Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 13th, 2004, 10:53 PM

Unhappy death of a dog

Hello, My dog rocky who was a shepard husky cross had to be put down a week ago, he was starting to bite people, which was a shame cause he was the best dog i ever had. I can't seem to stop crying over it. I just can't beleive he is gone. We got a new dog whom we rescued for my kids.
But how does a person get ovver it, I mean we had him for 5 years. He was a great dog, the kids could do anything to him and he would never growl or bark nothing and then he goes and starts biting other people, he nipped at a few kids as well as biting 2 adults. He was not sick he was very healthy and his temperment was mellow.
I'm jsut sooo sad over the whole thing, It was like losing one of my children almost.
My kids think he went to a farm that had other dogs like him so they are ok with as long as they had another dog to love which they got. She is a great dog and it makes me feel better to know we saved her but I miss my Rocky soo Bad.
Anyways was feeling blue and had to do something so this is what I did I posted to other animal people who might know what I am going thru
Thanks for this forum