Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > In the News - Pet related articles and stories in the press > Newspaper Articles of Interest (animal/pet related) from Around the World

Old February 27th, 2011, 06:54 PM
-

They trapped Buddy today and Half Mask is still there, they are hoping to get her sometime tonight, volunteeer/s are still doing shifts......Ironically they trapped Half Mask last weekend but let her go because they had no place to take her to

This photo was taken almost a year ago before someone destroyed some of the houses....they hope that another group can make use of the remaining houses.

Name:  cat city.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  137.0 KB

This is the Scarborough Bluffs.............(I think it is a nice pic)

Name:  bluffs.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  104.6 KB
Old February 27th, 2011, 07:13 PM
Senior Contributor

This is so very sad.. There really are no words are there..
Old February 27th, 2011, 07:17 PM
-

Too bad they couldn't get Half Mask this time so now she is the only one left.

Those kitties had the perfect setup there and obviously so many people enjoyed watching/caring for them. Words cannot describe the evil woman that destroyed all this.

Are all the kitties in foster care now or have some been adopted? I hope they are able to trap Half Mask tonight.
Old February 27th, 2011, 07:21 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
Too bad they couldn't get Half Mask this time so now she is the only one left.

According to their site she saw Buddy get trapped

Are all the kitties in foster care now or have some been adopted? I hope they are able to trap Half Mask tonight.
From what I understand Rainbow most, if not all are in foster care, they have a lot of enquiries from people about fostering/adopting and are now sifting through each one.
Old February 27th, 2011, 10:58 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

In the first pic Chris posted the cat on the right was one that a coyote got.
Bigfoot Your presence will be felt for a long time at the Bluffs.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old February 28th, 2011, 01:57 AM
Senior Contributor

this is so very heartbreaking.

~Tegan 9 year old yellow lab~
~Wilbur 9 year old LH cat~
~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~O'Shawnnessey 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
~Mindy 7 yr old shih tzu~
~Dexter 10yr old Salmon (large goldfish)
Old February 28th, 2011, 08:43 AM
Senior Contributor

Chris,what a great set-up for the cats..
You know,I am not even angry anymore,I just feel very heavy-hearted,sad that this person is now walking around patting herself on the back for"getting rid of"this colony of well cared for cats....hopefully she'll have an encounter with a hungry Coyote.
Old February 28th, 2011, 08:47 AM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
Chris,what a great set-up for the cats..
You know,I am not even angry anymore,I just feel very heavy-hearted,sad that this person is now walking around patting herself on the back for"getting rid of"this colony of well cared for cats....hopefully she'll have an encounter with a hungry Coyote.
unfortunately Chico2 she'll pat herself on the back right up until someones pet is killed by the coyote's and i really don't wish a run in on the coyote's they'll be the ones to suffer for it.
Old February 28th, 2011, 09:18 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
unfortunately Chico2 she'll pat herself on the back right up until someones pet is killed by the coyote's and i really don't wish a run in on the coyote's they'll be the ones to suffer for it.
Oh, she'll just blame it on the people who rescued the cats. If they just left the cats there for coyote food, then the coyotes wouldn't be attacking people's pets . These people do not take responsibility for their actions, they twist facts to suite their needs and justify their actions .

This woman should be charged with something , but there are probably no laws about attracting the dangerous wildlife into human areas . This woman did not think of any consequences, just her selfish goal to get rid of the cats.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old February 28th, 2011, 09:21 AM
owned by Tucker

wonder if that person thought what will the coyotes turn to next now that all the cats are gone. Hope they don't have a small dog that they let off leash Thanks to those that saved all the kitties
Old March 2nd, 2011, 01:11 PM
-

Half Mask is still out there.....sigh

One tough Cookie.

Name:  And then there was 1.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  43.5 KB
Old March 2nd, 2011, 01:32 PM
-

Feb 2 2011 Snowstorm

It was after the snowstorm that the Caretakers of the Bluffs Cats decided the time had come to relocate the Colony to permanent safety....that and the Coyotes made it a no-brainer.

The houses after the storm:

Name:  after the storm.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  100.4 KB

Some of the Cats emerging from the houses......one Cat called Poco was buried in one of the houses for several hours by the time he was dug out.....he is fine and living in a foster home

Name:  after the storm 3 jpg.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  61.1 KB
Old March 2nd, 2011, 01:52 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
In the first pic Chris posted the cat on the right was one that a coyote got.
Bigfoot Your presence will be felt for a long time at the Bluffs.

Bigfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris21711 View Post
It was after the snowstorm that the Caretakers of the Bluffs Cats decided the time had come to relocate the Colony to permanent safety....that and the Coyotes made it a no-brainer.

The houses after the storm:

Attachment 72536

Some of the Cats emerging from the houses......one Cat called Poco was buried in one of the houses for several hours by the time he was dug out.....he is fine and living in a foster home

Attachment 72537

That is sooo sad. Glad to hear Poco wasn't hurt and is safe now.

