Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old May 25th, 2010, 04:12 PM
Senior Contributor

LP,I am so sorry all this is happening to you and your pups,I know how much you love them all.
I was dealing with misdirected aggression,in my cat Rocky,I ended up in the ER at least 4 times.
After he was diagnosed with Hyper-T and on meds,it never happened again,maybe there is something wrong with Penny,that the vets have not discovered
Old May 25th, 2010, 09:06 PM
Doggie Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaser View Post
I hope you'll be able to find a home where you can still visit - you clearly care for her a lot.
Oh we do! We don't love her any less than the others...having to choose kills us, especially since she's the sweetest, friendliest, easiest of them all...doesn't seem fair that she's the one who's not here eh ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
LP,I am so sorry all this is happening to you and your pups,I know how much you love them all.
I was dealing with misdirected aggression,in my cat Rocky,I ended up in the ER at least 4 times.
After he was diagnosed with Hyper-T and on meds,it never happened again,maybe there is something wrong with Penny,that the vets have not discovered
We're still suspecting something may be wrong somewhere, Chico. I spoke with her vet this morning and she said that we did every blood test we could. We're going to give her some more time to adjust and if nothing improves and/or she gets worse, then the next step will be an MRI.

We spent the afternoon with Ava again today...my older son took the day off work so he could come with me. Despite the heat, she led the way for the multiple walks she took us on. She got plenty of massages and lovings during our rest periods . I hope she was pretty tired by the time we left and that she sleeps well tonight .

When I arrived home, dh was upset with me because he had been trying to call my cell phone all day (I forgot it at work). He said he wanted me to bring Ava home.......because he and Sandman are taking her on a road trip to New Brunswick.....where her new family is eagerly waiting for her. He was speaking with his best friend earlier and explained what was happening here and Uncle Red said, "is she the leaner? we'd love to have her."

So Ava will be with folks very dear to us. They're a wonderful, dog savvy family and she'll be spoiled senseless. Dh and Sandman will be spending a few days there with her to help her adjust. I'm so happy yet so sad . I'm going to miss our girl.
Old May 25th, 2010, 09:10 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

oh LP that is excellent news,,is Red the gentleman i met when i was there, he was such a nice guy. I am just so happy for my buddy finding a good home.
Old May 25th, 2010, 09:12 PM
Doggie Wench

That's him, Aslan. His wife and children are as awesome as he is . And they come to visit us just about every year so we'll still get to see Ava .
Old May 25th, 2010, 09:14 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

that is the best thing next to you being able to keep her. Our neighbour was interested but has 3 cats and i kept forgetting to ask you about it. This is great,,be better if it was me getting her tho.
Old May 25th, 2010, 09:21 PM
You can call me DOG!

LP, sounds like wonderful news! Even though Ava will be many miles away, it sounds like your friends have a good sense of her.

It's great to hear that she will be going to a family that you know and will give her just as much love as you and your family have given her.

to Ava and 's to you and your family.

Rest in Peace Bailey: 12/10/95-1/9/09 (Golden Retriever)
Rest in Peace Kitty: 7/1/2000 - 10/7/2013
Rest in Peace Gryphon (sounds like Griffin): 10/15/2004 - 11/18/2017 (English Springer Spaniel)
Bella: 3/09/2005 LHD Cat adopted by/from Child
Mollie: 6/2/2009 (English Setter)
Old May 25th, 2010, 09:35 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

That's such a great solution!! Yay for Ava!!!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old May 26th, 2010, 07:39 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckypenny View Post

When I arrived home, dh was upset with me because he had been trying to call my cell phone all day (I forgot it at work). He said he wanted me to bring Ava home.......because he and Sandman are taking her on a road trip to New Brunswick.....where her new family is eagerly waiting for her. He was speaking with his best friend earlier and explained what was happening here and Uncle Red said, "is she the leaner? we'd love to have her."

So Ava will be with folks very dear to us. They're a wonderful, dog savvy family and she'll be spoiled senseless. Dh and Sandman will be spending a few days there with her to help her adjust. I'm so happy yet so sad . I'm going to miss our girl.
LP, I think you made the best decision under the circumstances. Look how fast you were able to find Ava a home, and that's because she's the sweet girl she is. It would be harder finding the right home for Penny.

I'm so glad your friend is going to be able to take her. She will still be part of your life!
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old May 26th, 2010, 07:58 AM
Senior Contributor

LP - I am so very happy for both you and Ava.

Best to you and save trip to all.
Old May 26th, 2010, 08:07 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

to you LP for what you are doing for these two. I know your heart is breaking but ideally, I can't think of anything better for Ava.
Hopefully a MRI will give you some answers. May not be ones you want but at least your mind could be at rest.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old May 26th, 2010, 01:16 PM
-

woohoo for LP and Ava ! What a lucky girl to move to NB and you'll get plenty of updates on her
Old May 26th, 2010, 01:23 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

I am so happy you have found a great home for Ava, LP What a load off your mind that must be.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old May 26th, 2010, 02:58 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh LP, that's such good news! You'll still get to see her, and be able to get updates and all. You know the family she's going to. It just doesn't get much better than that. I am thrilled for Ava to go to a home where someone knows her and loves her already. You are the best LP for doing all this for the dogs.
Old May 26th, 2010, 04:20 PM
Senior Contributor

Lp,I know your heart is breaking,but I also know,you'd want whats best for Ava and this seems like a wonderful solution for her+you will get regular updates,it's not like a stranger adopted hr.
I am not aware of,or maybe just missed a thread where Penny was a problem before this incident with Ava,I that whatever is causing this with Penny,will have a solution and a cure
Old May 28th, 2010, 11:42 AM
Doggie Wench

Chico, Penny's always been pretty reactive...aggressive with strangers and other dogs if not greeted properly. She's come such a long way in the past couple of years, especially since we've moved to a much quieter area. We're pretty much starting from scratch again but, we hoping she'll come around much faster this time .

