Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum > Crafts

Old April 16th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbpatti View Post
AG, how talented you are! I love how you have changed the covers, I am artistically challenged and Love to see what others can do. pbp
Thanks! I'm glad I was able to make that work. I loved the color, pink with the black dots, and the price was not to be beaten!

I think anybody can be creative! You just have to sit down and get your hands to work. It's nice that others like what you do, but I think the most important thing is, for you to like it and enjoy yourself while you are doing it.

I just ordered some photo's online. Mind you, it's not even a drop in the bucket compared to all the photo's I would like. LOL, I'm going through my folders little by little, but I got a pretty decent deal.

I ordered around 77 on shutterfly and they were 15cents a piece. So with delivery, it's cost me around $21. I think that might be cheaper than buying the ink for my printer and just doing it myself. I am though looking into getting one of those Kodak photo printers. That might be actually worth getting. But for now, this will work.

I should be getting those next week some time, and so in the meantime, I'll be looking around some boxes of stuff I have for things I can use.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old April 16th, 2009, 10:42 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

LMPG - you should be taking pics of your reno projects as you go and then doing a scrapbook on that. Before and after is always neat to look at.

AG - You can make little ribbons out of some of the yarn I sent you. The foam can be cut into any shape instead of going and buying more. The internet is a great place to download patterns for things you can cut out and use. You can use some of the seed beads to sprinkle around the pages. Even some of the beading wire/fishing line can be used in creative ways. Just trying to save you some dough.
Old April 16th, 2009, 01:46 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
LMPG - you should be taking pics of your reno projects as you go and then doing a scrapbook on that. Before and after is always neat to look at.

AG - You can make little ribbons out of some of the yarn I sent you. The foam can be cut into any shape instead of going and buying more. The internet is a great place to download patterns for things you can cut out and use. You can use some of the seed beads to sprinkle around the pages. Even some of the beading wire/fishing line can be used in creative ways. Just trying to save you some dough.
That's a great idea about the reno project!

OH, I already realized I can use some little cookie cutters I have to make shapes with the foam! LOL.

And I may be able to use the double sided tape and sprinkle some beads on them to make interesting borders. I'm going to experiment with that glue I got and see if I use a brush and spread it around, I can also sprinkle some glitter on it. I'm sure that will work too. I've also got some remnants of old clothes and fabric I may be able to do stuff with.

I think you are right in that you have to think outside the box. I've got some pictures left I can still use until I get the ones I ordered. So this weekend I can start on a couple of more pages.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

Old April 16th, 2009, 01:52 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

AG I saw a really pretty picture frame made by someone out of buttons! God it was cool! Good way to recycle your old buttons~!

Even the pic frames are so cheap at the dollar store you could decorate them any old way! Love your work so far! keep it coming!

Arent you glad you started this thread now?

Cindy
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old April 16th, 2009, 01:58 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston View Post
AG I saw a really pretty picture frame made by someone out of buttons! God it was cool! Good way to recycle your old buttons~!

Even the pic frames are so cheap at the dollar store you could decorate them any old way! Love your work so far! keep it coming!

Arent you glad you started this thread now?

Cindy
OMGosh that's a wonderful idea! I can get some old buttons and just make like a little border with them around pictures or the pages!

Keep the ideas coming people!

I think we should all start posting our projects! We can just do it on this thread. We can get ideas from each other.

Old April 16th, 2009, 02:05 PM
Senior Contributor
Space Invaders Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion

Oh AG what a great job you have done.

I have been procratinating for over a year and still have not started anything. You are giving me a push.

Such great ideas just keep pouring in. I will keep reading this thread as I have already learned quite a lot from you.

Owned by

Bree 12 year old GSD
Keesha 8 year old GSD
Cyrus 7 year old GSD

RIP: All my angels.
Old April 16th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Senior Contributor

A-G,congrats on that beautiful scrap-book,I,like LMPG are doing big stuff most of the time,like painting the house inside or other stuff that needs doing,maybe one day I'll do a scrap-book,love yours
You are really creative
Old April 16th, 2009, 05:29 PM
Senior Contributor

Thanks Chico! I've been thinking all day about all of the things I can look for and use. I have a few old calendars I have saved and I can use some of the pages as scrapbook pages and add to that. I think they are about the same size.

Old April 16th, 2009, 10:46 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
14+, what a fun idea, wish I had thought of that when I started doing my reno's, I'd have volumes of scrapbooks by now

AG, I like your idea of starting a small one for winding down at the end of a busy day of home improvement too, I'm going to Costco tomorrow, perhaps I'll take another look at their scrapbook selection.
Old April 17th, 2009, 08:15 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmypitgirls View Post
14+, what a fun idea, wish I had thought of that when I started doing my reno's, I'd have volumes of scrapbooks by now

AG, I like your idea of starting a small one for winding down at the end of a busy day of home improvement too, I'm going to Costco tomorrow, perhaps I'll take another look at their scrapbook selection.
When I was looking in the craft store I saw they had many smaller ones. At least you can start something there. It's not so big so you wouldn't feel like it's a huge chore to drag stuff out or anything. I'd like to do a small one for each of my little gang members.

