Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Thank you - Heros big and small

Old July 2nd, 2010, 09:56 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
sorry about the off topic but yes , they were adopted out together by a friend of the rescue !! I met her and her 2 old labs (angel dogs omg ... ) I am on stand by , if it doesn't work out , I'm taking back the fosters. But no news is good news

we'll wait until she's sure that it's working out , then I'm getting other fosters. There's 2-3 waiting for foster homes right now. I'm hoping to get all of them. this has been very different than fostering dogs , not the same but as much fun.
Wonderful wonderful news!! Frenchy - you ROCK!!! And you are right. They are not the same as dogs but they sure are just as much fun!

Naddy and kits have settled in so well. Naddy seems to be enjoying her space. She either lies on the top shelf or on top of one of the houses and stretches right out. The only time I have seen her in the houses is to eat, sleep (at night) and poop. The rest she's out relaxing. I know the babies are still nursing. Her nipples are well used. I'm not rushing weaning. When the time is right she will stop. Then I will make her appt to be fixed.

The kittens are developing their personalities. MiniMoo is going to be such a hoot for aslan and Grace. He is a character for sure. Usually the first to come running when I come in. The first to go exploring (although the others aren't far behind) and the first to eat too.
The one twin with more marking on her I have been tempted to name Growler. When you pick her up when she's in the middle of playing she lets you know her displeasure by emitting these tiny little growls. It is adorable! The little black one is pretty quiet. He plays a lot but also spends a lot of time sleeping. I am keeping a close eye on him. Their eyes are clearing up very very well. They are still getting their L-lysine mixed in with their food and will continue to get it.
K - that's the update. Pics to come later on...... if I find some time. Working tonight and I need to do a shopping before then for kitty food.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old July 2nd, 2010, 10:13 AM

Hi everyone!

I finally registered!!! I hope this works as I've never been on forums, so I'm learning!!! I just want to thank everyone for all their help and effort in getting Meow Meow (Nadine) and her family to their new home.

You are probably wondering who I am!!! Well, I'm the one who contacted cpietra16 when I found out that she was pregnant. I only found out last fall that the night shift had a visitor that spent the night with them in the factory every day. Apparently, she wondered in about 1 1/2 ago. They fed her and brought her a cushion to sleep on. When I asked the question in fall weather she was fixed, they all said that they thought she was! I should have followed my gut feeling and have her checked!!! When I found out she was pregnant, I went to see her to see how big she was. Well, she was big!!! I guess it was 2 weeks before she gave birth. From then on, I fed her the best food possible because I knew she would need it as the factory is closed on weekends so from the Saturday a.m. to the Monday p.m. she would have to find food elsewhere. For 4 weeks we tried to find out where she was keeping the little ones but no success. After 4 weeks, she brought them in the factory 1 by one. So the next morning, I called cpietra16 and you know the rest!!! I would have taken her to our home but my husband would not have approved because 9 years ago, Shadow wondered in the basement of our office and of course ended up at our house, despite my husband's disapproval!!! But when Shadow was going in to get spayed, I got a call from the vet telling me that she was pregnant!!! 7 kittens later!!!! We kept 2 kittens from the litter but one got hit by a car. The other one is Spazz, the one that suffers from cerebral hyperplasia. She is quite the cat. She cannot see and cannot stand. She has quite a temperament. She growls until you pick her up, then she starts purring and gives you a tongue bath!!! I guess I should stop now cause I could go on, and on, and on!!!
Old July 2nd, 2010, 10:22 AM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

michmonster,,,welcome to the forum and a huuuuuuuge thank you for helping Naddy and her family out,,,she will soon be bilingual and couldn't be in a better place with the babies than she is right now. I have been to 14+'s in person and they are definately being well loved and cared for..
Old July 2nd, 2010, 10:23 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Welcome michmonster!!! Just wanted to thank you for your help in rescuing Naddy and her babes. She is an absolute doll! I love her already. I don't think she has a mean bone in her. Amazing considering she hadn't had much of a life before you came along.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old July 2nd, 2010, 10:32 AM
Senior Contributor

hey michmonster....glad you figured out how to get on...don't be shy about your knowledge of raw, and homeopathic meds for all animals...ps..I bet the everyone would love to see your peanut too...
Old July 2nd, 2010, 11:03 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Hi michmonster! I had the honor of keeping these little sweet hearts over night and I just fell in love with them. Kinda makes me jealous that 14+ has them .

