Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > In the News - Pet related articles and stories in the press > Newspaper Articles of Interest (animal/pet related) from Around the World

Old July 30th, 2009, 06:03 AM

Please help Bruce

This campain to save Bruce is speading around the world .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRJYVszJ7tE
'God turns clouds inside out to make fluffy beds for the dogs in dogs heaven,and when they are tired from running around and barking, the dogs find a cloud bed for sleeping, god watches over each one of them and there are no bad dreams'.
Old July 30th, 2009, 06:10 AM

Here is another link to the campain for Bruce .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11UmAeG46ZE
'God turns clouds inside out to make fluffy beds for the dogs in dogs heaven,and when they are tired from running around and barking, the dogs find a cloud bed for sleeping, god watches over each one of them and there are no bad dreams'.
Old July 30th, 2009, 06:43 AM
ZiggyZuzuZoeyRaggzy&Keena

Only watched the first one...can't bear to see any more!!! How totally heartbreaking.

So they seized him to die alone and clearly heartbroken for absolutely NO REASON than he is a "bully breed" This story is two years old...is he still suffering alone? My heart breaks for him, his family and anyone else who had their furbaby "dognapped" for no good reason

Ginger and Hobo at the Bridge (Valentine's Day 2011) but NEVER forgotten <3...

"‎I have sent you on a journey to a land free from pain, not because
I did not love you, but because I loved you too much to force
you to stay" ♥ ♥

We do not have to wait for Heaven, to be surrounded by hope, love, and joyfulness.
It is here on earth and has four legs!
Old July 30th, 2009, 07:24 AM

Hi Diandpat, Yes bruce is still caged and isolated nearly 2yrs on, it is disgraceful to treat a dog like this, this dog has done nothing wrong he is a loving familly pet, just seized for looking like a pitbull, i think he looks more staffie x imo

The campain to free him is still going on and is getting a lot of press so hopefully something can be done

Beside the vid-clip is the petition you can sign to help save this boy . x
Old July 30th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Slave to the Kitties

How can they just take a person's dog like that if it hasnt done any thing ? Also why cage it like that, if you dont want it around, at least put it out of its misery by putting it to sleep. I would prefer that over being caged and abused.

Bear 1994-2010 Oggie 1996-2011 Sis 1996-2012
Old July 31st, 2009, 01:55 PM

Save Bruce update?

Does anyone know what has happened to Bruce? All the news seems a couple of months old…is there a petition link? Couldn't find it on Care2.
Old July 31st, 2009, 02:27 PM

Here is the petition link Amaya, just scroll down.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/BRING-BRUCE-HOME-X
Old July 31st, 2009, 02:42 PM

phew

Thank you HunnyBunny! I very glad to see the campaign is still active…meaning he is still alive. barely. This is a very disturbing situation. I don't understand how they can have held him for so long. I'm surprised they haven't euthanized him actually, although that would of course be 'criminal'. Hopefully this means that what they have done is being recognized as misguided to put it mildly. I hope this means the laws around this are being challenged. Unfortunately Bruce has paid the price for human simple mindedness.
Old August 20th, 2009, 06:51 PM

Crossposted from Facebook...this is so disturbing. Can't believe in 2009 this crap is happening. ALL those poor dogs who suffer at the hands of BSL

"Hi,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/8209106.stm

Bruce’s story has now broke out into mainstream media-BBC, today it has been confirmed that the court hearing is set to take place on 14th September.

Please cross post this information.

Thanks"

you to stay" ♥ ♥

We do not have to wait for Heaven, to be surrounded by hope, love, and joyfulness.
Old August 20th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Rottie owner and lover

I ha to stop watching it, I am literally in tears. I can not believe they can allow a dog to go in that condition. I can not believe he still is without his family.
Old August 20th, 2009, 07:58 PM

I couldn't watch the whole thing either.. Heartbreaking is an understatement.... I really feel for this family and hope they get him back really soon :sad:

"To err is human, to forgive, canine." -Unknown

Mom to:
Sola: 18 month old black lab/malamute
Luna: 2 year old Siberian Husky (rescue)
Millie: 2.5 year old tabby (rescue)
Layla: ?? year old calico (rescue)

Former mom to (RIP):
Nicole: Maine Coon cat 1985-1999
Poncho: Degu
Bibi: Degu
Josette: St. Bernard, childhood pet
Old August 20th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Senior Contributor

It is the same kind of people responsible for what his happening to bruce, that are responsible for Black slavery, And the haulocost (Sp?).. A bunch of ignorance, and for what? A bit of power? To make a poor inocent animal suffer? Why dont people of BSL and people responsible for what is happening to bruce focus on the REAL ISSUES. Not the NON EXISTANT issues.. I mean come ON. OUr word in being devoired by global warming, crime and war. And the government is after the pitbulls?

Damn it this pisses me off..

I guess my mind isnt closed enough, and warped enough to comprehend the governents actions.
Jasper - White cat

R.I.P Casey #1.
Gone but never ever forgotten.
Old July 31st, 2010, 10:11 AM

CROSSPOST FROM FACEBOOK:

"Hello,

East Galway Animal Rescue now has custody of Bruce and there are photos of him on their Facebook page!!

I am overwhlemed with joy as I am sure many of you are. This battle has been long, but absolutely worth it. No salient being deserves to be caged for a crime he did not commit for years on end. Thank you to everyone who contributed to his freedom, which is basically everyone! I would like to thank the editors of k9 magazine and Allie Green from DDA watch and especially Shannon. Thank you everyone who kept on fighting and never gave up despite the extremely long wait. He was in my thoughts every night. Many tears were shed over him.

Hopefully many have learned of BSL and the unfair punishment of dogs based on breed due to Bruce's story.

I wish the best for Bruce and Shannon!"

That family fought soooooooooooooooo hard for that dog and WON!!!! Stupid stupid politicians with their BSL...there are also pics (I'll try to post the link) that will make you cry.

Welcome Home Sweet Bruce!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...1475888&ref=mf

Don't know if the link will work

you to stay" ♥ ♥