Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old August 20th, 2007, 12:39 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
Amazing Grace
How sweet the hound
Who came to Hazel Run....

She once was lost,
But now she's found.
Tomorrow, she'll have fun

hazel's been singin' it all day. (It's raining heavily or Grace would've had more fun today!)

I love the lyrics.

Gracie has found her forever home.
Old August 20th, 2007, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummummum View Post
................start taking odds on whether you're going to last as a "foster" parent.
OMG I was thinkin' the same thing Mx3!!!!
I say by end of Monday Hazel Run Mum & Dad have decided to keep her

Gracie you sure are a cutie be sure to make fast bonded friends of all the pack members so they can never let you go

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old August 20th, 2007, 08:32 AM

Great lyrics!!! Let's have more please!! But maybe Grace needs to be at Hazelrun LONGER for these to develop.....

"Through many dangers, toils, and snares,....."

Waiting eagerly for pics!!! Lap pics, zoomie pics, smooching pics, .....
Old August 20th, 2007, 08:47 AM

Here's my try:
Through many rains,......
Old August 20th, 2007, 08:53 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalker View Post
Here's my try:
Through many rains,......
You got that right! We had over 6.5 inches (over 17 cm) before the rain guage overflowed this weekend with more to come today. No flooding here but further south it's pretty grim. How about in MO, dogwalker? Are you getting any of this?

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old August 20th, 2007, 08:58 AM

It's been very hot and dry, so the little rain we got yesterday was great! It was enough to wet things down some, and the air is cooler now.
Old August 20th, 2007, 09:10 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

We needed it badly, too--and the first 2.5 inches came down as a steady, slow, beneficial rain, so that's good! Last night it was so heavy, though, that the dogs wouldn't even go out under an umbrella! (So Grace rechristened the floor...luckily, her preferred indoor peeing surface is linoleum )

I don't think Grace is any bigger than Winston at this point, dogwalker! She's just a wee little girl! Very cute.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old August 20th, 2007, 04:42 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Your first peek....Amazing Grace video

Likely, when I get more video and some stills for her very own introductory thread, I'll post this again there. But I just wanted to give you a little taste of Grace. She truly is amazing.

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=995554

The big brute is the other newbie, Esquire Brier. They seem to remember each other--they play a lot. And lately, Grace has taken to wrapping her arms around grumpy King Ember's neck and head wrasslin' with him He's actually been pretty tolerant of it...

Not sure if they'll all still be so tolerant once they figure out she's not really a puppy anymore.

Old August 20th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Papa D

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummummum View Post
I think we better set DubyaD up as our in-house bookie to start taking odds on whether you're going to last as a "foster" parent.

i was offering 20-1 odds that hazel will will be a succesfull foster....had to back out of that offer,seems everyone wanted that action...they have no faith in you hazel

great video she looks so settled in her AHEM home
Beathoven 7 year old mutt
Maggie 5 year jack russell
Felix 15 year tabby
Ozzie 12 year tabby
Tigger 10 year long hair cat
marley just a pup
sasha grand pup___________________________________________________________
Lettin the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier than puttin it back in.

Most of the stuff people worry about ain't gonna happen anyway.
Old August 20th, 2007, 08:40 PM
-

Quote:
Not sure if they'll all still be so tolerant once they figure out she's ......
.....staying forever ?
Old August 20th, 2007, 09:04 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Actually, we've decided to give it a week and if the little waif still is tickling our heart strings as strongly , we'll probably just adopt her outright...

No moral fortitude. :sad:

So I guess hazel won't be fostering in the future...(we'll be full up )

Course, there's always the chance that she'll be a little all week and we'll be happy to find her a home away...ya think? not likely, hazel

Old August 20th, 2007, 09:08 PM
Half Way To Crazy

Quote:

Course, there's always the chance that she'll be a little all week and we'll be happy to find her a home away...ya think? not likely, hazel
actually they are all little but we love them anyway I never could understand how people can foster then give them to a forever home.. for me it would be much to hard
Old August 20th, 2007, 09:10 PM
-

Quote:
Course, there's always the chance that she'll be a little all week and we'll be happy to find her a home away...
Oh yes , right right , I can see that happening
Old August 20th, 2007, 09:14 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
Oh yes , right right , I can see that happening
yeah...that's what I was afraid of...

