Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Closed Thread

Old May 24th, 2005, 07:13 PM
Senior Contributor

Jen, please post your first and last post on the pit-bull forum that I sent you the link to. These people are serious about fighting BSL. I am sure you can get plenty of letters from those folks.
Old May 24th, 2005, 08:01 PM
Senior Contributor

I have posted a link into the DLCC forum and hopefully one of them will show up soon.

Jen: Did you own Lily before the ban went into effect?
Old May 24th, 2005, 10:28 PM

Jen,

Keep fighting. You're in the right! We are all behind you. What you are doing can potentially save many dogs, not just Lily. Maybe the movement can be called, "Lily's Law" ... it has a ring to it.

I'm moving to Ontario soon and am beginning to wonder if it's as great a province as I thought. Hmmm.

Lisa.
Old May 25th, 2005, 08:37 AM

UPDATE FOR TODAY:

First, yes I'll get those posts going in the other forums today as well and thank-you to everyone who has emailed the KWHS so far.

We were just officially served with the notice to destroy her or have her moved out the city today.

However, we received WONDERFUL news today that Advocates for the Underdog said "we will do whatever we can to help you in this situation". We've also received the same message from reporters and politicians. The AFTU is having a phone meeting with us tonight. It really is HE/SHE who BARKS the loudest and I appeal to anyone in the same situation to get out there and get your voice heard.

After really reading over the Provincial and Municipal by-laws, and I mean for hours studying and comparing both laws, we found a small but possible loophole in the point of law between the Ontario Law and the Kitchener by-law. The Ontario pitbull by-law states that whichever by-law is more restrictive - between the province and a municipality, in that area the point of law in that by-law shall supersede the other. Meaning which ever law is tougher, that's the law that holds. So, while the KW by-law is more restrictive in a complete ban on dogs determined to be pitbulls, the Ontario by-law is more restrictive in saying a certified vet must determine the classification instead of the KW by-law which is simply poundkeeper, therefore, making the Ontario by-law supersede the KW by-law.

After doing a bit more research, we found that none of the appeals so far in Kitchener even bothered to argue that point or bothered to argue the point of the training of the poundkeeper. Instead the argument was, whether or not the dog is a pitbull. Because the KW Law is so very vage in that area, you're bound to lose if the whole argument is based on that point.

The big picture beyond that - that the press likes - is if Kitchener can pass a by-law that supersedes that of an Ontario Law, 1) What is the point of voting in Ontario Elections, and 2) Are the powers of an individual city becoming so absolute that Ontario laws no longer matter within a city or town? Basically it's not the Premier who's Big Brother, it's your local Mayor. And when that much power is in the hands of one small council who are fed campaign donations by the likes of the Humane Society and others you're living in a dictatorship, not a democracy. The Provincial Government of Ontario has been shifting the power of law down to municipalities since the late 80s because they don't want to be seen as the bad guys. However, the shifting of power is costing innocent lives.

I just want to clarify something else, even if we lose, we will not let anyone destroy our 1 year old Lily. She didn't ask to be part of this, and she did nothing to bring this on her innocent little self. We honestly don't care what fines we have to face for not handing her over, and we're ready to send her into the "doggie underground" to protect her, until we can move out of this city if we lose.

Again, thank-you so much for your help and pointing me in the right direction... I'll continue posting updates as we know more.

Jennifer
Old May 25th, 2005, 08:48 AM
Senior Contributor

Good luck, Jennifer! You have lots of allies here! Two things. Is there anything that allows them to enter your home or property to take her? And I would contact CityTV, Alex Pierson specifically. I think if this hits City, it will bring even more support on board.
Old May 25th, 2005, 09:07 AM
Adopt a senior dog!!

