Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old January 20th, 2011, 10:31 AM
owned by Tucker

Tucker's winter photo shoot

a few pictures of Tucker at our cottage last weekend
Attached Images

Old January 20th, 2011, 10:38 AM
owned by Tucker

a couple more
Attached Images

Old January 20th, 2011, 10:39 AM
owned by Tucker

the last pic on this set is Tucker's little hobo look...reminds me of that show on tv
Old January 20th, 2011, 10:46 AM
owned by Tucker

a couple of the cottage
Attached Images

Old January 20th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Beautiful pics and Tucker is one lucky dog to have such a great running area Looks like he had a great time.

Jasper, male Ragdoll ?? (approx 10 yrs)
Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 7 yrs)

Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old January 20th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Senior Contributor

Now that is a winter wonderland I could get used to.
Tucker looks like he is right in his element. Gorgeous pictures..and of course Tucker is just the cat's meow. Beautiful.
Old January 20th, 2011, 11:08 AM
Senior Contributor

what a wonderful hide-a-way!! great photo's
Old January 20th, 2011, 11:11 AM
owned by Tucker

thanks guys but I was reading the thread dog rant from yesterday and well I hate to admit this but he is an abused dog too...I also work full time 8 hour days how the heck else can we afford the cottage that Tucker loves to go to, his top quality food and pet insurance..Please don't report me but I'm a bad momma does he look abused?
Old January 20th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Senior Contributor

Tucker looks abused to me! He's just too cute and looks thoroughly delighted with the snow. I haven't read the rant yet, but will go look, my girls are abused too I guess since I work. Oh yeah, I bring them with me, always one, sometimes both.
Old January 20th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Senior Contributor
Tetris Champion, Cell-Out Champion

What a beautiful boy he is!! I just love his face and that red nose
You have a great little get away there!!

As for the abuse... I'm afraid the majority of us have abused and neglected our furkids to a great extent, according to the OP

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012
Old January 20th, 2011, 11:55 AM
owned by Tucker

Dog Dancer I wish I could bring Tucker to work but as I am a cook in a nursing home I don't think they would let me...well he could wash the plates for them....LOL
Old January 20th, 2011, 12:30 PM
Senior Contributor

DL, I am very very lucky that I can bring Shadow to work. She's not a kisser, but she kisses my boss! I always tell him she knows who to suck up to so she can keep coming. Couldn't Tucker go play with the seniors?? They'd love him - he needs a therapy dog ticket. I love his little teeth in the second picture!
Old January 20th, 2011, 12:43 PM
owned by Tucker

DD I don't think Tucker could handle being there a lot of our staff don't like dogs and some of the residents can be a little aggressive. I could not be there to keep an eye on him and he would not be able to see me so it would be stressful to him. Maybe in a five years when my hubby and I take an early retirement and move up north permanently there is a very nice nursing home there I could volunteer and hopefully Tucker is still with us as he will be almost 12 (with his health he will be here until he's 20) I could do something like that. I would like to do something like that for the seniors, most are so happy to see a dog, its like seeing a baby all the memories come flooding back to them. When I retire first thing on my list is to get a Bernese mountain dog and that would be great for socializing a puppy.
Old January 20th, 2011, 03:20 PM

The pictures are adorable!! I bet he is just loving the snow, especially in a winter wonderland like you have there
Old January 20th, 2011, 04:58 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Tucker looks awesome in the snow!!! Happy, too! What a beautiful place, doggy lover!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old January 20th, 2011, 06:33 PM
Doggie Wench

I can't get over how beautiful Tucker is . Can you tell us more about him, what's he like, doggy lover? I know I can go back 7 years of your posts but I'm feeling a little lazy right now .

I love all the pics but the one of the pine trees, ahh .
Old January 20th, 2011, 07:08 PM

what a gorgeous dog ! i just loveeeeee border collies!! and what a great spot you have, i love the row of trees.
Old January 20th, 2011, 07:44 PM
owned by Tucker

thanks guys Tucker is a beautiful boy, LP I would love to brag about him he does come with a couple of quirks..He is a very smart guy he will be 7 in May I don't know where time goes. He loves people and is great with other dogs and cats. In behaviour he has a bad habit of jumping on some people when they come in mostly cause he is just so happy to see them and wants to kiss them, its a habit I have tried hard to stop and once he calms down he is fine. He has his little moods when he doesn't want to be bothered with what you say, he will show his teeth to me and growl. He as never bitten and his vet and I have worked on this but its just like his way of trying to tell you he's not gonna do it and in the almost 7 years I have never let him get his own way when he does it he has to follow what ever command I have given him I won't back down its just like we clash heads. Then when he wants he is the biggest snuggle butt there is. You figure after 7 years of not getting his own way he would give up. Nope stubborn like his momma. But all in all he is a really good dog, well behaved and listens to what he is told to do. I think border collies have a complete different personality than other dogs like they are wired different. He is like having a four year old child that thinks all the time. I wouldn't recommend a border collie to the faint of heart they need lots of work especially mentally. He loves the cottage as here in the city its always a leash time, up there he runs with my atv or snowmobile and swims in the pond in the summer. He loves to play with the other dogs that come to visit him especially our neighbours dog then he tries to out smart all of them in a game of chase. People ask would I ever get another border collie yes in a heart beat, they are just a different type of dog and they fascinate me and I love the challenge of loving one, and they give you 110% of their love.
Old January 20th, 2011, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggy lover View Post
I think border collies have a complete different personality than other dogs like they are wired different. He is like having a four year old child that thinks all the time. I wouldn't recommend a border collie to the faint of heart they need lots of work especially mentally.

People ask would I ever get another border collie yes in a heart beat, they are just a different type of dog and they fascinate me and I love the challenge of loving one, and they give you 110% of their love.

i could not agree more! they definitely a complete different breed of dog and they are always thinking.

The next time i get another dog it will definitely be another border collie. they are spectacular dogs, and always give you their best !
Old January 21st, 2011, 12:04 AM
Doggie Wench

Thanks doggy lover. Now when I see pics of him, I'll be thinking beautiful and smart...and super fortunate to be a part of your family.
Old January 21st, 2011, 03:29 PM
owned by Tucker

LP smart yes I came home today and he had found a way to get my fresh loaf of bread I made last night, don't ask how he did it but he didn't eat much just messed it around. I guess the birds will love it.
Old January 21st, 2011, 04:23 PM
owned by Tucker

and now I just started the bread maker to make another loaf of bread and he is standing here looking at my like Yes she is gonna make me another loaf
Old January 21st, 2011, 10:40 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

What kind of bread did you make him this time? Border collies are just too smart for hazel. She'd be bamboozled in a minute!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old January 21st, 2011, 10:49 PM
owned by Tucker

What kind of bread did you make him this time?

I made a french loaf, maybe he would prefer a scotch loaf considering where his heritage comes from
Old January 21st, 2011, 10:51 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Sounds yummy!

Old January 29th, 2011, 07:06 PM
-

Tucker is soooo photogenic and I just love those snowy face shots.

And, your cottage get-away is to die for.
Old January 30th, 2011, 04:21 AM

Tucker is gorgeous as always , great "cabin" you've got there

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying

Vindication ~ For all those pets who became sick or lost their lives from tainted pet food