Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old January 5th, 2008, 05:13 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

I was hoping she was just visiting family or friends for the holiday and she'd be back by now.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old January 5th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Senior Contributor

It's strange, even if she was ticked off for some reason, you'd think that she'd at least lurk around a bit and see this thread.

Meowy Meowers - Angus n' Finn - 5 yrs old
Barky Barker - Skylar - 4 yrs old??
Old January 5th, 2008, 05:40 PM
-

MUMS isn't the type to get ticked off and, if she did, she'd let you know it.
Old January 5th, 2008, 05:42 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
MUMS isn't the type to get ticked off and, if she did, she'd let you know it.
Ditto Rainbow !
Old January 5th, 2008, 10:43 PM
Senior Contributor

It's unsettling when someone disappears off the net. I have a board I am an admin on (non pet related) and we have a member who'd had a run in with her boyfriend not too long ago. She reconciled with him much to our chagrin and she basically disappeared off line a few months ago. One of our members had a home phone number for her and called it. Disconnected. There are 2 other boards she posts on that cross over with some of the members from my board and she's been MIA from them as well! Very uncomfortable feeling when you think about them wondering what is up. Whenever I see this thread I think about her. I think it's great the lengths you guys have gone to in order to find out what's up with MX3.

Dracko (GSD) male - 2000 - 31/02/2011 RIP my boy
Mochie (Balinese X/feline) female - 1994 - 07/01/2010 RIP my sweetie
Ginkgo (Siamese X/feline) female - 6 years
Smitty (long-haired white/feline) male - 5 years
Teiya (Ragdoll x/feline) female - 3 years
Kinsey (Ragdoll x/feline) female - 3 years

DON’T BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER PETS DIE!
Old January 6th, 2008, 03:53 AM

Some times though it can also mean nothing at all. From my personal experience, I've posted to a board - also non-pet related - for many years, but suddenly just lost interest in the board's subject matter, so I stopped going there. I didn't check in until maybe a year later. I have no idea if I was missed or not. No one had any personal info on me. So maybe that is the case with mum too. Maybe she experienced a sudden pet loss and coming here is just too painful - who knows.
That is what happened to one member on another pet board - her pet ran away - so she just stopped posting until her kitty returned. She did come back after a long absence.
Old January 6th, 2008, 04:53 AM
Garden nut

Has anyone tried to track her down through her work?

Even if she didn't want to talk to anyone, at the very least try to talk to a co-worker or her boss and see if she's still alive and well.
Sandy Belle Sheeba - born 11/14/07 at 12:30 pm Linx Jasper
Old January 6th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

I can't see mummummum disappearing because she lost interest, she was so involve and was such a great help to dog owners.

Could we have Toronto police do a check on her, to see if she is OK? They won't be able to give us any info, but we could express our concerns over her disappearance and ask if they would check to see if she is OK.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old January 6th, 2008, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
Could we have Toronto police do a check on her, to see if she is OK? They won't be able to give us any info, but we could express our concerns over her disappearance and ask if they would check to see if she is OK.
I think I read on this thread that some posters live near her and know places she visits. I think that sending them to 'spy' would be a better idea than sending the police. If the 'spy' does just that, and remains unknown to her, she should not get upset.

Or contacting her place of work for a 'welfare' check could also be done. All you would have to ask is if she were 'alright' and state that you were not asking for any more info than that.
Old January 6th, 2008, 12:08 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
Could we have Toronto police do a check on her, to see if she is OK?
That is kind of been done already , can't go into details but we , at least , know she wasn't in an accident and ended up at the hospital or worse. And I and Wdawson left messages on her answering machine. I don't feel comfortable doing more than this , I don't want to invade her privacy either. It is hard , but I feel now , it's just wait and hope for the best.
Old January 6th, 2008, 01:13 PM
Senior Contributor

I know everyone is worried about her

We have had many members not be on here for some time,then bang,they appear.Some just need time to themselves,or family issues or they just need a break.

As for mum.I know a couple on here have left messeges on her machine and she hasn't returned the calls.There must be a reason.But it isn't that she has been in an accident or worse.

