Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old November 9th, 2009, 07:22 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

No sign yet. But you can look at that as a good thing. He isn't on the road. I have the trap set and food in a few different places. I figure hunger has to bring him out of hiding soon. I don't think he's gone too far. The fields are too heavy with tall weeds to see anything but my gut says he couldn't have gone too far. They usually don't. He probably ran for a bit last night and then found a spot to hunker down. Lord knows there's enough areas around for that. The trap has nice smelly tuna in it. He may go back in because he knows he got out of it yesterday so it may not scare him off.
I did notice when I got home from work that all of the food in the greenhouse had been eaten. That is a little unusual for as early in the day as it was.
I am praying with everything I can pray with that he comes around soon.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old November 9th, 2009, 07:25 PM
Senior Contributor

I hope he decides to take a chance and goes in the trap again!

Tux! come on boy!
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old November 9th, 2009, 09:05 PM

Just checking in on our Tux. Hugs.....saying prayers.

Ryan
Old November 9th, 2009, 09:55 PM
Senior Contributor

14+ I'm hoping that it is Tux that is eating the food in the greenhouse!! Come on Tux find the food!

~Tegan 9 year old yellow lab~
~Wilbur 9 year old LH cat~
~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~O'Shawnnessey 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
~Mindy 7 yr old shih tzu~
~Dexter 10yr old Salmon (large goldfish)
Old November 9th, 2009, 11:20 PM
-

C'mon Tux ..... go in the trap before the snow comes.
Old November 9th, 2009, 11:45 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

He's still hanging out there, I know it. that he's the one that partook of the greenhouse food. C'mon, Tux! Paradise awaits if you just put a paw forward to take it!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old November 10th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Senior Contributor

I am sorry girls,but I am a mess,can't eat(maybe lose a few lb,s),can't sleep,all I see when I close my eyes is his crooked little face..

He was a stray,but for at least 3 month's he had me to rely on for 2 big meals every day,gained weight and looked 100% better,yes the street might have ended up killing him,but to be honest,I'd rather have buried him than not knowing where he is and what dangers he's facing.
If it was possible,I'd look for him 24hours/day,but he probably would not come to me.

But it's too late for regrets,I am still holding on to the glimmer of hope he'll find his way to 14+ and food.
We had very good intentions,he would have been warm and well fed this winter at 14+,I know she would have loved him as much as I did.
However,fate had other plans for him,I don't know why,he certainly deserved a little happiness and comfort.

I know everyone here involved in rescue,deal with sadness all the time and probably think I am a real wuss and this is exactly why I could never do what all you heroes do.
14+thank yousorry for all this:sad:
Old November 10th, 2009, 09:37 AM
Senior Contributor

Chico, don't lose hope. He's likely hanging around over at 14+'s place. He's a tough cookie and a survivor. I know it's just a matter of time before he shows himself.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

Old November 10th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Mickey, my angel

Chico, you are definitely not a wuss, and I understand how you feel because I would be feeling exactly the same way. Tux has touched many of us through your writings about him and the pictures. Tux is strong and smart. Let's hold on to that hope. Its not over yet. Hang in there. We are here for you and we understand. Sending more for Tux.
"Let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." -Jack Layton
"Be the change you want to see in the world" -Gandhi

Kitties: Punky (17), and Sassy (13), Twinky (10),

SweetMickey 1991 to May 24, 2009
Old November 10th, 2009, 09:44 AM
ZiggyZuzuZoeyRaggzy&Keena

Aw Chico, I am sure he is hanging out at 14+'s getting a feel for things. He could not have ventured too far from the sounds of it. He might even be the one eating the food already.

Please, don't you get sick now...you have your own lot to take care of too

I am confident this will have a happy ending soon

Ginger and Hobo at the Bridge (Valentine's Day 2011) but NEVER forgotten <3...

"‎I have sent you on a journey to a land free from pain, not because
I did not love you, but because I loved you too much to force
you to stay" ♥ ♥

We do not have to wait for Heaven, to be surrounded by hope, love, and joyfulness.
It is here on earth and has four legs!
Old November 10th, 2009, 09:49 AM
Senior Contributor

Chico2 - you must remain strong and optimistic. We are not going to let you go down emotionally. This is NOT anyone's fault.

Someone posted that the smells of the other cats and the food will entice him to stick around. This makes a heck of alot of sense to me.

Hang in there Chico2 and 14+K. Keep the faith ladies.....
Old November 10th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Awwwww, chico, don't loose hope. Tux is a survivor and I really don't think he has gone too far. He just needs to collect his thoughts and will be out exploring and looking for food. Their sense of smell is so much better than ours and I really, really think he will stick around 14+'s place. He is not a true feral and 14+ is the kitty whisperer so even if she can't get him to go into a trap, I bet she could entice him into a large cage.