I just wanted to say good luck, Jen!!!!!! I will be emailing your humane society! You are doing an great job
BoxerRescueQuebec.com
Old May 25th, 2005, 09:12 AM

This is word for word the notice handed to us today. I'm doing this so you know what the City of Kitchener and the Kitchener-Waterloo Humane Society is willing to put you through and how the City of Kitchener, Ontario and the Kitchener-Waterloo Humane society expect you to find a lawyer, get witness affidavits, detailed papers from your vet, figure out how to write an appeal and have your appeal in within 5 days. You'll also notice that they don't mention anywhere in the letter that if you file an appeal the appeal can let you keep your dog for another 30 to 60 days until the hearing. So you can imagine the number of people in the Kitchener-Waterloo area who have no clue about law, or what to do, feeling absolutely defeated and forced to just hand their dog over to be destroyed. What's going on here isn't law, it's a crime and it includes very poor grammar which can't even get the spelling of our dog's name right.

Here's the notice:

From: Kitchener-Waterloo Humane Society , 250 Riverbend Drive, Kitchener, On, N2B 2E9, Phone: (519) 745-5615 Fax: (519) 745-3224

NOTICE OF PROHIBITED DOG DESIGNATION

May 24, 2005

TO: Ms. Mitchell

Your dog, described as a dark brown with white markings Boxer/Labrador mixed breed dog named "Lilly", has been identified as a Pit Bull dog by the Kitchener-Waterloo and North Waterloo Humane Society. The Poundkeeper therefore has reason to believe the dog is a prohibited dog and the dog is hereby designated as a Prohibited Dog. As the owner of this dog, you are required to deliver the prohibited dog within six (6) working days to the Humane Soceity at 250 Riverbend Drive, Kitchener or provide proof satisfactory to the Poundkeeper that the dog has been removed from the City. Please be advised that if delivered to the Humane Society your dog will be euthanized and disposed of in a humane manner.

As the owner of said dog you must ensure the dog is muzzled at all times when it is off your property until this notice becomes a Confirmed Designation and thereafter shall comply with the requirements of Confirmed Designation. This notice will become a Confirmed Designation upon expiry of the time for requesting a hearing if a hearing has not been requested and that if a hearing is requested this notice will become a Confirmed Designation upon the day that Council affirms or ratifies, rescinds, varies or substitutes any decision of the Dog Designation Appeal Committee.

You are entitled to and may request, within five (5) working days of receiving this notice an appeal hearing by the Dog Designation Appeal Committee, whcih may affirm or rescind the Humane Society's deisgnation of your dog or substitute its own designation or its own requirements of the owner of a prohibited dog. Please be advised that any decision of the Dog Designation Appeal Commitee may be substituted, varied, affirmed or rescinded by Council. Such request must be made in writing to:

City Clerk's Department
The Corporation of the City of Kitchener
City Hall, PO Box 1118
200 King Street West
Kitchener, Ontario, N2G 4G7

---------------------
As a side note: Here's the information from the lovely white linen 3 colour business card (nice for people who are supposed to be putting the money toward animals) the woman who sentenced our dog to death or exhile has given:

Sheri Walker
By-Law Officer
Kitchener-Waterloo and North Waterloo Humane Society

Last edited by JenSteele; May 25th, 2005 at 09:18 AM.
Old May 25th, 2005, 09:19 AM
Senior Contributor

OH I am so sorry to hear this. Hang in there and keep fighting this. We are all on your side. I would love to see a picture of your baby!

Proud mommy to...
Meat Loaf (Brittany Spaniel) 13 months
CryBaby (5 years old)living with grandpa now
Chino (Doberman mix) 7 months old
2 new kittens (8 weeks old) Felix and Gizmo
Old May 25th, 2005, 09:24 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenSteele

Your dog, described as a dark brown with white markings Boxer/Labrador mixed breed dog named "Lilly", has been identified as a Pit Bull dog by the Kitchener-Waterloo and North Waterloo Humane Society.
So, what they are saying is that a Boxer/Lab cross is a pit bull...does not compute
Old May 25th, 2005, 09:35 AM

Just following up on a few questions. Again, Lily is a year old. I'll get pictures posted in here soon.

