Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old July 4th, 2011, 08:40 PM

How long do I have to wait to bath after using Revolution?

I just put the Revolution on both of my dogs few days ago, how long should I wait before I give them a bath? I should have done that before but I couldn't find time to bath them properly.

Thanks for your help.
Old September 19th, 2011, 04:13 AM

Thumbs up 2 hours after treatement

yOU CAN WASH YOUR DOG 2 HOURS AFTER TREATEMENT. IT DRIES FAST AND GOES INTO THEIR SKIN. SO ONCE IT IS DRIED U R SAFE TO WASH YOUR PET.
Old September 23rd, 2011, 07:46 AM

I've actually been told the opposite. I try not to bath my girl or let her swim for a while after applying a similar product. Maybe that's the difference, but I usually reapply if she's been in the water a lot and especially if I've given her a bath.
Old September 23rd, 2011, 06:25 PM
Floppy Dog

I've been told 2 - 4 days, and that's what I've been doing. It seems to work since Lady doesn't have fleas and she's in the water almost every day.

I try to greet the world like my pets do...boundless enthusiasm, intense curiosity and no concept of yesterday and tomorrow.
Old September 24th, 2011, 12:02 AM
Unofficial Zookeeper

I've been told dont bathe two days before, or two days after. Because the medicine secreates (comes out) thru the oil glands and coats the body. If you bathe before, you strip the oils needed..and if you bathe right after, same senario. So just give yourself a four day time frame, and you'll be fine . (sometimes JUST to be on the safe side I do three before and three after).

Besides the MOST often you should EVER wash your pet (unless a medical condition causes your vet to say otherwise) is once every two weeks anyways. Least thats what our vet told us. He said any more than ONCE a week is OVER bathing.
I have three dogs that can go three weeks and they are fine. Two of my fur crew HAVE to be bathed once every two weeks on the dot or they REEK (sorry ...rabbit trail).
Old September 24th, 2011, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegaderuby View Post
Besides the MOST often you should EVER wash your pet (unless a medical condition causes your vet to say otherwise) is once every two weeks anyways. Least thats what our vet told us. He said any more than ONCE a week is OVER bathing.
I have three dogs that can go three weeks and they are fine. Two of my fur crew HAVE to be bathed once every two weeks on the dot or they REEK (sorry ...rabbit trail).
I would say bathing any more frequently then once a month is pushing it too. It does depend on the individual dog, some have very dry skin some don't and do fine with more frequent washing. The type of coat and what you do with your dog will have an affect as well on how often they need to be bathed. Regular brushing can keep baths to a minimum. Some times all that is needed is a rinse with just water which is much better then using a shampoo.
My big guy had 2 baths last year, with an occasional hose off and brushings. If I need to freshen him up he gets "polished" with a soft horse brush which gets a lot of the dust and dirt off and gives him a nice shine, then spritzed with some doggy cologne.
Old September 24th, 2011, 11:10 AM

If you read the instruction pamphlet that comes inside the box of Revolution, it does state:
"Bathing or shampooing the animal 2 or more hours after treatment will not reduce the efficacy of Revolution"
Old September 24th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Unofficial Zookeeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choochi View Post
I would say bathing any more frequently then once a month is pushing it too. It does depend on the individual dog, some have very dry skin some don't and do fine with more frequent washing. The type of coat and what you do with your dog will have an affect as well on how often they need to be bathed. Regular brushing can keep baths to a minimum. Some times all that is needed is a rinse with just water which is much better then using a shampoo.
My big guy had 2 baths last year, with an occasional hose off and brushings. If I need to freshen him up he gets "polished" with a soft horse brush which gets a lot of the dust and dirt off and gives him a nice shine, then spritzed with some doggy cologne.

Well the long haired doxies of mine need it every two weeks on the dot, and my short haired doxies need it every three weeks. If not they smell like "wet dog" after being in the dewy grass, or finding a puddle or..rolling in thier wastes or what not. LOL