I hope they are able to trap Half Mask soon.
Old March 2nd, 2011, 02:01 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

I think I have been spending more time on FB lately watching that page for good news about HM than I have been here. She's a wiley little thing. Being recently trapped hasn't helped. Hopefully she will fall for one of the suggestions people have been leaving.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old March 2nd, 2011, 05:03 PM
Senior Contributor

Thank's for the pic Chris,she is such a pretty cat,it's sad to see her alone
14+,you say she was trapped before,I suppose to be spayed
I wonder how all the others are doing,especially Cheshire..and Buddy
no Coyote bothers HM
Old March 2nd, 2011, 05:08 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Thank's for the pic Chris,she is such a pretty cat,it's sad to see her alone
14+,you say she was trapped before,I suppose to be spayed
I wonder how all the others are doing,especially Cheshire..and Buddy
no Coyote bothers HM
She was trapped first to be spayed. Then as recently as last week one of the ladies had her trapped but let her go because she didn't have a place for her to go. The latest news is that she went into a trap this afternoon. She sprung the trap but realized what was happening and spun around and got out before the door could close. I don't think they are going to be able to get her by trapping her. I really feel a net is needed now. I hate to think of her being down there by herself. The coyotes are still coming around.
Evil, evil woman! I hope you are satisfied now.

Old March 2nd, 2011, 05:13 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Evil, evil woman! I hope you are satisfied now.
I bet she is, 14+, she accomplished what she set out to do. The woman is heartless and cruel.

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old March 2nd, 2011, 05:22 PM
Senior Contributor

Aww that's to bad she had nowhere to go,so this would be the third time to trap her,I bet she knows by now and won't go in again,a net would be great,hopefully they can get one from somewhere.

I am soo darn dense,I have not learned my way around on FB yet
Old March 2nd, 2011, 05:29 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
I bet she is, 14+, she accomplished what she set out to do. The woman is heartless and cruel.
She did. She got rid of the cats. Earlier on FB they had mentioned that the cats houses had been destroyed last year. Any bets it was the same woman?

Quote:
Aww that's to bad she had nowhere to go,so this would be the third time to trap her,I bet she knows by now and won't go in again,a net would be great,hopefully they can get one from somewhere.

I'm not on FB much. Actually I've been on quite a bit lately but I don't even go to my page. I just check out the Bluffs one. There's a lot of people praying for that little girl. I hope she cooperates soon.

Old March 2nd, 2011, 11:39 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:

chico...I don't understand FB so I deleted mine.

I hope they catch poor HM. She must be so scared all by herself.

~Tegan 9 year old yellow lab~
~Wilbur 9 year old LH cat~
~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~O'Shawnnessey 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
~Mindy 7 yr old shih tzu~
~Dexter 10yr old Salmon (large goldfish)
Old March 3rd, 2011, 09:10 AM
Senior Contributor

All I have to say is that her time will come where she will have to answer. Heartless and cruel people do not get away with things..at some point they pay the piper.
Sit back and rest assured that things in life have a way of balancing out the justices and the injustices.
You cannot get away in life with self serving acts, her day will come.
Old March 3rd, 2011, 09:37 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMax View Post
All I have to say is that her time will come where she will have to answer. Heartless and cruel people do not get away with things..at some point they pay the piper.
Sit back and rest assured that things in life have a way of balancing out the justices and the injustices.
You cannot get away in life with self serving acts, her day will come.
You are so right, many times by being rejected and lonely in their senior years because their family has rejected them, either because they turned out to be the same cold hearted person, or by hurt feelings she created in her family.

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

Old March 3rd, 2011, 09:44 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
You are so right, many times by being rejected and lonely in their senior years because their family has rejected them, either because they turned out to be the same cold hearted person, or by hurt feelings she created in her family.
Sad but true. I do not wish ill on anyone but I do believe that at some point you must pay your dues. This will not go unpunished nor obviously un noticed. When she hits that hard patch in her life, she will reflect and understand why she is going through hardship. I feel sorry for her as she will have to deal with something unknown in her future.

I say tough luck lady.
Old March 29th, 2011, 12:27 PM
150% PRO S/N

Just an update of sorts - some (s) has decided the cats mostly being gone isn't enough. They have now destroyed the shelters the cats used for years. They aren't sure if it's the same or not that did it. What is it about cats that people just can't let them live in peace?
Once pics are posted on FB I will "borrow" some with R's blessing. The more exposure these idiots get the better.

Last edited by 14+kitties; March 29th, 2011 at 12:55 PM.
Old March 29th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Just an update of sorts - some (s) has decided the cats mostly being gone isn't enough. They have now destroyed the shelters they cats used for years. They aren't sure if it's the same or not that did it. What is it about cats that people just can't let them live in peace?
Once pics are posted on FB I will "borrow" some with R's blessing. The more exposure these idiots get the better.
Miserable people...I dont get it either....cats are not evil or uncaring...but to some???

Is Halfmask still on the loose?

Yes, I believe in the Rainbow Bridge
Old March 29th, 2011, 12:42 PM
~Cat Servent~

are you kidding? what is wrong with those ?

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old March 29th, 2011, 12:57 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by quincymycat View Post
Miserable people...I dont get it either....cats are not evil or uncaring...but to some???

Is Halfmask still on the loose?
Yes, she is. And now she has a partner in crime. There's a little boy that belongs to one of the owners at the marina who has been joining her for sunning and play. They won't be able to trap him. He isn't "theirs". But they've tried just about everything to trap that wily little HM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krdahmer View Post
Human stupidity?

Old March 29th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Yes, she is. And now she has a partner in crime. There's a little boy that belongs to one of the owners at the marina who has been joining her for sunning and play. They won't be able to trap him. He isn't "theirs". But they've tried just about everything to trap that wily little HM.
I know....I kind of giggled when I saw the elaborate netting trap they laid for her....she's a smarty, no doubt!

Yes, I believe in the Rainbow Bridge
Old March 29th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by krdahmer View Post
Humans are just pieces of Merda. (not all of course). You wonder how they treat their fellow man.
Old March 29th, 2011, 01:56 PM
150% PRO S/N

That is only one picture. How freakin' stupid!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...274323&theater