Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Rescue (Adopt) a cat - listings

Old August 19th, 2005, 03:13 PM

Is that Toby??? His brother Ziggy was adopted but not him

We saw him listed on Petfinder 2 days ago I think, but then when we looked again last evening the listing was removed and then I was reading a thread on here saying he was already adopted (good for him not for us

He is soooooooooooooo gorgeous!!!!
Old August 19th, 2005, 03:27 PM
Senior Contributor

Toby is NOT adopted and desperately needs a permanent home, and not a foster home!!

Glad the tips helped you with your new kitty.
Old August 19th, 2005, 03:32 PM

Hi LuckyRescue

Boy did we assume wrong...I thought he was adopted!!

Since I can't find a write-up on him through Petfinder -- can you send me the info on Toby through here or by PM. I can give you my phone number or e-mail through that

thanks
Old August 19th, 2005, 03:33 PM
Senior Contributor

nuttinfluffer,What Badger told me,is that Toby is in fostercare,he is very beautiful and still needs a home.
I am soo happy Fonz is working out.
You have 2 newfies,boy,you must have a big house
Introducing 2 adult male cats to each other is not always easy,but I am sure you're aware of that.
It would be wonderful if Toby could get a permanent home :love:
Old August 19th, 2005, 03:44 PM
Senior Contributor

I took Toby's listing down as I thought he was going to a new foster home (which he is)

But at his age, he really needs to go straight to a permanent home to ease the stress on him. He already lost his brother, and his home and has been sitting in a cage at the vet for weeks now.

I saw him at our last adoption event. He is beautiful and very sweet!!

Please contact Badger asap.
Old August 19th, 2005, 03:53 PM
Senior Contributor

Awwww,all fingers and toes crossed for Toby
Old August 19th, 2005, 04:34 PM

Badger called me...2 seconds after I PM'd her!!! Just spoke to the husband and it's a "go" Looks like we'll be making a trip to Montreal for Toby

Now I have to call Badger to make it official and to get directions ;-)
Old August 19th, 2005, 04:38 PM
Senior Contributor

Great news! I will cancel my foster home for tomorrow!
Old August 19th, 2005, 04:39 PM
Senior Contributor

Good stuff...I hope it works out Lucky will give some instruction I am sure.I have three adult males,but I never introduced 2 adult males to each other,I always began with kittens.
I would imagine it is a very slow process,one of my males go ballistic if he sees a strange cat. Good Luck! and hugs to beautiful Toby,please,please be a good boy :love:
Old August 19th, 2005, 06:02 PM

Left a message for Badger to call me for directions Can't wait to see Toby in person....ohhhhhhh he's going to get spoiled rotten by us ;-)
Old August 19th, 2005, 06:28 PM
Senior Contributor

Great work everyone. Toby's going home tomorrow. Thanks Poodletalk, thanks Lucky Rescue, thanks Chico. It's a wrap.
Old August 19th, 2005, 06:35 PM
Senior Contributor

OMG, I just saw this. It's the best news for this poor baby!!

Thanks to all who helped, and a HUGE thanks to "nuttinfluffer" for your kind heart! So many people will not adopt a cat this age, which is ridiculous since he could easily be around another 10 - 12 years.Yay!!!
Old August 19th, 2005, 07:08 PM

A big, big thank you to Badger for making this all possible. I've been in touch with the vet where Toby is and they are waiting for us tomorrow. We will be there before lunchtime

As promised a donation will be made to Lucky Rescue to help other kitties in their program and hopefully save another life

I will be sure to post pics of Toby in his new forever home.

P.S.
I'm not going to sleep a wink tonight...I'm so excited!!!
Old August 19th, 2005, 07:25 PM
Senior Contributor

You are very kind!

And don't forget if you need help introducing these two guys, please either come here and ask, or if you wish to email me, you can do so at:
laurent376@hotmail.com

I suggest you don't let the cats even see each other for at least a week. Toby has been through a great deal and needs time to just settle in and get lots of lovin's!

I've introduced many cats of all ages and both sexes, and never had two who couldn't get along.

ETA: Any donation at this time will go towards helping this baby:
Attached Images

Old August 20th, 2005, 07:21 AM
Senior Contributor

nuttinfluffer,thank you for making my day all the best to beautiful Toby and the rest of your family..patience and lots of loving will be what Toby needs and I am sure he'll get it from you
Old August 20th, 2005, 12:34 PM

Hi all....Toby is home He was amazing in the car and didn't even freak out with the 1 1/2 hour drive back. The staff at the vet clinic were great too...and two of the girls had tears of joy streaming down their faces as we were adopting Toby.

Toby is a very laid back cat - but yet very outgoing. Toby's only been here about an hour and is already eating, using the litterbox and making himself quite at home on the sofa, cat tree, computer desk. He loves the kids and is quite the little love-bug with the hubby & I. As I'm writing this note, Toby is sitting here beside my keyboard

I'm going to post pics very soon.
Old August 20th, 2005, 12:43 PM
Senior Contributor

I love it when everything comes together just right!!

I cannot thank you enough for giving this guy a second chance at a wonderful life.

