Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > In the News - Pet related articles and stories in the press > Newspaper Articles of Interest (animal/pet related) from Around the World

Old August 31st, 2004, 03:12 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh I forgot to add this. You will get your dogs and you will be a wonderful mommie you already were once. Good luck to you. Are you looking at moving anytime soon so that you can get an dog or are you at a stand still for a little while. Oh, by the way, how are your fish. What kind are they and what are their names.

Proud mommy to...
Meat Loaf (Brittany Spaniel) 13 months
CryBaby (5 years old)living with grandpa now
Chino (Doberman mix) 7 months old
2 new kittens (8 weeks old) Felix and Gizmo
Old September 6th, 2004, 03:30 AM

Re: pet's names

I named my cat Soot because when she was born my mom said that she looked like she had been dropped into a soot bucket, and the name stuck. She's a little over nine years old.

My puppy's name is Duchess, because when my parents were picking her out (she was a surprise for me ) out of the two English Setters they had to look at she walked right up to my mom, got up on her hind legs and started licking my mom's face and the name popped into her head. As the picture I'm attaching displays, she lives up to her name. And she'll be two next month .
Attached Images

Old September 6th, 2004, 04:28 PM
Sammi

We picked human names for our gang. We didn't want children, so we named them names that we'd pick for children. (except Sheba and Miss Gray, they came into the household already named).

Abbigail, Chloe, Blake, lily, Wesley and Sammy.

So when we actually found ourselves to be expecting a human child, naming him was hard, as we'd used up all our favourites! (we thought may Rover, Rex..........just kidding). We had one left though........Connor
Old September 7th, 2004, 12:12 PM

Smile Hmm, Rover, not a bad name at all!LOL

Hi, Mine are named Camille, after a sweet 19 year old girl at work. She was 19 with a drug addict mother who threw her and her 14 year old brother out on the streets. Camille came to work with us on board passenger trains in canad. HARD WORK and she was so tine, maybe 5 foot and 98 pounds! She put her little brother through school and made him do his homework! cooked cleaned and acted too grown up for her age. she is a chihuahua mixed with lhasa apso.

Baby, well his name is really Sydney, but at the time he was the baby so it stuck as Baby. Purebred toy poodle-4 pounds

Sweety, well, she is a sweety from the day i saw her. chihuahua mix, but I don't know with what type of dog. but now my kids call ber Burrito, chiquitto, taquitto, babbitto, and she responds to them all, I guess cause they rhyme!

And our newest little boy, he's just 6 months, he is a chi mix as well, His name was Chacha when he lived with his previous owner. We now call him Mr.Chachers, we added the mister since he was getting into everything, just like a toddler! He's adorable!

Have you seen the movie "OLD SCHOOL" well there was a character named Blue Polasky, and elderly man (about 70) that got into a sorority at a college.
So my son decided to name his bird (budgie) blue polasky, and then his girlfriend bought him another, and well, now they are married and called Mr. and Mrs, Polasky.

I have 4 kids Valerie19, Sonia17, Mitch16, and Wynter-rain9.

they all have stories for their names too

I loved Valerie Bertinelli

sonia is a little girl I used to help when I was in grade six and she was in kindergarted.

Mitch, well, I was trying to find a name but wasn't satisfied until one day, I was picking up my hubby's underwear off the floor, and the tag said By Mitch. How dreadful, named after dirty underwear!

Wynter-rain, I heard the name on kathy and regis, and I thought about it, then my sister called me and told me she hear a really original name for my baby on the bus while going to work I'll be darned if it wasn't Wynter-rain, that was a sign. She named her daughter Auntumn-myst, and a friend named her little girl Summer-brooke. Trust me not everyone like the name, the government even called me and asked if the name was correct and if I still wanted to go ahead with it. We call her Winnie for short.
Rover doesn't sound bad at all,lol.
Hugs
Laurie
Old September 15th, 2004, 11:28 PM

Smile

I usually give cats silly names because they are so silly.
I named my current cat Goodlog because I got him from someone who was abusive to him and I wanted to give him a name that was a positive affirmation that he is 'good' and whenever I talk to him it reminds me that he's a good 'log.' The log part was something my sister and I called cats when we were growing up because they sometimes look like a log with fur and it's a characterization that I find funny.
He's really come a long way. He used to hide a lot and be afraid of people especially feet and people taking off their shoes. Now he is extremely social and will rub against anyone's legs and is even starting to let me rub his belly.
Old September 16th, 2004, 08:36 AM
Senior Contributor

I have one fish,cant think of what kind,it is the one where you go to petsmart and they have lots of them,but you cant keep two together or they will fight til death,lonf flowing tail,his name is Gil....I have ABOUT 8 months left on my lease then iam gonna try to get a duplex so i can get a gsd.Damien is gret put new pics of him up here,he is very happy.