Ava left this morning with dh and Sandman. Sandman being extremely fortunate that his teachers and vice-principal were so understanding and let him out of 3 tests (which he'll write as soon as he returns) so that he can accompany his dad and Ava . He was beside himself with joy.

Ava is doing really well. I met dh after he picked her up and took her for a last walk with me and some cuddles. She looked so relaxed and happy. They should arrive at her new home by late this evening.
Old May 28th, 2010, 11:45 AM
ZiggyZuzuZoeyRaggzy&Keena

Oh LP, you and your family are true angels I remember when you agreed to "foster" Ava...that poor dog had no where else to go. And now you have this beautiful new home for her. She is so lucky that the she found you.

I can't imagine your heartache over all of this...truly a selfless act of love.

Looking forward to seeing pics of Ava in her new home

Ginger and Hobo at the Bridge (Valentine's Day 2011) but NEVER forgotten <3...

"‎I have sent you on a journey to a land free from pain, not because
I did not love you, but because I loved you too much to force
you to stay" ♥ ♥

We do not have to wait for Heaven, to be surrounded by hope, love, and joyfulness.
It is here on earth and has four legs!
Old May 28th, 2010, 11:52 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by diandpat View Post
Looking forward to seeing pics of Ava in her new home
Me too !
Old May 28th, 2010, 11:53 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

I'm glad you got some farewell time with Ava, LP She's going to have an awesome life with her new family!!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old May 28th, 2010, 12:50 PM
Live well, laugh often

Good luck to Ava at her new home .

Hugs to you LP, I am sure you are gonna miss her .
Old May 28th, 2010, 08:33 PM
Senior Contributor

LP, I'm so glad things worked out for Ava, but sorry for you cause I know your going to miss her even though u know it's the best thing for her. So here is a hug for you.

And hubs got to NB already? I didn't know it was so close to Quebec.

~Tegan 9 year old yellow lab~
~Wilbur 9 year old LH cat~
~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~O'Shawnnessey 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
~Mindy 7 yr old shih tzu~
~Dexter 10yr old Salmon (large goldfish)
Old May 28th, 2010, 08:45 PM
Doggie Wench

It took about 9.5 hours...he just arrived 30 minutes ago. So far everything is going good. She scoffed down her supper and she's now sniffing around the house, looking for used kleenex no doubt . Dh says she's making herself right at home. She also has a new big brother she's getting acquainted with too. Yes, I miss her terribly but, dh, Sandman, and Ava's new family are making it easier for me.
Old May 28th, 2010, 09:59 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Oh, that's great news, LP! Sending for an easy and happy transition for Ava!!

Old May 28th, 2010, 10:28 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

I don't know whether to cry with joy or with sorrow. You are an amazing young lady LP!!!

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old May 29th, 2010, 07:41 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

I am so happy, LP , I am sure Ava will be just ecstatic with her new family
They are going to send you pics that you can share with us, aren't they?

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old May 29th, 2010, 08:52 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckypenny View Post
Dh says she's making herself right at home.
That's a great update LP !!
Old May 29th, 2010, 12:07 PM
Senior Contributor

I'm so glad she's got a playmate in her new home.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old May 30th, 2010, 01:42 AM

Great news for Ava for her in her new home

Is there an animal homeopath or homeopath vet you can take Penny to or contact via phone in your area? or you could look into some of the Ont ones on Dr Pitcairn's referral list (list may not be 100% up to date). There may be some other imbalance that a full homeopath work up may find a more comprehensive remedy for Penny.

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old May 30th, 2010, 07:26 PM

I'm really happy for you LP.
Old May 30th, 2010, 09:36 PM
You can call me DOG!

Fantastic update LP.

Hope DH & Sandman bring back some pictures for us and Sandman aces his 3 tests when he gets back!

Rest in Peace Bailey: 12/10/95-1/9/09 (Golden Retriever)
Rest in Peace Kitty: 7/1/2000 - 10/7/2013
Rest in Peace Gryphon (sounds like Griffin): 10/15/2004 - 11/18/2017 (English Springer Spaniel)
Bella: 3/09/2005 LHD Cat adopted by/from Child
Mollie: 6/2/2009 (English Setter)
Old May 30th, 2010, 10:02 PM
Senior Contributor

i'm so glad ava found a home lp to you i know it was so hard! hope penny keeps calming down for you.

Cats leave pawprints on our hearts forever

Eclipse July 23th 2004
Serena July 23th 2004
Stormy April 20 2007
Zoey RIP March 2006-April 2 2007