Right now I have a stray kitty that I am trying to catch and he goes to those houses that currently have cats, so strays do stick around where there are cat smells.

I know you think what you did was not for the best of Tux, but I think it was. Remember Misty, the stray that I was feeding shortly after I got Jasper (was my first post on the forum). Well, she got hit by a car on the Parkway and I found her, just hours after I last fed her . It was horrible when I found her, I screamed and ran into traffic with horns blowing at me. I would much rather know that Misty was being fed in safety than her crossing a busy street everyday.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old November 10th, 2009, 10:53 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

It is so hard for me to think of anything to say. I feel so much guilt over Tux. I know in my heart he won't go too far. There is food here. It is a big calling card. Especially for a cat used to eating on a regular basis. The trap had been sprung last night. I don't know if it was Tux or not but I truly hope it was. There was signs that the food was trying to be grabbed from the end that does not open. All of the food in the greenhouse was eaten again. Normally the boys don't clean the dishes as well as they were last night. The food I left in the crate was also gone. And I could tell there was something rummaging in the recyling box. I will make sure there is extra food out tomorrow.
Tomorrow I may have another calling card if Tux is indeed intact. I am taking a kitten in to get fixed for a coworker's mom. She is a stray that has been left to fend for herself around 4 or 5 months old. If she can be caught I will pick her up tomorrow and keep her in another crate in the small greenhouse. If she is here and goes into heat it may be enough to call him out. She will be here for about a month or so because I want to take Calysta and Kearn in at the same time. Lots of time for her hormones to click in.
I am so sorry chico that I let you down. If I could have that time back I would. Maybe I could change things. I don't know. I am just so so sorry.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old November 10th, 2009, 11:13 AM
Senior Contributor

14+K - you did not let anyone down.

It pains me so that both you and Chico2 are carrying a very heavy burdeon. You both have done so very much - why are you both so hard on yourselves?

My dear friends - you both are such incredibly wonderful and loving people. You need not feel guilty. Things have a way of working out.
Old November 10th, 2009, 11:29 AM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

14+ would it be possible to call around to some rescues or something and see if anyone has a kitty already in heat, see if they'll let you take her bedding to use as bait.. she would be spotting and the scent would be really strong on anything she has been laying or sitting on.

Chico2 like i already said, i have no doubt Tux is hanging around and 14+ will work her magic. You did a good thing for him..He may even climb into the catuary on his own.
Old November 10th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Hindsight is always 20/20 vision, 14+ . There was no way for you to know that he could escape from the trap. I would never, in a million years, have thought so.

Tux was FAR from safe at Chico's place, a busy road is a killing field for cats who try to cross them. Both of you did the absolutely best thing for him, so don't feel guilty for one moment .

A female in heat can also bring out males who are altered too. Look at my Not a Stud Anymore Man, Jasper, so hopefully this intact kitty you are taking in will make him more brave and come out of hiding during the day .

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old November 10th, 2009, 11:35 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
14+ would it be possible to call around to some rescues or something and see if anyone has a kitty already in heat, see if they'll let you take her bedding to use as bait.. she would be spotting and the scent would be really strong on anything she has been laying or sitting on.

Chico2 like i already said, i have no doubt Tux is hanging around and 14+ will work her magic. You did a good thing for him..He may even climb into the catuary on his own.
I was thinking the same thing, aslan. Cats, for the most part are very social and like to be around other cats.

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

Old November 10th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Senior Contributor

Oh,no 14+,I would never,ever blame you,you are the"bestest",I have never met anyone as dedicated to kitties like you.
I am ing you are right,that he's around your place
But in my heart,I think he's looking for the only home he's known and he won't find it.

Here at my house,Tux would clean a dish better than the dishwasher,never leave a smidgen behind.
I would give him a can of Friskis plus dry food twice daily and he would still go in to his"house"where I left a couple of treatshe has a very healthy appetite.
I am getting about 30cans of Sheeba from my sons landlord on thu or fri,my cats won't eat it,but the cattery might like it???
I was also thinking of bringing Tux's"house",it would be something he knows and I have no use for it any more...I also have some carpeting(not used)you might be able to use..and please,please you are not the cause of my tears,not your fault....I am a real cry-baby,always have been:sad:
Old November 10th, 2009, 11:44 AM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

Chico2 he is in a huuuuuge new backyard with far less cars and a whoooole whack of mouses to hunt and a bunch of kitty friends just waiting to be friends. As you've said he is a smart kitty, he'll come around. This is one time i will say that cats are much smarter than our puppers. I was thinking he might recognize the kitty house too..
Old November 10th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Senior Contributor

Oh I forgot,thank you everyone,I know you all care...I wish Tux would know he's almost as famous as Garfield
Old November 10th, 2009, 12:41 PM
-

14+ and chico, you both need to stop being so harsh on yourselves. Things happen that we have no control over sometimes and I also am in the group that believes Tux is hanging close by.