As for trying to get a number for her work to check,many companies have a policy to not give out any info to anyone except family.And only her family knows what's going on.You can't just call and say,well she's been on a petsite that I'm on and she hasn't been on and we are worried.Not going to happen.

Also,it's the family or co-workers who put out a missing persons report,not someone on the net.Make sense?

If someone on here knows her well enough,and knows where she lives,then by all means,go see her.
Old January 6th, 2008, 01:54 PM
Remembering Lukka

She hasn't been reported as a missing person. This is a link to OPP missing persons in Ontario. It says there may be cases which do not yet appear on this website, as they are currently under review. But those of us living in Ontario would have heard multiple times on the local news about any missing persons reports in this area.
http://www.opp.ca/Investigative/Miss...List/index.htm

It would appear that the only people that think she's missing is us.
Old January 6th, 2008, 02:00 PM
Senior Contributor

I know she hasn't been reported missing...
Old January 7th, 2008, 01:27 AM

I think it's nice you all care so much about MumX3....makes my heart smile a little....

"To insult someone we call him "bestial." For deliberate cruelty and nature, "human" might be the greater insult."

Isaac Asimov
Old January 13th, 2008, 05:51 AM

anything??
Old January 13th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Swift Tribe

i know someone here knows her full name.... does anyone know if she has family in the area? legally i dont think there is anythign wrong with trying to find her. ethically she was a rather large force here on the BB and quite a few people are worried about her well being and looking for her is what any good friend would do. i cant justify calling her employer because that is a boundry even friends shouldnt cross. drama in the work place is, at times, grounds for firing BUT calling potential family members and asking if they know who she is and then explaining her contributions to this BB, i think anyone would be understanding to genuine concern and compassion. if she is hurt or very sick, i can safely say there are more than a few members here who would be willing to give advice, chip in some money, take her dogs for a walk or whatever. if she is just ticked off.... well thats a weight off of many shoulders. at least she isnt HURT. if someone in her family is sick... the BB is still a very good support group. if she found herself some ultimate hotness and ran off to the tropics for some hot and steamy.... rain forests then we all can cheer her on. either way she is missing, folks are more than a little worried and this is out of character for her. members here have enough information to do some calling around and asking to at least locate her. she has been a member here for quite a while, formed friendships that go beyond the bounds of the internet. if she is hurt and in need of help we have a responsibility to lend a hand as she has lent a hand to so many of us (Mister is still alive cause she talked me out of shipping him off to the gypsies sooooooo many times!!!!). anyways, i thinkn there is more we can do to find her and make sure she doesnt need us in any way. at best we creep her out with our sleuthing skills, at worse she is hurt in some way and needs support.

just my 2 cents....

-ashley

Swift Tribe-
Chris- Husband, 04/30/77
Cailyn- Daughter, 07/05/99
Jeffrey- Son, 03/24/06
Alex- Son, 03/25/09
Mister- Black LabX, M, 08/06(?)
The Shadow Stalker- Gray Tux DSH, M, 04/04
The Mighty Hunter- Black Tux DSH, M, 04/04
Baby Girl- Tabby DMH, F, 12/03(?)
Frances- Tortie, DSH, F, 2007(?)
Old January 13th, 2008, 12:52 PM

Well, I have no idea what is going on but maybe she just doesn't want to post. Something probably happened she doesn't want to talk/post about. A few years back, I stopped going to the local dog park because my dog died. I had been a 'regular' but just couldn't do it, too many memories. I had some good friends there but some of us would rather mourn alone... that is how I am, I can't speak for mumx3. If people have been calling and leaving messages on her home phone, I'm sure she knows we've thought of her. What else can we do? I think she will come back when she is ready. If someone has an address or something a card could be sent, or flowers or something, on behalf of Petsca, and, she can easily see this thread and find us if she wants to go online. Otherwise, I think she should be left alone... just my
Old January 13th, 2008, 01:24 PM
Senior Contributor