The Kitchener By-Law actually gives the "poundkeeper" the authority in retrieving the dog in that they may enter and take the dog. However, it doesn't say anything about the poundkeeper having the authority to stop about 50 to 100 people from covering our front lawn so the poundkeeper can't get near the house or what happens if we chain ourselves to the dog. Sounds rediculous but again, we're planning to be as public about this as we can to show everyone dog owners period will do anything for their family.

We've contacted Alex's office and we're waiting to hear back from her. GREAT LEAD! Talk about a woman who's single handedly trying to change the laws with powerhouse of influence.
Old May 25th, 2005, 09:51 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:

We've contacted Alex's office and we're waiting to hear back from her. GREAT LEAD! Talk about a woman who's single handedly trying to change the laws with powerhouse of influence.
If you do hear from her, could you do me a favour and let her know that Daisy says thanks!
Old May 25th, 2005, 09:53 AM
And Zoodle's Mom!

Quote:
We were just officially served with the notice to destroy her or have her moved out the city today.
You have got to be kidding! Jen, I can't believe what you are going through right now! This is absolutely insane. First off, is there anything you can get your neighbour in ***** for?? Anything to make his life a living hell? Do unto neighbours as neighbours do to you!

Your story really opens my eyes to this Pit Bull ban even more. Most of us Pit Bull owners thought this ban will only affect us and make our lives hell, but now I see it's not only affecting us, it's affecting other innocent people who's dog may look like a Pit but isn't a Pit.

Let's all raise some !
Old May 25th, 2005, 10:08 AM

I thought you'd like to know a bit more about the law in Canada. Here's a Federal Point of law, offered to us by the Dog Legislation Council of Canada (the CKC is the Canadian Kennel Club):

"Technically, under the Animal Pedigree Act of Canada, the CKC or registering body for that breed, are the only ones that can legally identify a breed."

Interesting that the province leaves it to a vet and the city leaves it to a poundkeeper when the federal law says neither of them have the legal authority other than the CKC.
Old May 25th, 2005, 10:16 AM
Senior member - formerly Lezzerpezzer

Lily and Jen, our heros

Just a quick question.

I noticed that you would like us to address any emails to the KWHS with "Saving Lily The Lab-Cross Pitbull on Birch Street", but you state that numerous professionals have decided unanimously that she is indeed NOT a pit bull cross. Just wondering if "pitbull" should be used here while addressing KWHS, as this just might further their case. Perhaps we should address our letters as such: "Save Lily, The Lab-Cross on Birch Street" , to prevent any unnecessary confusion? It seems to me that if you put "pitbull" in the heading, you are agreeing with them.
Old May 25th, 2005, 10:26 AM

This is horrific!! I can't believe the amount of biased, unfounded, and RIDICULOUS judgements going around from the KWHS as to what Lily is! It is so great that you are going about this fight so level headed and calm. You are a much stronger person than I am! I would have seriously raised some hell and broken a few skulls had this have been my dog. Kudos to you for doing everything in your power to save Lily, and the calmer you stay, the more scared they become I'm sure! The fact that you have done your homework and research, are going to the media, and are bombarding them with e-mails and phone calls from concerned people, is truly amazing. I too wonder how in this day and age of acceptance and tolerance, there can be such massive amounts amounts of clear and poignant discrimination towards dogs and the humans that love and protect them! Do you think if I e-mailed the KWHS it would help? I'm in another province so I don't know if they would even care about my opinion. If you think it could help, I can get the word out to friends and bombard them with e-mails from Alberta. Let them know this isn't being tolerated ANYWHERE amongst dog lovers. Let me know, and I'll get right on it.
Old May 25th, 2005, 10:33 AM

Hi all,

I lead the committee against BSL for the Rottweiler Club of Canda (RCCBSL). I'm very sorry to have heard this and would also like to offer our support.

You're on the right track with emails - but you'll need to step it up. Phone calls and written letters. Emails are easy to filter and ignore - phone calls and letters are not.

Written letters should also say who else you have carbon copied them to (CC) on the bottom, such as Politicians and Media Personalities. They LOVE to see their names together.