It's so true that one person's trash is another's treasure. I wish more people would consider adopting mature cats. I think they're great!

Looking forward to pics!!

How is your other cat handling all this?
Old August 20th, 2005, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyRescue

How is your other cat handling all this?
To be quite honest -- it's going wonderfully I knew right from the start at the vet's office that Toby was very relaxed and not stressed there. The staff told me they were taking turns bringing Toby home with them and having him around their own cats overnight here and there...so I figured the only slight problem might be my own Maine. Turns out when I brought Toby home, it was Fonz that came up to the cat carrier and wanted to see Toby.

Toby took to Fonz right away. I know you guys must be thinking it's impossible - but seriously I think these two, because they were in rescue and have been around so many other cats have been able to adapt so fast.

As I write this the two boys are having a nap on the area rug together like they've known each other for years!! I must go recharge my digital camera batteries.
Old August 20th, 2005, 01:45 PM

What a great thread!!!! Nuttinfluffer you are so great for bringing this furry into your home! Yey! It's just so great- this story made my day! And yes you will have to post pics soon!!
Old August 20th, 2005, 02:07 PM
Senior Contributor

It just keeps getting better! Stop, I can't take so much good news.
Old August 20th, 2005, 05:03 PM

That's so wonderful! Thank you for taking Toby and giving him a house full of people to love and who love him back.

Lyne
Old August 21st, 2005, 06:48 AM
Senior Contributor

Nuttinfluffer,words can not describe how I feel,I am soooo happy and relieved for Toby.
I was worried the two cats would be fighting and you would end up giving up on Toby,it has happened :sad:
But these two lost souls,probably know they better behave,knowing the alternative out there
I cannot thank you enough,Toby was on top of my worrylist..
Old August 21st, 2005, 11:44 AM

The boys are doing well together -- I elected to sleep on the couch last night to make sure things went smooth during the night. Well they did Both Fonz & Toby (who's now being called Chico) slept up in the comfy cat tree ALL night.

No worries "Chico2", both boys are safe, very much loved and AREN'T going anywhere

Cindy
Old August 21st, 2005, 01:57 PM
Senior Contributor

Cindy,Chico is a great name for a wonderful cat,as is my very own Chico...one of the girls here also once brought up a raccoon baby and his name was Chico,a very honourable name
Please keep us posted about their progress,it sounds like things are great and I am very happy for Chico and Fonz...even envious,since I would have loved to be able to take Toby.
Thank's for the up-date!!
Old September 2nd, 2005, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyRescue
My suggestion is a very calm, relaxed and laid back cat - neutered males are often like that. Find one who solicits petting or rolls on his back when you greet him. In other words, a "bomb proof" guy.

Females can be a little more stand-offish, while males are often always up for a cuddle session.

Of course I'm speaking in generalities,and you may find what you are looking for in either sex! I'm just partial to the boys.

"Mitso" here, from our site, is a good demonstration of the type of cat you want if you have kids and/or are not experienced with cats - a complete "Lover-boy" who is not bothered by anything!. Let us know how the meeting with Greta goes!!
I e-mailed Peggy but haven't heard anything yet, so I thought I'd post here. Is Mitso still available for adoption?
Old September 2nd, 2005, 08:52 PM
Senior Contributor

You want a third cat?
Old September 2nd, 2005, 09:20 PM

Yes. Three is my limit, but yes we want a third.
Old September 3rd, 2005, 06:20 AM

Can anyone let me know if Mitso is still available for adoption. His photo is on this thread through LuckyRescue.
Old September 3rd, 2005, 06:40 AM
Senior Contributor

Do you still have Chico(Toby)??? I for one would love to see some pics of the 2 cats together.
You have not told us much about what's happening....how they get along with the dogs etc....
If you have perfect harmony between the 2 cats,I too wonder why you want to disturb it,by adding another.But sure,rescuing another cat is great,as long as you know what you are getting yourself in to.
I had Rocky and Chico living happily together,then I had to take little Vinnie and things changed,luckily with perseverance it worked out in the end but Chico still hates Vinnie.
Please,try to get some pics for us
Old September 3rd, 2005, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2
Do you still have Chico(Toby)??? I for one would love to see some pics of the 2 cats together.
You have not told us much about what's happening....how they get along with the dogs etc....
If you have perfect harmony between the 2 cats,I too wonder why you want to disturb it,by adding another.But sure,rescuing another cat is great,as long as you know what you are getting yourself in to.
I had Rocky and Chico living happily together,then I had to take little Vinnie and things changed,luckily with perseverance it worked out in the end but Chico still hates Vinnie.
Please,try to get some pics for us
Yes we still have Chico I do have a few pictures unfortunately the files are really huge and the forum won't post it. They are all 1.7 MB and up. I can send pictures to someone's e-mail if they are willing to downsize the photos for me. Things are fine with the dogs. The cats have a dog-free room that is blocked off with a baby gate if the kitties choose, other than that they have free reign of the house.

I came to this forum first thinking this would be a good place to rescue a third cat that needed rescuing to a good home, but I'm getting the feeling that I'm not really welcome here anymore, as no one is answering about if Mitso is still available for adoption.