Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old December 12th, 2006, 10:45 PM
Honest Contributor

i keep hoping for good news :sad:

has he been spotted by anyone lately? you must not lose hope... i pray that fate will bring him back to you, safe and sound... he's called homer for a reason

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints.

:love: ~Akitas Are Love~ :love:
Old December 13th, 2006, 08:08 AM
Senior Contributor

Joe and Nat,it is the most heartbreaking situation not knowing,but never give up on Homer,miracles do happen.
Hopefully he's alive and well in somebody's house and they will feel bad enough,seeing it's Christmas-time and call you
I live about 2 hours away from you,but I am always on the lookout for stray animals,you never know
Old December 13th, 2006, 08:25 AM
Senior Contributor

I hope for a miracle too
Old December 13th, 2006, 07:31 PM
-

Don't give up. Fingers crossed and prayers for Homer's safe return.

Old December 26th, 2006, 04:52 PM
-

Have you found Homer yet?
Old December 27th, 2006, 01:21 AM

Nothing Yet

Homer has not been found yet. We recieved a phone call last friday, but again the dog was not him. We sent out 200 flyers to area homes before Christmas, but no calls. We will be getting 500 more flyers printed off and send them to another area around where Homer was lost. We will not give up hope and it nice to see that you are still concerned about Homer and that hes not just yesterdays news. Keep your fingers crossed!
We'll keep you posted,
Thanks,
Joe and Nat
Old December 27th, 2006, 08:29 AM
Senior Contributor

righton,Homer will never be yesterdays news,not until he is back home...we have a few lost dogs on the Forum and I could imagine nothing worse for the owners,so yes,Homer is on our minds:love:
I checked out the Oakville HS,he could have gotten this far and I am always looking out for any stray dogs,hoping by a miracle it could be Homer.
Old December 27th, 2006, 03:35 PM

I've been following your thread and keep hoping to read that Homer is safely back home. Don't give up, I once found a dog that was lost for 4 months in the wintertime, and then located his people. Have you been advertising on the local radio stations (on the lost & found)? And listening too, 3 times I've found a lost dog's people this way, when they heard my found dog ad.
Old December 27th, 2006, 03:54 PM
-

Glad to hear you haven't given up.....we are all praying for Homer.
Old December 28th, 2006, 12:22 PM

My prayers are with you

Joe and Nat,

Thanks for your kind message with regard to Jace (the German Shepherd lost in Ottawa). We are still searching for him but have had a few sightings recently so that has given us new hope.

I completely relate to what you're going through- it is absolutely heartwrenching thinking of our dogs out there all lost and all alone. But please do not lose hope. I'm not sure how far you have gone in terms of distributing flyers but the recent sightings of Jace have actually been located 60km away from where he was originally lost! We were told that dogs can travel 20km/day but never thought that he would actually venture out that far! Actually, for the two weeks that we had had no sightings, it was because we had not gone out far enough in terms of spreading out our flyers.

Also, have you taken a look at www.lostdogsearch.com? It is an extremely helpful site. Oh and one more thing, I recently read that feeding a lost dog (once found) lots of food and water is actually quite dangerous and can lead to pancreatic shock. Please be careful when you find Homer.

My prayers are with you! Hoping that both Homer and Jace will return to us very soon!

Yoko
Old December 28th, 2006, 05:26 PM
An Honest Contributor
Fishing the Sea Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, KickUps Champion, Jason's Pong Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Eskiv Champion, Aski Champion, Ping Champion

for Homer and Jace
Old January 1st, 2007, 06:43 PM
-

Any more sightings of Homer?
Old January 2nd, 2007, 09:43 PM

No news yet

Hi everyone,
Our efforts thus far have gone unrewarded, but we wont stop trying. Just thought I would tell you about something that happened today though.

We recieved a phone call at 430 this afternoon by someone saying that they found our dog at such and such a place, but no number was left and there is no way of finding out who called as the number was blocked or something. Street names were left, but i think they were fake as i can't find them in any area maps. The message almost seemed like the people were pranking us. We will wait and see if the call is returned, but we have a feeling that it was a prank call because it seemed very sarcastic. If this is the case, people have now achieved a new low.

