Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Cat health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old February 26th, 2010, 12:21 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Thanks for your continued support ladies. It means a lot. He is getting his appetite back quickly. Polished off a can already today. Will have to get his liver ready for him soon and see if he will eat more of it.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old February 26th, 2010, 12:27 PM
-

Brownie is sure lucky you're looking after him !!
Old February 26th, 2010, 12:32 PM
Senior Contributor

Gooo Brownie!
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old February 26th, 2010, 02:15 PM
Senior Contributor

14+ I'm glad that Brownie is still fighting the fight. You are so good to be loving him so. I'm with you, we have to do what we can for them so long as they are willing to give it a go.

My girl Shadow is having troubles with her red blood cell count also, although it hasn't been suggested it's auto immune related, just mostly old age. I have been giving her chicken livers for a while now to try to boost her Iron, but the vet warned me that too much liver can cause a problem with Vit A buildup, which I hadn't thought of. I haven't read this entire thread, so I don't know how much liver you're giving Brownie, but thought I'd pass this on to you because I hadn't thought of it myself at all for Shadow.

Also, he told me, which I didn't realize at all, that chicken livers don't really have much nutritional value. He says because they kill the chickens so young the livers haven't built up the Iron and other benefits we'd expect them to have being liver...

You probably know all this stuff already, but just thought I'd mention it after I read you were feeding him liver.
Old February 26th, 2010, 02:40 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Thanks DD. What little bit he eats probably won't hurt him any more than the disease has. Most days he eats a few bites and walks away. About once a week or so he will eat about half of one. I have talked to the vet about the livers and the chicken I cook for him too. She seems to think it's ok for him. Thanks very much for letting me know. I will ask her about that next time.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old February 26th, 2010, 03:05 PM
Live well, laugh often

Good vibes for Brownie . He is very lucky to have such a caring mom .
Old February 26th, 2010, 07:30 PM
150% PRO S/N

Thanks everyone. He is showing more energy today. Actually looking for toys and chasing Mittens.