Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old January 27th, 2009, 05:38 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

Chico2 loves me benmax so she aint gonna side with you, haha..i've let her snuggle my boys so i've already won her over.
Old January 27th, 2009, 05:41 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
Chico2 loves me benmax so she aint gonna side with you, haha..i've let her snuggle my boys so i've already won her over.
Well I read in the bathroom wall at the truck stop (on my way to transport the dogs of course) that you will let just about anyone snuggle your 'boys' .....I bet Chico2 didn't know about that now did she??

Now let me get this outline done......yep - it is looking great!
Old January 27th, 2009, 05:42 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Oh, feel the love!! I feel like we're back in the TJT!!
Chico, thank you!
BenMax, I don't think you are on my sh@tlist. But it also helps when people actually POST pics of their pets!! I like the element of surprise. I don't tell anyone who is getting a pic.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old January 27th, 2009, 05:44 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Ooooo...incentive to post pics! Maybe we can convince both BenMax and Chris to post more!

I'm waiting anxiously for hubby to make it home so I can show him! Should be any minute now.... Of course, the day I'm impatient for him to arrive, he's late

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old January 27th, 2009, 05:44 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMax View Post
Well I read in the bathroom wall at the truck stop (on my way to transport the dogs of course) that you will let just about anyone snuggle your 'boys' .....I bet Chico2 didn't know about that now did she??

Now let me get this outline done......yep - it is looking great!
soooo that's where you're making your money now, the bathrooms at truck stops, tsk tsk...

14+ of course we love each other, she's my buddy.
Old January 27th, 2009, 05:45 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
Oh, feel the love!! I feel like we're back in the TJT!!
Chico, thank you!
BenMax, I don't think you are on my sh@tlist. But it also helps when people actually POST pics of their pets!! I like the element of surprise. I don't tell anyone who is getting a pic.
So 14+ - did you so happen to 'stumble' on a pic I have of my Blu in the Siamese Breeder thread?? Just a 'suggestion' that you see how terribly beautiful he is..........ahhhhhhhh just thought you might want to know.
Old January 27th, 2009, 05:46 PM
-

omg, if that isn't brown nosing it i don't know what is,,
Old January 27th, 2009, 05:46 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMax View Post
So 14+ - did you so happen to 'stumble' on a pic I have of my Blu in the Siamese Breeder thread?? Just a 'suggestion' that you see how terribly beautiful he is..........ahhhhhhhh just thought you might want to know.
Ha!! Actually, I did! He is gorgeous!!! Love Siamese kitties.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old January 27th, 2009, 05:47 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
soooo that's where you're making your money now, the bathrooms at truck stops, tsk tsk...

14+ of course we love each other, she's my buddy.
Indeed - as the female truckers had mentioned that they were not satisfied by some college nameless artist. Ok I am going home now...bye!
Old January 27th, 2009, 05:48 PM
-

i didn't know bendyfoot was servicing women at truck stops, tsk tsk...
Old January 27th, 2009, 05:50 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
i didn't know bendyfoot was servicing women at truck stops, tsk tsk...

Ok back to my siamese cat that 14+ will create...I mean back to my artwork. Do dogs have whiskers?
Old January 27th, 2009, 05:56 PM
Senior Contributor

Do I have to get all the little dots? Can I add Hazel in the picture ..like trying to squeeze in between with her nose up against the glass or something?
Old January 27th, 2009, 05:57 PM
-

yes they have whiskers and you can't copy 14+ art work you have to make one of your own.
Old January 27th, 2009, 05:58 PM
Jag and Gingers dad

That is beautiful work.
14+ you do amazing art work.
Old January 27th, 2009, 06:01 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
yes they have whiskers and you can't copy 14+ art work you have to make one of your own.
I can do whatever I want Aslan - you are not the boss of me! (ok you are). But from what I understand this competition to be is to use this as a base and we can enhance from there.

So let me create and stop interferring because you think you are going to throw me off of the game...it ain't happening. My crayola is creating. Now leave me in peace so I can concentrate.

Do dogs have 5 teeth? Opps that is Aslan....sorry it slipped.
Old January 27th, 2009, 06:31 PM
150% PRO S/N

Thank you angeldogs.