I'd like to commend you Jennifer, for finding the 'more severe' clause in the legislation. The requirement of a veterinarian identifying the dog should override the poundkeeper and their uneducated opinions.

The only thing that I see is that the legislation doesn't come into effect until August 29th for Ontario. So until then - KW's bylaws stand. However, questioning their training / qualifications and how they warrant a higher opinion than veterinarians is beyond me. Also - according to federal law and the Livestock Act only the CKC can identify breeds in Canada (a reason for challenging the Ontario Bill 132). Maybe you can call the CKC to see if you can get someone to identify your dog for you as well.

I wish you all the best - please consider another group of people in your corner.
Old May 25th, 2005, 10:42 AM
Senior member - formerly Lezzerpezzer

Lily and Jen

Oh my goodness! I was so focussed on my email address question that I forgot to praise you for taking the bull by the horns and trying with all your might to protect your beloved pet! My heartfelt sympathy goes out to you and your family and I wish you all the best in this terrible time. Know that MANY many people out here support you 110% and are very proud of what you are doing! Keep it up! You are a beacon for many to follow, as, unfortunately, more cases like this will no doubt have to be dealt with, and YOU are lighting the pathway. Good luck, we are with you
Old May 25th, 2005, 11:18 AM

YES PLEASE - no matter where you're from CALL and EMAIL and WRITE the KWHS and Kitchener City Hall. AND YES, thank-you for the suggestion it's probably a bad idea to include "pitbull". The purpose is to make them feel the impending storm and if you could include at least your first name and where you're writing from, it gives them a darn good idea that Lily is being fought for by more than just two people and two adoring cats. When you put enough pressure on people they make mistakes and say public things that they shouldn't. The more pressure put on them the more we're hoping when it goes public they'll look and feel like idiots.

Here's something interesting for you that just happened. The KWHS told us that a member of the CKC sits on the Appeal Board. We called the CKC and they said "We do not assess any dog other than qualified breeds and therefore cannot determine if a dog is a pitbull". That sounds ominous but, the Pitbull is not a recognized breed in Canada and therefore, there is NO qualified person or body in Ontario who can say our dog or any dog for that matter in Ontario is a Pitbull despite the KWHS saying they are qualified. The CKC has nicely given us a letter that says just that .. that begs the question.. If the only legal authority that may determine breeds says "Pitbull is not a breed in Canada" then how can the pitbull "be" in Canada? and how can any dog in Canada be a pitbull?

We're arranging for an independent breeder who was recommended by the CKC and is also a show judge for Staffordshire Terriers, and what the CKC considers the only person in Ontario who can properly idenify breeds associated with Staffordshire Terriers to have an independent assessment of Lily done prior to submitting our appeal. What we're going for here is having yet another official and well respected official say that it can not be determined that Lily is a pitbull.

As for my calmness in all of this.. the beauty of writing.. Trust me, we're working our way through these issues, having good cry sessions in between then playing with Lily until her never-ending waggy tail has us laughing so hard we have the strength to keep pushing.
Old May 25th, 2005, 11:46 AM
Senior Contributor

Okay, I live in Vancouver, but have spent a lot of time in KW and really feel for you (and all the other affected owners) Jen. I will be sending an e-mail per your request to the KWHS on this issue. I understand you not wanting to pull the trump card by going to the Mayor, but wouldn't that give you even more amunition in the fight if they turned the issue over for you - would it not set an example that there is some flexibility? I have a question relating to this breed by-law issue though. My boss recently adopted an American Bull Dog from the SPCA out here. She's so sweet. I know the difference basically between this breed and a pitt, although everyone who see's her says "oh you got a pitt". With these By-laws, does the American Bull Dog fall under those types of legislations? Just curious. So far it's not a huge issue here, although there's always talk about it. Another oddity with his adopting this dog, one SPCA would not adopt him a lab X they had because he has an eleven year old son and they didn't think the child could handle the lab. Then a different SPCA adopts him this American Bull Dog who is solid muscle and just over a year old. Go figure huh! People assume the SPCA is the end all and really they are not always...
Old May 25th, 2005, 12:31 PM

