Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old November 16th, 2006, 11:03 AM

Lost Dog...Please Help

My dog's name in Homer. He was lost while on a walk in the Komoka conservation path which is five minutes west of London, Ontario, Canada close to Delaware, Mount Brydges, Strathroy, Lobo, Lambeth, Poplarhill and Ilderton. Homer is a neutered american bulldog and is aprox 95lbs and is mostly brown or tan and has a white chest. He may look scary but he really isn't. If you see him try to tempt him with a ball or some food. Homer ran away on November 13, 2006 and we havn't seen him since and we have no leads. He is our baby and we really miss him and are worried! He was wearing his tags when he ran away. Please see attached file. Cash reward. Thanks!!
Attached Images

Last edited by righton60; November 16th, 2006 at 02:51 PM. Reason: taking out phone number and adding in some other info
Old November 19th, 2006, 08:37 AM
Senior Contributor

I hope you have your dog back any news??
Old November 19th, 2006, 09:18 AM

No News Yet, Thanks for asking

Homer has been missing for almost six days and we havn't even recieved a phone call that someone has seen him. He is an extremely athletic dog so we are guessing that he ran for a long time and that we need to put posters up in further locations now. Is this normal?
Thanks,
Joe and Nat
Old November 19th, 2006, 10:32 AM
Rottie owner and lover

Has you called all the rescues innthe nieighborhoods surrounding where your dog went missing?, have you called humane societies, spcas, vets?. Posters may not be enough.
By the way, was he neutered?
Old November 19th, 2006, 11:13 AM

Yes he is neutered. We have called our local shelter and other shelters in the area, and put up posters/told local vets.
He was wearing his collar and his tags when he went missing.
It's just so stressful and upsetting, we miss him so much!
Old November 19th, 2006, 11:25 AM
Honest Contributor

oh poor puppy.. he's so beautiful i really hope he is found soon, i can't imagine losing one of my "kids" ... praying for his safe return....

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints.

:love: ~Akitas Are Love~ :love:
Old November 19th, 2006, 11:37 AM
Senior Contributor

go in to animal control and all the other centres that pick up animals and try giving them a photo, one of the face and another of the eintire body. write down any particular markings. good luck
Old November 19th, 2006, 11:57 AM

Thanks for your support!

We thank all of you for your support and suggestions. We'll keep you posted!
Thank you
Joe & Nat
Old November 19th, 2006, 12:00 PM
Senior Contributor

You definitely have to go in person to any shelters or the pound, not just phone. Go every day. Fax your poster to vet offices and pounds outside your area, especially if he's a runner. Are there any familiar places he might go? If you have a car, keep going back to those places. Poster EVERYWHERE, grocery stores, dog parks, pet supply stores. Put ads in the newspaper. Offer a reward (without mentioning the amount).
Good luck. He's a cutie!
Old November 19th, 2006, 02:13 PM
Senior Contributor

Righton,I really don't think he looks scary,he looks like a really happy sweet dog and we'll that he is safe and warm somewhere.
I would say,be really dilligent,visit all the shelters,as has been said.
I know many people might take him for a Pit-Bull and with the stupid BSL in Ontario,people might be afraid to approach him.
Since he has a collar and tags,I would think any shelter would contact you,but he might have lost it.. that Homer will be found,I understand how devestated you must feel:sad:
Old November 22nd, 2006, 09:23 AM

Any news? And I'm confused, was he stolen on a walking path, or did he run away? I'm praying for him!

I looked at all the caged animals in the shelter...the cast-offs of human society. I saw in their eyes love and hope, fear and dread, sadness and betrayal. And I was angry. "God," I said, "this is terrible! Why don't you do something?" God was silent for a moment and then He spoke softly. "I have done something," He replied, "I created you." -The Animal's Savior, Copyright Jim Willis 1999
Old November 22nd, 2006, 10:34 AM

No news yet

Hi everyone,
Homer has not returned home yet. We put a lost ad in the newspaper all of this week, it's in till saturday, but no one has called. Homer chased after some dear on the path and totally disapeared. Someone may have picked him up by now and decided to keep him...we're not to sure. We'll keep you posted.
Thanks,
Joe and Nat
Old November 24th, 2006, 10:03 PM

An Update

Hi,
We just thought that we would post a quick update. We received a phone call tonight(Friday) who said she is sure that she saw Homer Wednesday jumping at her car to try and get in. She drives a similar car to one of ours, but she didn't pick him up because she thought it belonged to a house nearby; but tonight she saw one of our posters and called to let us know. We have a new search area now and went out for a bit tonight, but it's so dark and foggy we couldn't see a thing. So tomorrow we will be out again. We'll keep you updated, hopefully soon we will have some great news!
Thanks again,
Joe and Nat
Old November 25th, 2006, 08:33 AM
Senior Contributor

righton,at least you know he's alive and not wounded
Hopefully he's tired of running and will stick around in that area.
that you'll get him home soon
Thank's for keeping us updated!
Old November 25th, 2006, 09:27 AM
Agility Addict

I'm hoping you will find him today!! Stay positive - I'm sure you'll find him (or he'll find you!):love:
Old November 25th, 2006, 10:10 AM

