Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old May 26th, 2008, 12:47 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Oh Katherine93 aren't some people sooooo mean in this world! Good thing there are some like you and your mom and the person who stopped to rescue this poor dog.

Most of us who have worked with local shelters have seen so much worse, I think it is important for us to see the results of what some do, makes it more real and gets some of us to do more.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old May 26th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Swift Tribe

no, all im saying is that you didnt think about responding back about her picture any harder than she though about posting it. peace eh?

-ash

Swift Tribe-
Chris- Husband, 04/30/77
Cailyn- Daughter, 07/05/99
Jeffrey- Son, 03/24/06
Alex- Son, 03/25/09
Mister- Black LabX, M, 08/06(?)
The Shadow Stalker- Gray Tux DSH, M, 04/04
The Mighty Hunter- Black Tux DSH, M, 04/04
Baby Girl- Tabby DMH, F, 12/03(?)
Frances- Tortie, DSH, F, 2007(?)
Old May 26th, 2008, 12:51 PM

Quote:
all im saying is that you didnt think about responding back about her picture any harder than she though about posting it
Sorry, but I have no idea what this means.
Old May 26th, 2008, 12:53 PM
Swift Tribe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingo View Post
So now I'm being rude? The more this goes on the more incredulous I'm becoming.

Look, all I'm saying is that if people feel it's really necessary to post graphic images -- and I'm not convinced it is, myself -- then a warning would be appreciated.
no but she isnt an adult yet. she is touched and inspired about this mammoth deed her mother performed for nothing more than 'just a dog'. i doubt at all that she saw a beaten and battered dog but instead a poor creature that was in need and had beautiful eyes... but also was a physical manifestation of the sheer coolness of her mother too.

most of us adults remember to post a graphic warning (anyone remember Hunters face last year?!?!) when pictures like that are included... but you know, im twice her age.

-ash

Swift Tribe-
Chris- Husband, 04/30/77
Cailyn- Daughter, 07/05/99
Jeffrey- Son, 03/24/06
Alex- Son, 03/25/09
Mister- Black LabX, M, 08/06(?)
The Shadow Stalker- Gray Tux DSH, M, 04/04
The Mighty Hunter- Black Tux DSH, M, 04/04
Baby Girl- Tabby DMH, F, 12/03(?)
Frances- Tortie, DSH, F, 2007(?)
Old May 26th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Senior Contributor

Dingo,I understand what you are saying,but I knew reading Katherines post,that the pic would show the wounded pup.
Seeing an animal suffer,usually will destroy my mood for days,but in this case,looking at Jazz,knowing he is beeing lovingly cared for,makes all the difference.
for Jazz
Old May 26th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

just think, we only had to look at the picture, they had to pick this poor dog off the road, and help it....they LIVE it! Besides they are looking for his owner so posting pics would be the best thing to do for that.

What is man without beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected.

~~Chief Seattle (Duwamish tribe)~~
Old May 26th, 2008, 05:14 PM
banned user

Im sorry for causing an argument :sad: But i tried to put a warning and i dont know how to do it.

A little update for the ones that actual care able the poor creature and not the picture that is posted (sorry if i sounded snobish or rude) - He is extremely underweight for a dog of his breed , but i would like you to know that he has a very healthy apetite and is getting along greatly with matrix and the rest of the gang. Matrix is very protective over him, he lays nest to his kennel all day and growls at the other animals to give them a warning to "stay away" . It heartwarming to watch, but at the same time i hope he doesnt get to over protective and bite one of them! (I doubt he would , but still its worrying me)

Can anybody tell me how to fix the title of the thread?
Old May 26th, 2008, 05:18 PM
ZiggyZuzuZoeyRaggzy&Keena

So glad to hear everything seems to be going well in your little "menagerie" Katherine93.

About the title, I suppose if you messaged Marko he could do something. If not, don't fret too much. The poster made their point, you issued an apology and their was no malice involved.

Don't know how this thread got so far off track. I only want to know about the poor abandoned pooch!
Old May 26th, 2008, 05:25 PM
Senior Contributor

No need for further apologies, you didn't do it on purpose.

It's nice matrix has taken a liking to Jazz. He must sense Jazz is not able to protect himself and decided he better do it for him. It's very sweet. It sounds like Jazz is going to be okay huh? Maybe you will have another furry family member.

And congratulations again on the good news!
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old May 26th, 2008, 05:30 PM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

I'm sorry for going I really do care about this sweet pup and would love to hear updates.

What is man without beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected.

Old May 26th, 2008, 05:34 PM
banned user

Oh it is no problem at all happycats , i was mostly referring to Dingo. Thank you all for defending me. I do feel bad about it though.

HC- I know you care about the well being of the poor pooch , no need for apologies
Old May 26th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Administrator - Pet lover

It's no problem - we all make mistakes or forget the sensitivities of others.

I've added a warning to this thread title and for future reference all it takes is PM or email to me and it's more than my pleasure to edit a thread title.
In fact a quick post in this thread that a PM was sent to a mod/admin would have been fine. All good though - let's move on please.

Thanks for being an Katherine93
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter
Old May 26th, 2008, 06:03 PM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

I do hope you end up keeping this poor guy, because your family sounds like the perfect home for him!! If not, I'm sure you will find him a great home!
I guess right now you just have to work on getting him all better!