Old January 27th, 2009, 08:08 PM
~Cat Servent~

Man another beautiful one! Nice work!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old January 27th, 2009, 08:21 PM
-

OMG.....that is beautiful.

14+, you have such an amazing talent.
Old January 27th, 2009, 10:32 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

hubby loved it, too, 14+ Probably not as much as I do...but only cuz that's not humanly possible!

I had it temporarily hanging by the computer...I'm thinking it might stay there permanently cuz it's so easy to look at up there. It's just so cool!!!!!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old January 27th, 2009, 10:43 PM
150% PRO S/N

Thanks hazel! I am really glad you like it. I never know when I send them out how they will be received. Glad hubby liked it too.
Thanks Kelly and rainbow.
Ummm, how are BM's and aslan's pics coming do you think? (I just don't want to be shown up. )

Old January 27th, 2009, 10:56 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Yeah, funny how this is sort of a two-threads-in-one now, eh?

I don't think theirs could hold a candle to yours, though!

Now tell me, honestly, have you really had anyone not like one of your woodburnings?!?

How long did this one take? The detail is fantastic! I never realized you could get that much visual dimension using a woodburner! Looks like it must've taken you a long time.

Old January 27th, 2009, 11:05 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
Yeah, funny how this is sort of a two-threads-in-one now, eh?

I don't think theirs could hold a candle to yours, though!

Now tell me, honestly, have you really had anyone not like one of your woodburnings?!?

Ummm, yes.

How long did this one take? The detail is fantastic! I never realized you could get that much visual dimension using a woodburner! Looks like it must've taken you a long time.
Start to finish with sanding and spraying, probably around 15 hours, give or take. I don't usually keep track. A lot depends on the wood and how well it decides to co operate.
I have a parrot one here that I did probably 12 years ago that is one of my favs. It took well over 50 hours to do. Tons of detail in it.

Old January 27th, 2009, 11:13 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Really? Only 15 hours? Looks like way more than that to me. Not only do you do good work, you work fast!

I'd love to see the parrot piece!! You wouldn't happen to have a picture to share, would you?

Old January 27th, 2009, 11:22 PM
150% PRO S/N

As a matter of fact....
Sorry about the angle. It's the only way to get a picture without a glare on it.
Attached Images

Old January 27th, 2009, 11:28 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Oh, now I'm truly in awe!!!

That's incredibly beautiful!!!!!

How do you get the curved lines? The few times I've tried woodburning, I did fine till I ran into the grain...and then the grain took over Even when it was nearly grainless wood So your arcs are setting my head spinning.

I love the depth you get in your pieces! It must take a delicate touch to get all the different shading.

Old January 27th, 2009, 11:31 PM
Senior Contributor

awww 14+ you are too sweet and seriously such a wonderful artist!

How could anyone not like your work!??!!?!?!

That parrot piece is out of this world amazing, really!

"No, Bunduk, Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!"
Old January 27th, 2009, 11:31 PM
Senior Contributor

I keep going back to look at all the details...its gorgeous

"No, Bunduk, Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!"
Old January 27th, 2009, 11:34 PM
You can call me DOG!

Crayola contest for February photos--I'm in!

14+...your work is amazing! Beautiful portrait of part of the pack.

Rest in Peace Bailey: 12/10/95-1/9/09 (Golden Retriever)
Rest in Peace Kitty: 7/1/2000 - 10/7/2013
Rest in Peace Gryphon (sounds like Griffin): 10/15/2004 - 11/18/2017 (English Springer Spaniel)
Bella: 3/09/2005 LHD Cat adopted by/from Child
Mollie: 6/2/2009 (English Setter)
Old January 27th, 2009, 11:35 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by onster View Post
I keep going back to look at all the details...its gorgeous
I do, too! I can't imagine the patience it takes to do something like that!

Old January 27th, 2009, 11:38 PM
150% PRO S/N

Awww gee, thanks ladies. I'm getting a swelled head here.
hazel - a lot of it is in the wood itself. You can't use a grainy wood or one that is too soft. The parrots are done on walnut which is really hard. Yours is done on basswood. Basswood isn't too hard but it also does not have a lot of grain in it. It still catches on occasion though. Slightly frustrating.
I only use the one tip too. I know lots of burners use more than one but I like the flow with it so stick with it.