What I can determine is that boxer should have be licensed as the breed specified by the SPCA. Also, and this may scare a few people in Ontario, the KW by-law, when it went into effect revoked all licenses for all dogs that were registered truthfully as pitbulls. If you've done this and you live in Ontario, find a way to get your dog registered as another breed, you can take the dog to another city where a family or friend live and have them register the dog there, then transfer the license back to where you live, or if it happens in your city they come after you first.

Anyone out there who has a dog who even remotely looks like pitbull, don't hesitate. If you can get that dog identified and licensed as any other breed do it now. At the very least you'll buy yourself some time before they come looking for you.

It's a sad day when the law makes you lie and makes you purposely do illegal things in order to save lives. This isn't the Canada , the Ontario, or the Kitchener I remember as a kid.

After speaking with legal and several organizations, yes, if we pull the "our company is leaving if our dog leaves" this horrible nightmare might just stop and everyone can go back to their normal lives. But I'll tell you, it won't stop for the people who can't do that. I can't help but to think of an 80 year old widow who picks up a lovely little dog for a companion and then one day receives one of those notices. She's not on-line, she has a restricted income, her friends are passed or in another city, she doesn't have the luxery of knowing where to look for the law or how to understand it, .. her only action would be to give up her companion and watch another loved one die. It's for her, that whatever Sam and I do for Lily has to be for everyone who has a Lily out there. And consider the bigger picture - Obviously if the KWHS are not doing anything about any of the other dog laws in town other than enforcing the bitpull by-law, there's an agenda.

The woman who served us with the notice this morning said, when we questioned her about why NONE of the other by-laws regarding dogs in this city are being enforced, agreed with us and said "There's not enough manpower" So you know there's an agenda which obviously has something to do with the Ontario Agenda. Maybe they think, by killing our dogs we'll be less opposed to a law that just muzzles, restrains, chips, monitors and demands s/n. But we're smarter than that.

I just want to thank you all again so much. The letters that are going to the KWHS and the City of Kitchener are just overwhelming us. It is because of all of you and Lily's big brown eyes that we're continuing to keep the fire burning. There are no words to say how very grateful we are for all of you.
Old May 25th, 2005, 12:32 PM

Jen, I'm so sorry to hear about your situation.

I don't know if this is of any use to you, but there was a Dr. Gary Goerée, from
The ANIMAL HOSPITAL OF KITCHENER-WATERLOO, that testified against bill 132 at the public hearings for the Ontario law. He sat on the dangerous dog and pitbull appeal comittees in KW.

Here is a link to that days testimony:
http://www.ontla.on.ca/hansard/commi...embly/M010.htm
Old May 25th, 2005, 12:44 PM
<-----nut ball

Have you thought about moving the dog out of KW area in the meantime while you fight the law, or at least have someone as a backup to take the dog in case they come for it without notice?

I kinda know how you feel. The law is so stupid. I have an english bulldog, which is obviously not a pitbull, but because he is a rescue dog, there is no *real* way to proove he is an english bulldog (despite the fact that he looks like one!). After the new law for all Ontario is in place, all someone needs to do is complain that my dog is a pitbull, and they can take him away and I would need to prove he is not.

I run a store online at cafepress. Here is the link.

www.cafepress.com/luv_a_bull

It's fairly new, been up for a few months. I design the logos and such and all of my proceeds are donated to www.bannedaid.com. I don't know what the bill/law name is in the KW area, but if you provide me with more info, or if there is something you want on a tshirt etc ("help save Lily and fight the KW law/ban", I can make something up for you to buy to help support your cause... Just post it here or let me know by private message. If you send me a pic of her, i can design something with her pic on it.
Old May 25th, 2005, 01:20 PM

We've put up this link to Dr Gary Goeree's testimony. Please have a read to get a flavour for what is going on in Kitchener. It will make you furious!!!! It's also, what were facing next.