I totally agree with Kristen7. I have been around longer than some of the other posters - I just don't post that much - heck I probably wouldn't even sign on if I didn't want to just refer to New Posts - and frankly while I also miss 3Mum's posts as much as everyone does and am also worried about her -she is not the first person who has disappeared from the board - and I am referring to people who posted as often as 3Mum and with very valuable information for pet owners. In most cases the missing posters were never mentioned, in other cases they were a few queries made on the board. I am a poster who lives in Toronto and from the sounds of it I probably live quite close to her - at least I know she walks her dogs in the park behind where I shop - but I think everything has been done to see if she needs help - without creeping her out. I really hope she does come back to the board - and remember, she can look at the board without signing on. I keep hoping that she will see me one day with my guy - she has seen a picture of him.
Old January 13th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Flyball Mom

Most people who leave state that they are leaving, she never said anything, just disappeared. That's why we're so worried.

www.dogster.com/dogs/563959

If you learn one new thing from each person you meet, you will be a fountain of knowledge and your life complete. --Me
Old January 13th, 2008, 01:54 PM
Senior Contributor

Byrd, I do understand your point, but not everyone posts that they are leaving. I have seen posts where people state they are leaving and then many others ask them not to - and also why they are leaving. Some then just decided to leave without saying anything. I frequently PMd her - and actually did so on Nov. 26 over a problem with a friend's dog that 3MUM has a lot of experience with - and was concerned when she did not PM me back - as it was just not like her. A few months ago she disappeared for about a week as well - may have been work related. I could list the names of a few people I am worried about. I sincerely hope she has not suffered a personal tragedy. If she were having trouble and needed help with her dogs she probably would have asked someone for help - I expect through PMs to people she is personally acquainted with - such as the people who had her phone number. If something did happen to her I am certain that her family members would have returned the calls of those who left messages on her home phone.
Old January 13th, 2008, 02:01 PM
Papa D

i think its up to her now,a couple of people have left phone messages and e-mails and nothing
Beathoven 7 year old mutt
Maggie 5 year jack russell
Felix 15 year tabby
Ozzie 12 year tabby
Tigger 10 year long hair cat
marley just a pup
sasha grand pup___________________________________________________________
Lettin the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier than puttin it back in.

Most of the stuff people worry about ain't gonna happen anyway.
Old January 13th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Senior Contributor

I agree WDawson - should she contact one of the people who left messages and needs help - count me in.
Old January 13th, 2008, 02:11 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDancer
from the sounds of it I probably live quite close to her - at least I know she walks her dogs in the park behind where I shop - but I think everything has been done to see if she needs help - without creeping her out. I really hope she does come back to the board - and remember, she can look at the board without signing on. I keep hoping that she will see me one day with my guy - she has seen a picture of him.

Here is what Ceili, Declan and Bridie look like if you're ever out walking where she goes.

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread....+Declan+Bridie
Old January 13th, 2008, 02:15 PM
Senior Contributor

Thanks, rainbow. If we see them we will recognize them for sure - and my Eskie wants to be big and for sure would start barking at them - and since ALL dogs - especially the big ones want to "socialize" my guy's butt - he is a real 22 lb. boy toy - I am sure they would be quick to approach him.
Old January 13th, 2008, 02:28 PM
-

Let us know if you see them .....good luck.
Old January 13th, 2008, 02:32 PM
Half Way To Crazy

IMO

If I lived close to her and knew her address.. I would go ring her door bell and ask if she is alright.. knowing her she probalby would get a good laugh out of the deal....

I don't see any problem with ringing someones door bell if you care about the person to see if everything is ok...... Just my
Old January 13th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Papa D

but we don't know her address
Felix 15 year tabby
Ozzie 12 year tabby
marley just a pup

Old January 13th, 2008, 02:40 PM
Half Way To Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdawson View Post
but we don't know her address
If you have her phone number you can get her address by looking up the reversed look up on the web..
sometimes it does not work but you have to try it first....
Old January 13th, 2008, 02:43 PM
Papa D

Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze View Post
If you have her phone number you can get her address by looking up the reversed look up on the web..
sometimes it does not work but you have to try it first....
tried that.....if its an unlisted # your out of luck:sad:
Felix 15 year tabby
Ozzie 12 year tabby
marley just a pup

Old January 13th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Papa D

i even went on the ths site looking to see if there was any mention of voulenteers on there.
Felix 15 year tabby
Ozzie 12 year tabby
marley just a pup