Would love to hear about your raw recipes , I make my own and always welcome new recipes and advice .

Oh and yes, pics, pics and more pics please.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old July 2nd, 2010, 11:08 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

I forgot to say thank you for helping out Naddy

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old July 2nd, 2010, 12:29 PM
-

Welcome to pets.ca michmonster !

Quote:
I am on stand by , if it doesn't work out , I'm taking back the fosters. But no news is good news
I jinxed it again .... my fosters are coming back.
Old July 2nd, 2010, 12:35 PM
150% PRO S/N

Oh no! Is it the dogs? But it can't be because you have 4 that are perfect with kitties.
The right home will come soon hon. Hang in there.

Old July 2nd, 2010, 12:36 PM
-

Quote:

I jinxed it again .... my fosters are coming back.
RATS............WHY..........
Old July 2nd, 2010, 12:38 PM
-

No , everything is perfect , but the lady has older dogs that requires help (one has cancer , the other needs help with stairs etc...) and now she can see that she can't give the girls the attention they deserve. Which I completely understand.

She did say that the girls were doing amazing so that tells me that they will do great where ever.
Old July 2nd, 2010, 01:24 PM
150% PRO S/N

See. Nothing you did wrong. Just not the right fit for right now. I am sure they will find the perfect one soon.

Old July 2nd, 2010, 01:57 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Welcome to the board, michmonster!

Are you at all surprised that the new family is settling in so fast, 14+? Sounds like things are going beautifully!!!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old July 2nd, 2010, 04:35 PM
Senior Contributor

michmonster,a huge Thank You for caring for Naddy and her brood initially

I had the pleasure of driving the last leg to 14+,only about 40min from my house.
At first I think Naddy was a little travel-weary,but she soon recouped,the babies are adorable and they'll all have a wonderful time at 14+.

If she only knew how many people care about her and her babies,everyone was wonderful,but I really did not expect anything less from all these girls.
Old July 3rd, 2010, 10:33 PM
Senior Contributor

Hi michmonster.. welcome to the forum!
Thank you so much for looking after Naddy and her babies!!

Frenchy I'm sorry the placement didn't work out for the kitties, the right one will come along.

~Tegan 9 year old yellow lab~
~Wilbur 9 year old LH cat~
~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~O'Shawnnessey 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
~Mindy 7 yr old shih tzu~
~Dexter 10yr old Salmon (large goldfish)
Old July 3rd, 2010, 10:47 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
Are you at all surprised that the new family is settling in so fast, 14+? Sounds like things are going beautifully!!!
Nope. In my experience most cats settle pretty quickly. Naddy is such an angel. She is a very forgiving kitty. I said earlier that she doesn't have a mean bone in her body. She is already weaving her way around my legs when I am in their home looking for affection. And she is weaving her way into my heart too. Considering the life she has had she is amazing. Once she gets spayed and doesn't have to worry about going into heat any more she is going to be an absolute dream kitty.
The kittens are so sweet and silly. The twins have such attitude! It's funny to hear the tiny little growls coming from them when they are busy playing and I interrupt them. MiniMoo is still the little instigator of course. Tipster ( the black kitty) is Mr Sleepyhead but when he is awake he is as busy as the others. The little tabby girl - she's gonna be a knockout when she grows up. She is so beautiful!! And MiniMoo's twin is quite the character as well.
They have all mastered climbing up to the top of their houses. Love to spend time jumping out at each other from the side of the litter house. They also like to just sit quietly and watch the bigger kitties playing and running past their house.
Duece has been trying to introduce himself. I keep telling him hissing and growling is not the proper way to welcome new friends to the neighbourhood. I bet in another week he will be hanging as close to their door as he can hoping to sneak in while I am feeding them.
The rest of the kitties take their turns stopping long enough to watch the kitty antics, and continuing on to their important duties - sleeping under the trees and eating - lots!!

Old July 3rd, 2010, 10:58 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Silly Deuce!!!

Must be cute to see the catuary cats watching the newcomers! Entertainment for them--better than TV

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."