Here's the Link: http://www.2gogroup.com/savelily/drygarygoeree.html and soon http://www.2gogroup.com/savelily will have the whole story posted as well as pictures of Lily.

Again, we are making arrangements to have Lily moved out of Kitchener. We have been told that the Appeals Board only sits once a month. So our appeal trial date will more than likely be June 27th. We are allowed to keep our dog with us during the appeal process. We're not going to upset or move Lily out as long as we can.
Old May 25th, 2005, 01:42 PM
Senior Contributor

You could get a PEN from CKC, that might help,and would not hurt.
http://goto-enter.com/PEN.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by raingirl
I have an english bulldog, which is obviously not a pitbull, but because he is a rescue dog, there is no *real* way to proove he is an english bulldog (despite the fact that he looks like one!). After the new law for all Ontario is in place, all someone needs to do is complain that my dog is a pitbull, and they can take him away and I would need to prove he is not.
Old May 25th, 2005, 02:14 PM

Letter From The Kwhs

Below is the email response we got back from the KWHS. And Below that our response.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2005 2:49 PM
To: 2 Go Group - Admin
Subject: Fw: Complaint - Please Respond

I have read your email and looked at the pictures and I feel that I must respond, and I hope you will agree with my position. At least you will understand the process and history of how the designation works in Kitchener and Waterloo.

The City pit bill bylaw was passed in 1996 and came in to effect in 1997.

Our Officers at the Shelter have over 100 yrs. of collective experience to draw on in the performance of their duties. I myself am a former Regional Inspector for the OSPCA and have investigated the sickening sport of dogfighting. I am also the owner of two Labrador Retrievers, the supposed breed of the dog in question.

We do not take the responsibility of designating a dog lightly. Our job is to designate any animal that would look similar to the dog in question, and make the person aware of the ability to appeal the designation before the Animal Review Committee at the respective City Hall (Kitchener or Waterloo); which I believe we did. I would suggest you contact www.city.kitchener.on.ca . That is really the extent of our involvement with the designation. The Committee would then make a ruling one way or another.

I believe a lot of confusion comes from the new Provincial Statue that will come into effect on August 29, 2005. Even the proposed new law and its restrictions are not that far removed from the wishes of any Animal Welfare Organization which are: Spay/Neuter your pet; make sure your dog is in control of an adult when outside (all dogs should be leashed when outside and off their property unless in one of the two leash free dog parks in the Twin Cities); make sure your dog has a current Municipal licence affixed to its collar; and an identification Microchip which helps identify stray dogs, as tags and collars can easily come off. No where does the proposed BSL say to kill anything but rather have the animal grandfathered and get the animal registared. Unfortunatly our city by-law will not allow certain breeds of dogs and mixed breeds to reside in the city limits of Kitchener or Waterloo.

Good Luck

Ward McAlister

K-W Humane Society

----------------------------------------------------------
Here's our response:

Dear Ward;

Thank-you for your reply.

First, the breed of the dog in question is Lab/Boxer if you had read your own inspectors report. As far as taking your responsibilities lightly you may want to stop your by-law people from laughing, playing with our dog and smiling while they give us her death warrant.

Have you seen the testimony of Dr. Gary Goeree and what he said about what is going on in Kitchener? I’m sure you’re familiar with him. It would appear that his testimony contradicts with what you just stated.

You may want to go here: http://www.2gogroup.com/savelily/drygarygoeree.html and carefully read what he has to say about the so-called expertise of this city.

Our dog doesn’t have until August 29th. Our dog as the next 5 days for us to make an appeal and then hopefully on June 27th, 2 months and 2 days before the other legislation is enacted if we lose our dog has to die or get out of town. Can you really live with this???

You’re killing innocent dogs – You’re taking innocent lives when YOUR supposed to be SAVING THEM. When the Nazi’s said kill the Jews was it right for the Nazi soldiers to kill them? You're doing the same thing here.