Thank you all for your support,
Joe and Nat
Old January 3rd, 2007, 01:14 AM
-

What a mean thing for someone to do. Positive thoughts coming your way for Homer. Hopefully, you'll be reunited soon.
Old January 3rd, 2007, 07:54 AM
Senior Contributor

Righton,I am really sorry,but not surprised people would pull such a heartless prank..
When I first read it,I thought someone wanted to stay anonymous,but still tell you where Homer is,who has him..but I guess not:sad:
for Homer:love:
Old January 3rd, 2007, 12:18 PM
Senior Contributor

I am very sorry, hopefully someone has taken him in and does not realize you are looking. I am not sure if you have done this but map out an area 10 km from where he was lost, put posters in every petfood store, grocery store, feed store(if someone food they have to buy food) and vets office, and at dog parks or parks in general within that area, contact any animal rescues in the vicinity, going to petfinder.com using your postal code will find some of those in your area, they can also contact members to keep an eye out or possibly help with a search ask them to spread the word to other rescues that may not be listed, and to notify you if they know of anyone who obtained a similiar looking dog in the last 2 months, I know when greyhounds have been lost in rural areas people have been known to enlist the aid of small aircraft pilots to do aerial searches and have hired tracking dogs to see if they can turn up anything(you would need a blanket or bed with his scent on it though I am not sure how long after this can be done) one greyhound in London was found almost 2 months over the winter after she was lost, she turned up at the airport airfield, they had to use a tranquilizer gun to get her, as the airport official would only allow a limit time to catch her as she posed a danger to aircraft safety, some greyhounds have been recovered 6 months to a year after disappearing. Another thing is to contact public road works or department of highways in the event he was hit and killed on the road and his body was picked up, I know not a pleasant thought, sorry, but would provide closure in the event he was.
I am praying you will find him, sorry I am coming into ths post late
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." - Unknown
Old January 12th, 2007, 03:48 PM
-

Any updates?
Old January 12th, 2007, 07:13 PM

Homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by righton60 View Post
Our efforts to find Homer have failed thus far...it is extremely discouraging but we continue to look. We have sent out some posters to peoples mail box's and we had a call today, but the dog wasn't him. We will continue the search tomorrow and keep you posted.

We just want to give you guys some history about Homer. We adopted him from the London Humane Socity in June of this year, we were so happy to get him. He was placed in the humane society after being removed from his previous home because of neglect...so we have no history of his life. He spent 3 months in the shelter before we went in a met him and we visited him about 10 times at the shelter; i think we were the only ones to go and visit him. We really got to know him and we fell in love...he was perfect. Homer was the perfect dog; he was house trained, obedient, and loving so we knew that he was perfect for our family. He played outside and was calm and relaxed indoors...he even had a bed time; every night at about 8 he would go to bed. He was our kid and we miss him soooo much.

If anyone has anymore ideas on what to do please help us....we are lost and we want our kid back.

Thanks,
Joe and Nat
Any news on Homer????
bullidog
Old January 20th, 2007, 07:06 PM
-

Any news about Homer?
Old January 21st, 2007, 11:13 AM

No news yet. Thank for asking and keeping us in your thoughts. We are finding it very difficult to stay positive. It's weighing very heavily on our hearts not to have him. We just keep praying that we will one day be reunited. There is a lady that saw one of our postings on the internet that has been very positive and helpful with linking us up with other resources.
Thanks again and please pray for Homer.
Old January 21st, 2007, 02:09 PM

richton60

Have you checked The Animal Care Centre Lobo in Ilderton,Ontario or the Hillside Kennels Animal Control. According to a friend in London when there dog was missing he was at the animal control for three days before they were phoned. I have emailed them Homers picture and they will be on the look-out
Old January 21st, 2007, 04:34 PM
Senior Contributor

righton,believe me,we never forget a lost dog and never stop praying he'll be found
Once you are on this Forum,you are part of our community as Homer and you are,we just keep hoping for good news:love:
I can imagine what you are going through,knowing he is out there somewhere on his own:sad:
Old January 28th, 2007, 02:21 PM
-

Any updates on Homer?
Old February 15th, 2007, 06:25 PM
-

bump
Old February 18th, 2007, 11:44 AM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Thinking about Homer today...Any news?

Cindy