This must be soo difficult for you....Good luck on your search today!!! ...my prayers are with you
Old November 26th, 2006, 01:47 AM
-

Do you have an update for us? I do hope Homer is safe at home now.
Old November 26th, 2006, 12:09 PM

Unfortunately no news yet...we've been out several times to where the lady said she saw him and nothing yet...we're trying to be hopeful. At least we know he's still alive and someone hasn't taken him.
We're continuing our search today, and we'll keep searching until we find him.
Thanks so much everyone!
Old November 28th, 2006, 02:43 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger View Post
You definitely have to go in person to any shelters or the pound, not just phone. Go every day. Fax your poster to vet offices and pounds outside your area, especially if he's a runner. Are there any familiar places he might go? If you have a car, keep going back to those places. Poster EVERYWHERE, grocery stores, dog parks, pet supply stores. Put ads in the newspaper. Offer a reward (without mentioning the amount).
Good luck. He's a cutie!
As badger said, make sure you still go to the shelters/pound/SPCA in person every day just in case he gets picked up.
Old November 28th, 2006, 05:51 PM

Yes, we are still checking the shelters and such and checking that our posters haven't been removed, and are handing out more closer to the area that he has been seen.
I went out today and talked to some people at a garage that is on the road where the lady told us she saw him and two guys there said they saw him. One said he saw him walking around, and another said he saw him walking along the highway. It's a little frustrating that no one stopped to pick him up, or even check to see if he was ok! He has his collar and tags on (the lady confirmed that he still has them on) so one would think that people would see he does have a family. So we are taking this as good news that he is ok, but are still frustrated that no one has stopped. It's been about a week since he was last seen so he could be anywhere, but we are focusing on that area on our searches. The road is so busy that he was walking along anything could have happened, but we are trying to be hopeful.

On a lighter side we did receive a couple of phone calls this weekend. One from a young boy (about 9 or 10?)telling us he hasn't found Homer yet, but he looks for him everyday; we thought this was so cute. Another from an older lady who read our ad in the paper and wanted to check to see if we had read the found ad of a dog with a similar discription as ours-we had read it and called but it wasn't Homer-the lady then went on for about 20-30 minutes discussing her pets. Even though she hadn't found Homer, we appreciated her call and thought it was funny.

Hopefully there will be even better news soon.
Old November 28th, 2006, 06:09 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by righton60
Yes, we are still checking the shelters and such
Sorry you haven't found Homer yet. I hope by your comment that you are going there "in person". That is really important as what happened to Mayhem is tragic....

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=32472

I know Homer was wearing his collar and tags but you never know if something could have happened to them. Good luck and I hope you find him soon.
Old November 29th, 2006, 03:08 PM

Yes, we are checking in person. We were worried that the collar had fallen off, but like I said, the lady confirmed that he was still wearing his collar and tags because that's what made her almost stop to pick him up.
We are offering a large reward, hoping that if someone dishonest has picked him up they would rather have the money than Homer.

Thanks for your input.
Old November 29th, 2006, 04:33 PM
Senior Contributor

Righton60,I was hoping for some good news by now,but it is encouraging people have noticed him,hopefully the next person will grab him and call you
Old December 4th, 2006, 03:47 AM
-

Do you have any updates?
Old December 4th, 2006, 07:47 PM

Poor Homer, I hope he comes home safe.
Old December 5th, 2006, 02:09 PM

No news yet

Hi everyone,
Homer has not come home yet; the search continues everyday. He was last seen almost two weeks ago, so we have no idea where he could be now. It is becoming very cold so we hope that he is at least staying warm some how...findng him would be the best christmas gift ever, so we are keeping our fingers crossed for his safe return. We are going to send out a mass amount of posters to the mail boxes around where he was last seen to try to spread the word even more...hopefully something happens. We'll keep you posted.
Thanks,
Joe and Nat
Old December 5th, 2006, 02:12 PM

I hope Homer finds his way home to you soon......
Old December 5th, 2006, 04:58 PM
Senior Contributor

I am sorry,was hoping for some good news:sad:
I hope you will get the best present ever,both for you and poor Homer
Why do dogs run away?:sad: I wish they would understand not too..
Old December 5th, 2006, 06:01 PM
-

Fingers and paws crossed that you will find him soon.
Old December 12th, 2006, 10:40 PM

No news yet

Our efforts to find Homer have failed thus far...it is extremely discouraging but we continue to look. We have sent out some posters to peoples mail box's and we had a call today, but the dog wasn't him. We will continue the search tomorrow and keep you posted.

We just want to give you guys some history about Homer. We adopted him from the London Humane Socity in June of this year, we were so happy to get him. He was placed in the humane society after being removed from his previous home because of neglect...so we have no history of his life. He spent 3 months in the shelter before we went in a met him and we visited him about 10 times at the shelter; i think we were the only ones to go and visit him. We really got to know him and we fell in love...he was perfect. Homer was the perfect dog; he was house trained, obedient, and loving so we knew that he was perfect for our family. He played outside and was calm and relaxed indoors...he even had a bed time; every night at about 8 he would go to bed. He was our kid and we miss him soooo much.

If anyone has anymore ideas on what to do please help us....we are lost and we want our kid back.

Thanks,
Joe and Nat
Attached Images