Old May 26th, 2008, 06:11 PM
banned user

I forgot to mention ,We may have found his old owners, but by the sound of it, hes better off here. They are the type of people that shouldnt really have a pet. One of their neighbors reported them to a animal shelter a few months back but nothing was done about it. They let him roam free and didnt give him shelter or anything. And according to the neighbors , the only food they saw him getting was from them and other concerned neighbors. We are going to call them tomorrow if they can release their phone number. I hope i can keep him though. i doubt the authorities will let them take him back , all i need to do is show them the picture of the dog and anybody with a heart wouldnt let him go back there ( because hes super skinny). But we will know for sure if these are the people tomorrow Some people just P*** me off! GRRR

Last edited by katherine93; May 26th, 2008 at 06:13 PM.
Old May 26th, 2008, 06:19 PM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

If they are the people and they do want him back I would give them the BIG huge vet bill!! I'm sure that will change their mnd real quick!
If they don't care about animals, they would never pay the vet bill.

Old May 26th, 2008, 06:25 PM
banned user

Yea i know, Mom figures they will just tell us to keep him anyways, or even deny ownership even if he is theirs! Ugh sickens me! Its funny how some of the sweetest animals in the world go to such Jerks I mean, WHY do people get an animal if they have absolutely no intensions of caring for it? Do they think they are doing the animal a favour by giving it a "home"? He's Such a well behaved dog for someone who has had absolutely no trainining.. i dont think hes housetrained or anything (wont know for sure until he can get up and walk around), But he sure do love being in a nice safe, warm crate!
Old May 26th, 2008, 06:32 PM

If you find the owners are you going to report them?
Old May 26th, 2008, 06:35 PM
Senior Contributor

I'd make sure that vet bill was REALLY high.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

Old May 26th, 2008, 06:45 PM
banned user

Dingo- It depends on if the owners truley care about him and werent letting him run free. If the people we are goiing to cal tomorrow are the owners we WILL without a doubt be reporting them. Im accually more concerned about finding the Jerk that hit him and kicked him to one side. Because if we do not find his owners, i have gained a new life long friend! (sorry if that sounded selfish)

ancientgirl- Oh trust me, it will be REALLY high! we had to buy a new crate for him and everything. Our dogs are territorial over their crates and that wouldnt fly with the other dogs. And the ones at the clinic are built into the walls. Therfore , thats more money coming out of our pockets! Not that we mind really, Just an excuse to raise the price higher!
Old May 26th, 2008, 07:22 PM
-

Do you really know for sure that he was hit by a car? Did someone actually see it? If the jerks you mentioned are the real owners then who knows what they were capable of doing to him before he was found? :sad:
Old May 26th, 2008, 07:26 PM
banned user

The people who brought him in accually seen him get hit, they watched as the man got out of his truck and kicked him to one side. The man sped off while they approached. They dont know the make or the year of the truck though:sad: if they did it would be easier to find the B-A badword that did it..
Old May 26th, 2008, 07:41 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancientgirl View Post
I'd make sure that vet bill was REALLY high.
I second that. A skinny stray dog ... never sounds good to me ! I'm glad he's eating well , that shows he's feeling good and will get better with the good care he's getting

good job katherine93 and mom ! can't wait to see pictures of him all healed up
Old May 26th, 2008, 08:58 PM
Senior Contributor

Nice work katherine. Sounds like he's healing well and getting all that extra love is probably making him heal faster.

P.S. That pic isn't really that graphic. He's still cute despite the cuts and scrapes.

Meowy Meowers - Angus n' Finn - 5 yrs old
Barky Barker - Skylar - 4 yrs old??
Old May 26th, 2008, 11:47 PM
Jag and Gingers dad

The pic is heartbreaking.but what pic with an abused animal isn't and it's not that graphic.thank you to your mom and you for helping this poor guy and caring.and you's find out who did this nasty deed to him.it's good that he is a fighter and recover quickly
Old May 27th, 2008, 06:52 AM
Senior Contributor

Katherine,that you might have found the "owners",worries me a little
The way the law is regarding pets and pets as property,not living beeings..
But I somehow doubt these people would fight for this poor pup

Even if you did find the person who hit him and pushed him to the side,nothing will happen to him.
He can just say,he thought the dog was dead
We can only hope,that somehow,one day it will be pay-back time for people who don't care.

Hopefully Jazz will recover quicklyto mom and you!
I don't suppose there is any news of Casey??
Old May 27th, 2008, 07:57 AM

katherine93...I'm glad everything is going ok with Jazz. I hope you are able to keep him so that he can get spoiled...he deserves it.
Chico2...Casey is back home http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=52408&page=3 so it's all good news.
Old May 27th, 2008, 09:55 AM
Senior Contributor

SIL,I just saw that thank's....your avatar with Billy gets me all teary,I wish Billy would come home too
Old May 27th, 2008, 05:02 PM
banned user

So, Mom called the people we thought were his People, And turns out they were (WERE being the key word ) his owners.They Inherited him 6 months back when the mans dad died suddenly of a massive heart attack.(He was 3 months when they got him, so that means , despite the little bit of grey on his chin, that hes only 9-10 months old or so they say, Aparrently he is pure bred, which i beleive 100 % So if he is as old as they said he was, he will probably grow some more! (Even though hes pretty big already, except for the fact hes under weight). Anyway, they told us that they didnt want him and they only kept him for so long because he was Something to remember his dad by Anyway, hes safe now! And as far as i know, mom is going to let me keep him!!! If anybody would like me to clarify anything about the post just ask, because i was in a rush to typpe it so i may have left something out!

I hope KARMA comes back and bites those people on the ASS!
Old May 27th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Senior Contributor

Yay! I'm so glad you are keeping him. He's going to be a happy boy.

It amazes me just how stupid people are. Why do they keep getting pets for wrong and stupid reasons?

Old May 27th, 2008, 11:17 PM

another happy ending.. so glad this beautiful boy will have a loving home with people like you the grey on his muzzle doesnt surprise me a vet once told me stress of their living conditions can do that as well... one of the reasons they thought the dog i now have and rescued was older.. but he is fact a few years younger is what most vets have said