We spoke with the CKC today who said, which we got in writing, that NOBODY in Canada has the legal right to judge a breed of dog other than them and that the pitbull is not a recognized breed in Canada and THEREFORE there are NO pitbulls in Canada. You, Sir, are not certified to judge no matter what a backward money padded city council has to say.

If you know a law is wrong and you do nothing about it and act to enforce it even though it was based on lies, the death of every happy kind sweet adorable dog is on your head personally every second you let it continue. You alone can stop this and you do nothing. I feel nothing but shame for you and shame that in this day and age there are people who have no morals or ethics whatsoever.

We are going as public as we can with this. We have many organizations involved and this isn’t going to rest even if we save Lily from people like you. It won’t stop until somebody grows a conscience.

It stops WITH YOU.

Sam & Jennifer Mitchell
Old May 25th, 2005, 02:22 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Our Officers at the Shelter have over 100 yrs. of collective experience to draw on in the performance of their duties.
So if they have 15 officers, that's just over 6 and a half years each. Well, have at it then!

Quote:
I am also the owner of two Labrador Retrievers, the supposed breed of the dog in question.
He's also the owner of an ass, but he doesn't know that from a hole in the ground.

I like your responding letter, by the way.
Old May 25th, 2005, 03:13 PM

Too funny Schwin...it's nice to laugh!!

Here's what recently we sent the idiot backed by 100 years of experience (cough )

Ward;

Here’s a link to another BOXER/LAB since you are unfamiliar with the breed. You think now you’re collective 100 years of experience might be signing the death warrant on the WRONG DOGS??? Other than our dog being chocolate THIS dog is IDENTICAL to ours.

http://dogoftheday.com/archive/2004/September/08.html

We’d like your response to this and the immediate reversal of our dogs notice.

Sam and Jennifer Mitchell

Last edited by JenSteele; May 25th, 2005 at 03:16 PM.
Old May 25th, 2005, 03:24 PM
Long Term Member

Thats sad.
It doesn't make any sense why people won't leave perfectly nice dogs alone.
I just hate it.
Good-luck
My cockatiel Jayson- 3months
Hailey- My cockatiel-2 years :love:
Old May 25th, 2005, 03:40 PM
Long Term Member

I read the letters& replies.
This is just insane. I read up on this and you are right...
I dont understand why someone would pass a by-law like this.
AND if your dog isn't a pit-bull then why is this going on...
and if a pit-bull is not a recognized breed in Canada, then why
are they trying to kill your 'pit-bull'? I hope it all goes well...
My cockatiel Jayson- 3months
Hailey- My cockatiel-2 years :love:
Old May 25th, 2005, 03:53 PM

Latest Correspondance with KWHS

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2005 4:37 PM
To: 2 Go Group - Admin
Subject: Fw: Complaint - Please Respond

I was reading your reply and would have continued to do so until you mentioned the Nazi's and the comparison. That's when I turned it off. If you wish to continue this discussion you should look at your choice of euphemisms and choose them more carefully. You also should be ashamed of yourself for mentioning the word Nazi, I have good friends who have had relatives fall at the hands of the Nazis, and they would be appalled at your comments.

Maybe you should direct your emails to the City from now on.

Thank You

Ward McAlister

---------------------------

Our response........

I’m posting your responses to all of the people who are going to fight against what you’re doing. It is you who may wish to choose your words more carefully. Taking the time to lecture us instead of making sure you didn’t make a mistake is wasting time in SAVING OUR DOGS LIFE if that’s what you people still do.

Maybe you should get educated on how to identify dogs and stop condemning harmless dogs.

I’m Jewish Mr. Ward, and I’ll have you know that blindly following something because you were told without a conscience is Nazi, and I’m not the only one in this town, province or country who feels that’s exactly the mentality of the Humane Society clicking their heals and following this. “I’m only following orders” is what came out of your by-law enforcer today. Doesn’t get any more Nazi than that.

Jennifer Mitchell
Closed Thread