Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old January 27th, 2008, 12:15 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
I missed the flipping show again. It was on at 10 last night and I fell asleep at 9:30.
Google CBC , they said you can download it from there.
Old January 27th, 2008, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
I missed the flipping show again. It was on at 10 last night and I fell asleep at 9:30.
You'll find a precis of it here: http://redstarcafe.wordpress.com/200...ogs-breakfast/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
Google CBC , they said you can download it from there.
Apparently, not. CBC informed an Itchmo member that, because it isn't a CBC production (it was made by http://www.yapfilms.com/index.html ), it won't be available online.
Old January 27th, 2008, 02:05 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSTYcat View Post

Apparently, not. CBC informed an Itchmo member that, because it isn't a CBC production (it was made by http://www.yapfilms.com/index.html ), it won't be available online.
:sad: :sad:
Old January 28th, 2008, 07:09 PM

HTML Code:
I haven't look at the Medi-cal prenventive ingredients but I KNOW Medi-Cal Veggie for dogs formula. 4 years ago , it was $70.00 for a 33 lbs bag. It's freakin corn base ! $70.00 for a bag of pop corn ! And you're telling us this is a good food ?  yea right !
Sorry, but there is no corn in vegie- This is why the hollistic vet (Dr Beltram at the Blair AH) recommends it. it is especially good for small breeds with food allergies and Calcium oxalate stones or Dalmatian's w/ Urates. It targets a urinary ph of 6.8-7 to help with those crystals.
It's not something I would feed the average healthy dogs, but I do see many dogs w/ severe meat protein allergies and this works beautifully for them. Dr Tony Yu and Dr Jan Hall- The 2 PHD dermotologists at OVC recommend it frequently as well.

Dry - Vegetarian Formula
Oat Flour, Rice, Potato Protein, Flax Meal, Vegetarian Digest, Beet Pulp, Tomato Pomace (Source of Lycopene), Yeast, Vegetable Oil (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols, Rosemary Extract, Citric Acid and Lecithin), Minerals (Calcium Carbonate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Potassium Citrate, Salt, Ferrous Sulphate, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Oxide, Zinc Proteinate, Copper Sulphate, Copper Proteinate, Calcium Iodate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Cobalt Carbonate and Organic Selenium), Dried Carrot, Fructo-Oligosaccharides, Taurine, Vitamins (Vitamin E, Vitamin A, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Inositol, Niacin, Beta-Carotene, Vitamin C, Riboflavin, Biotin, Folic Acid, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D3 and Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex), L-Carnitine and L-Glutamine.
Old January 29th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Thanks Rustycat.

Jasper, male Ragdoll ?? (approx 10 yrs)
Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 7 yrs)

Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old January 29th, 2008, 12:26 PM

I just got the show downloaded, have to watch that one later when theres time...

Don't know if i'm allowed to post a torrent here or not. Please let me know. It's good quality.
Old January 29th, 2008, 12:46 PM
I gotz 2 babies now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
I haven't look at the Medi-cal prenventive ingredients but I KNOW Medi-Cal Veggie for dogs formula. 4 years ago , it was $70.00 for a 33 lbs bag. It's freakin corn base ! $70.00 for a bag of pop corn ! And you're telling us this is a good food ? yea right !
I agree frenchy, I bought medical for 9 years for my cat, the vet pushed it and raved about it, after several hundred $$$ of tests for my poor cat who's health was declining...we found nothing wrong with him. The vet still insisted on Medical, even tho I brought in info about alergies and corn based diet (he was on the gastro formula - packed with corn)...he still said it wasn't the food. So I switched him to Orijen, and now Innova. His illness stopped immediately. Even after I told the vet, he still wouldnt say it could ahve beent he food.

My first comment was only to show that vets push it yet say cats need meat, and are not always open to the fact that the food they are pushing could possibly be the problem. People trust vets and take their word, yet they also admitt they are not nutrion specilists. How can they say all in one line....cats need meat, feed medical....it contradicts itself.

It's also funny that they show the vets treating the sick animals with a food that was made by menu foods?

I am not medical bashing - it's better then grocery store brands...but it's by no means a bilogically approprioate food for cats or dogs. Yes, I too was paying $37 a bag for dry Medical @ 1 cup a day, I now pay $30 for the same size bag @ 1/2 a cup a day. Lasts me twice as long. While it's not expensive compared bag to bag, only $7 more, they have to eat alot more medical to get what they could get out of less amounts of a better quality food.

The only reason anyone with basic knowledge in pet nutrion would feed this food is cuz their vet insists on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woof99 View Post
[HTML]
Sorry, but there is no corn in vegie- This is why the hollistic vet (Dr Beltram at the Blair AH) recommends it. it is especially good for small breeds with food allergies and Calcium oxalate stones or Dalmatian's w/ Urates. It targets a urinary ph of 6.8-7 to help with those crystals.
It's not something I would feed the average healthy dogs, but I do see many dogs w/ severe meat protein allergies and this works beautifully for them. Dr Tony Yu and Dr Jan Hall- The 2 PHD dermotologists at OVC recommend it frequently as well.

Dry - Vegetarian Formula
Oat Flour, Rice, Potato Protein, Flax Meal, Vegetarian Digest, Beet Pulp, Tomato Pomace (Source of Lycopene), Yeast, Vegetable Oil (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols, Rosemary Extract, Citric Acid and Lecithin), Minerals (Calcium Carbonate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Potassium Citrate, Salt, Ferrous Sulphate, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Oxide, Zinc Proteinate, Copper Sulphate, Copper Proteinate, Calcium Iodate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Cobalt Carbonate and Organic Selenium), Dried Carrot, Fructo-Oligosaccharides, Taurine, Vitamins (Vitamin E, Vitamin A, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Inositol, Niacin, Beta-Carotene, Vitamin C, Riboflavin, Biotin, Folic Acid, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D3 and Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex), L-Carnitine and L-Glutamine.
Ok, for a dog, this may be ok, but cats need meat...how can you say this is good for cats, there is no meat in this, I do realize it's a veggie formula, and it may work for animals that have severe allergies...but how can anyone say that it's a complete food?

Quote:
It's not something I would feed the average healthy dogs
Why is that? This is why the public is confused....to me, that quoted line and the above ingredient list - sounds like a last measure option when no other foods in the whole planet would work I would resort to feeding dried processed veggies in kibble form.

Pubert Wizzer Howell-Boyd III of the feline kind R.I.P my little guy!!

If you can't afford a vet, you can't afford a pet!

221/194/170(for next year)
Old January 30th, 2008, 07:39 PM

I downloaded this show and finally got to watch it. It's quite good, pretty informative...

I have to be honest. Until I joined pets.ca and actually started reading, i've never looked at the ingredients on a bag of dog food. Never realized what i've been feeding dogs all my life
Old January 31st, 2008, 10:06 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhynes View Post
I downloaded this show and finally got to watch it. It's quite good, pretty informative...

I have to be honest. Until I joined pets.ca and actually started reading, i've never looked at the ingredients on a bag of dog food. Never realized what i've been feeding dogs all my life

How did you download it?

Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old January 31st, 2008, 11:04 AM

I have a clean torrent, it's 400 megs. don't know if I'm allowed to post it here...
Old January 31st, 2008, 12:49 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

I went on a torrent website, but don't know how to get the program downloaded

Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

Old May 25th, 2009, 04:25 PM

2009 Rebroadcast

This program is being re-broadcast Thursday May 28, 2009, at 9 p.m. on CBC-TV.