The little kitty that is close to coming into heat is a good idea as is bringing Tux's "house" over to 14+'s. Maybe even an unwashed tshirt of your as well, Chico.

I'm sure this will all have a happy ending and Tux will be living in paradise at 14+'s soon.
Old November 10th, 2009, 12:46 PM
Senior Contributor

Chico and 14+, you guys are not allowed to beat yourselves up for this.

Tux is a very street-wise kitty. He got out and it's not your fault.

I think he's way better off where he is now, because at least he won't get hit by a car crossing the street, and there is plenty of food and other cats where he is. He's sure to come out of hiding soon.

Old November 10th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Senior Contributor

Thank you again everyone,I think I feel a little better,if I knew he was still in 14+area,I would not worry at all,I know he could not be in a better place.

When I talked to a lady in the town-houses,trying to find out if he had a home,she said he is a mean cat and people throw things at him:sad:they also trap cats and who knows what they do with them.
So if Tux really is at 14+place,he is safer for sure...judging by his face,he's been in many fights,so hopefully he will not upset 14+kitties.
I never saw any signs of aggression in him,but he only saw Rocky in the open window.
Rocky still eats his dinner in the window,waiting for Tux to come around.
Old November 10th, 2009, 05:10 PM
150% PRO S/N

Trap is set with nice fresh tuna. Lots of food out otherwise. I don't know if he will go back in the trap so soon but we'll see. If he's hungry enough he will.
Good news is I drove all around today. No sign anywhere of him. I think that's good anyway. I would think he is pretty close to the back of the greenhouses. This is one time I wish hubby would have looked after the weeds back there better. But I'm sure he will smell the food.
aslan - your idea of a kitty in heat already or whatever they were lying on is a good one. Unfortunately I am not up to going looking right now. Also, female cats in heat don't technically bleed.
So another day...........

Old November 10th, 2009, 05:14 PM
-

really,,,puppers kinda do. i can see what i can find from my end,, not doing whole heck of alot anyway..just wondering have you switched the trap you're using. was thinking maybe something was malfunctioning with the one that he could open it.
Old November 10th, 2009, 05:27 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
When I talked to a lady in the town-houses,trying to find out if he had a home,she said he is a mean cat and people throw things at him
Oh Chico, that's what I had hoped wasn't happening. That poor sweet boy. :sad: He may even have gotten something thrown at his face and that's why it's like that.

As my days on this earth pass, I realize more and more that humans (not all, but most) are terrible terrible creatures.

Old November 10th, 2009, 06:23 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
I am sorry girls,but I am a mess,can't eat(maybe lose a few lb,s),can't sleep,all I see when I close my eyes is his crooked little face..

He was a stray,but for at least 3 month's he had me to rely on for 2 big meals every day,gained weight and looked 100% better,yes the street might have ended up killing him,but to be honest,I'd rather have buried him than not knowing where he is and what dangers he's facing.
If it was possible,I'd look for him 24hours/day,but he probably would not come to me.

But it's too late for regrets,I am still holding on to the glimmer of hope he'll find his way to 14+ and food.
We had very good intentions,he would have been warm and well fed this winter at 14+,I know she would have loved him as much as I did.
However,fate had other plans for him,I don't know why,he certainly deserved a little happiness and comfort.

I know everyone here involved in rescue,deal with sadness all the time and probably think I am a real wuss and this is exactly why I could never do what all you heroes do.
14+thank yousorry for all this:sad:

Chico I completely understand why your feeling the way u do. I couldn't do what 14+ does either. I just couldn't handle the sadness, it would literally break my heart and my soul. and I would just keep thinking about it all the time.

I'm still praying for Tux, that he is eating the food and will hang around 14+ and know that it is safe there.

Debbie

~Tegan 9 year old yellow lab~
~Wilbur 9 year old LH cat~
~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~O'Shawnnessey 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
~Mindy 7 yr old shih tzu~
~Dexter 10yr old Salmon (large goldfish)
Old November 10th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Chico & 14+ please dont beat yourselves up...things happen and I truly believe they happen for a reason.

Those of us that have been out to 14+ to see her and the kitties know well enough there is a ton of temptation for a street kitty like Tux to stick around. Lots of areas to hide in! lots of kitties to tempt him! lots of good food that he doesnt have to worry is going away. Chico you know food motivated Tux and I feel that will keep him close! he is obviously a very smart cat that knows how to deal with life! all you have to do is look at his cute little crooked mouth to know he is a tough guy!

We all need to stay positive and keep our spirits up!!

Hugs my friends!!
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old November 10th, 2009, 07:35 PM
Slave to the Kitties

that Tux is found safe and sound
Old November 10th, 2009, 08:12 PM
~Cat Servent~

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M