Old April 19th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Senior Contributor

I've ordered more pictures but I won't get them until this week. But I had a couple left from my last order that I thought I'd work with.

I made this page yesterday. I really love the patter of this fabric. It's actually a sleeping shirt I had but never wore because it constantly clings! So I thought the fabric might make a nice backdrop.

I thought it came out really nice, but the fabric kept wrinkling and just didn't look right when I put the page in the sleeve. I'll have to cut the fabric out better and use the swatches. I'm thinking I can just use the swatches and either tape or blue them on the page. I can get fabric glue and experiment.

Anyway, I took the pictures off this morning and took the page out. I decided to redo the page and this is what I came up with.

This is Kiska and Vlad. I really love this photo. It's one of my favorites.

This is Maks and Oksana. I don't know how she even allowed him to be so close to her, but it's a sweet little picture.

The background are two goodie bags I had. I'd bought them thinking they were tissue paper then opened the package and realized they were bags. I liked the pattern and so decided to keep them to use for something. I think I like this page better. It looks happier.

Old April 19th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Senior Contributor

Very nice A-G,LOVE the pic of Kiska and Vlad
Old April 19th, 2009, 03:41 PM
Senior Contributor

Chico, I got so lucky when I took that picture. She's only grown a little bit since that picture

Old April 21st, 2009, 12:57 PM
Senior Contributor

just gotta say that I love it!!!

Great job

"No, Bunduk, Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!"
Old April 21st, 2009, 01:01 PM
Senior Contributor

Thanks. It's so much fun doing this.

Old April 21st, 2009, 05:30 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Love that page! Very bright and cheery. Those are a couple of my fav pics of your gang too.
Old April 21st, 2009, 06:00 PM
Senior Contributor

Thanks 14+. It really is so cheery! I got the photo's I ordered from shutterfly. I got them really fast too, so this weekend I'll be doing more stuff!

Old April 26th, 2009, 02:07 PM
Senior Contributor

My friend Lisa got me some lovely background pages for my birthday. Since I had ordered some photos from Shutterfly and got them last week, I decided to work on a few pages this morning.

Two of Czari. One a close up.
The third I wanted to make a page for Oksana's little certificate from when she won that pet of the month on the free pet projects site. The background is from the pages 14+ sent me. It went very nicely with the certificate!
Attached Images

Old April 26th, 2009, 02:10 PM
Senior Contributor

Here are a couple with Maks and Kiska. These are from when they were around 4 or 5 months old.
Attached Images

Old April 26th, 2009, 03:40 PM
Senior Contributor

Those are great A-G,you are very talented,the scrap-book will be great to have
Old April 26th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Senior Contributor

Thanks Chico! I'm really enjoying this little project. I think in the end it will be really lovely.

Old April 26th, 2009, 09:59 PM
Senior Contributor

ag i have to confuses something. i liked your pages you did so much i went out to some of my craft stores and found some scrap books on sale and bought a bunch of other stuff i want to do my own scrap book too. i really had no idea how to do one till i saw your pages. Hope you don't mind

i have to still go to walmart i need some glue and stuff but im so excited my FH is staring at me like i grew a second head.

Cats leave pawprints on our hearts forever

Eclipse July 23th 2004
Serena July 23th 2004
Stormy April 20 2007
Zoey RIP March 2006-April 2 2007
Old April 26th, 2009, 11:11 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

It's coming along wonderfully, AG! How many more pages do you have left to fill the book?

I like the way you've added the names to the pages. Very creative! Especially Maks and Kiska's

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old April 27th, 2009, 07:15 AM
150% PRO S/N

Great job AG! Love the pics and everything!!
Does your scrapbook have the posts you can make bigger? That way you can just add more pages to the book instead of going out and getting more scrapbooks. My daughter got me a wooden one a few years back I used for my greenhouse. It has the steel posts you can add more posts to. It's great if you want to keep the theme the same.
Old April 27th, 2009, 07:35 AM
Senior Contributor

Magicwildwolf69 - I'm glad I was able to inspire you. My pages are pretty simple compared to what I've seen out there, but I'm just learning and really this is the first I've ever done. You should go to some websites and see all the really lovely ideas there are out there!

I'm finding that I'll look at something and wonder how I can incorporate it into my scrapbook

Hazel - Thanks! I was trying to figure out how to save some letters and then realized I could use that last K for Maks. I think I have maybe 8 more pages left in the book. I haven't counted. I should though.

14+ - Thanks! It was your first pages that really got me so interested in this so a huge hug and thank you to you again for sending me that box!

Yes, this one has little posts that you can undo and add more pages. I imagine at some point you'd have to get longer posts though. I'd like to just finish this one and then buy smaller ones, and do an individual scrapbook for each of them.