Old August 20th, 2007, 09:18 PM
Half Way To Crazy

I think it was your intention all along and you where never going to give her up... it was all a fasade
Old August 20th, 2007, 09:18 PM
-

Quote:
yeah...that's what I was afraid of...
Don't put too much pressure on yourself. You are fostering her right now , you can change your mind whenever, maybe you'll find that 8 is too many ? And that would be ok too you know.
Old August 20th, 2007, 09:22 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
Don't put too much pressure on yourself. You are fostering her right now , you can change your mind whenever, maybe you'll find that 8 is too many ? And that would be ok too you know.
Thanks, Frenchy. You're right. And a week should be long enough to tell... Eight is a lot...at least, the living room is looking really crowded right now! But how delicious!

Old August 20th, 2007, 09:27 PM
-

Share the wealth Hazel
Old August 20th, 2007, 09:37 PM

Gracie looks great. WOW she looks so tiny next to Brier!

Old August 20th, 2007, 09:40 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by growler View Post
Gracie looks great. WOW she looks so tiny next to Brier!
She is tiny! She's only half the size of Cole! She really does look like a puppy!

Old August 20th, 2007, 10:33 PM
Young at Heart

I somehow missed this thread - can't imagine how because I just knew that the 7-pack must become and 8-pack She is a sweetie! Hope her forever home has been found..
Old August 21st, 2007, 09:52 AM

Grace is a lively one! The switch-a-roo happened so fast with the toys I had to play it back to catch it! She looks like she is enjoying life to the fullest. Such a joy to see that.

About fostering, maybe you could PRETEND you are fostering a little longer, even if 8 is not too many. That would give you an idea of what it feels like to foster, though I admit I have never fostered so I have no idea whether this is good advice or not. Another thing to consider is whether you are fostering Brier or Grace? These are both new dogs for the pack. You may find that one fits in better than the other one? Both dogs are beautiful! You certainly haven't made this first foster easy on yourself, but don't worry. Just go with the flow for awhile....

Oh, I want to see that lap setter shot!!!
Old August 21st, 2007, 11:24 AM
Senior Contributor

Hazel congratulations on the new foster/addition. Gracie is a lovely girl and looks to fit right in. I must have missed how she and Brier knew each other?
Old August 21st, 2007, 09:21 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

I think that's the problem, dogwalker--we're 'pretending to foster'

In my efforts to tucker Grace out today, I tuckered hazel out, too!

Dog Dancer--the same breeder friend who rescued Brier also reclaimed Grace--they were at her house at the same time.

Old August 22nd, 2007, 08:55 AM
The Pack's Head Servant

Shy and retiring, she ain't!

From this morning. They really do seem to remember each other.

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=1004299

Old August 22nd, 2007, 09:08 AM
Half Way To Crazy

Thats how Bree is when someone come into our house
never though a deog can jump that high with all 4 legs up in the air

hazel she does have an abundance of energy is she like that ALL day
Old August 22nd, 2007, 02:59 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze View Post
hazel she does have an abundance of energy is she like that ALL day
Not ALL day...

But at least today she sort of knew the schedule, so she was active when the rest of the Pack was active and is now sleeping peacefully with them.

Old August 22nd, 2007, 03:07 PM

Good for Gracie she has a remembered doggie friend to ease the transistion to "at ease dog" comfortable in all situtations, with other dogs & people too.

How is she doing around Ember & Cole now?? still a bit shy or has she gotten over it yet??

Is your couch big enough for an 8 dog sleeping pile? I love your pics of multiple snoozing setters on the couch

Old August 22nd, 2007, 03:15 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Right now they're spread out over the opened up futon couch, the love seat, a kuranda bed and two Orvis nests.

Yesterday, Grace kept coming up to Ember, standing up on her hind legs, wrapping her arms around his neck, and head-wrestling with him. She must not be too impressed with His Royal Majesty. He actually took it quite well, though he had a rather bemused expression on his face for most of it!

Old August 22nd, 2007, 03:21 PM

Ahhhhh sleeping setter heaven

Gracie seems to be fitting in quite well, now she needs a Title, what's after Lady in Waiting? Hand Maiden