Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old May 10th, 2009, 08:52 PM

The girl that took the video finally have been reached and will contact SPCA and SQ tomorrow morning.SPCA needs to talk to her before going to make sure it's a dog. Yes,you can ear the dog growl and bark...
In the video the guy curses and say: ma maudite ,je vais t'assomer,maudite folle (you're crazy I'm gona stun you...)

Thanks again guys!
Old May 10th, 2009, 10:01 PM
Master of the Drool!

Thanks for the update!! I hope they get this guy and lock him up!!! Hope the dog gets a caring home after all this
AHHHH They are a year old already!!!!
Old May 13th, 2009, 06:39 AM

For what I know,the police was called once,the guy was arrested but because we don't see what he is beating on the video( ya must be a cougar... ),he was release.

The girl who took the video will hae the visit of the SPCA this morning! Let's hope they will take the dog immediately!

I'll post as soon as I have more news...
Thanks guys!
Old May 13th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Master of the Drool!

Thanks CClover for the update!! Hope someone does something
Old May 13th, 2009, 12:38 PM
-

Thanks for keeping us updated.

My thoughts and prayers are with that poor dog ....I hope the spca is able to take custody of it.
Old May 13th, 2009, 01:44 PM
Senior Contributor

CClover,if it was a Cougar,there might have been a quicker reaction
Old May 13th, 2009, 01:50 PM
Master of the Drool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
CClover,if it was a Cougar,there might have been a quicker reaction
Good point Chico2! As well as i think the cougar would be slightly upset about getting beaten like that
Old May 13th, 2009, 01:57 PM
Senior Contributor

He might have trapped something,like a Raccoon,but beating a Raccoon to death is also against the law.
I wish I could have a go at this moron,whatever innocent animal he was beating
Old May 13th, 2009, 02:01 PM
Master of the Drool!

Well it is clear he is beating something and I doupt its a machine of some sort. The guy needs a beating himself
Old May 13th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Senior Contributor

I didn't watch it either, makes me ill to think about it. About six big guys need to go over and just take the dog. Period. No police required, no SPCA. That poor dog.
Old May 13th, 2009, 06:15 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Dancer View Post
I didn't watch it either, makes me ill to think about it. About six big guys need to go over and just take the dog. Period. No police required, no SPCA. That poor dog.
No need for 6 big guys .... You'd be surprise to see what a 100 lbs , 5"2 girl can do when mad

but I do love your idea
Old May 13th, 2009, 06:33 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Best idea I have heard yet!

Any news CCLover?

I hope to god that this man ROTS IN HELL!
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old May 13th, 2009, 07:14 PM
Master of the Drool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Dancer View Post
Like the way you think DD, How about 15 pet.ca members go over there
Old May 13th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Senior Contributor

If I was closer.... It kills me to think about this. How we care so much about our pets, and so many do so much to help rescue and care for the unloved babies and this bas**rd is such a jerk. I so pray that this thread has a positive outcome.
Old May 13th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Master of the Drool!

Me too DD Me too
Old May 14th, 2009, 05:44 AM

Since I (and some other friends) didn't have any news about the dog ,we wrote back to the SPCA, telling them it takes to much time to help this poor creature.Now they are mad at us and we don't know anything and they have to obey the law,animals are like chairs and SPCA needs special paper to seize it and bla bla bla.I know that but is there any special way to do it in ''emergency''.Now I'm the bad one in the story cause I told them it would have been faster if I have gone there with my bike (600 km) .

They went and told the guy that if the dog keeps chewing the wood (reason of the beating ),he should be tied in the yard ! The SPCA gave him is phone numer in case he wants to get rid of the dog!I guess they are trying to get the paper they need to take the dog out of there.

The problem is not us wanting this dog out,it's not the SPCA either not doing it fast enough.The problem is the law that says that the dog is like a chair!

I hope that the committeethat have been form (M.Kelly...) are working on this .
Thanks guys!
Old May 14th, 2009, 05:48 AM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

I am so sorry your going through this! But many people have loooked like the bad guy over and over again to save the life of an animal so I wouldnt worrry! we all love you for trying to help!

I am confused though? are they preparing the paperwork to seize the dog? what committee ? god I wish I knew someone closer!
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old May 14th, 2009, 06:17 AM

Oh Gosh where is my dictionary lolllll (I'm French) .From what I know,yes they need papers to seize the dog,otherwise anybody could come and take....your tv....
The government form a round table to change the law.Give me some time I'll give you a link...
Old May 14th, 2009, 06:27 AM

Still looking for an english version of this...

http://communiques.gouv.qc.ca/gouvqc....html?slang=en

Oups! Found it!

http://communiques.gouv.qc.ca/gouvqc....html?slang=en
Old May 14th, 2009, 08:22 AM
An Honest Contributor
Fishing the Sea Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, KickUps Champion, Jason's Pong Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Eskiv Champion, Aski Champion, Ping Champion

Anima Quebec is the only organization who has the mandate to seize animals should they see/feel an animal is being abused (and then that's a big IF because of our lack of laws) but they do not have the man power to follow up on complaints.

It's great you (she) contacted AQ and the SPCA but neither IMO can do anything to help this dog. Maybe the MSPCA inspector will go visit this place but I highly doubt anything will be done. I'd file another complaint with the police department. Even the police dept can and have refused to accept animal complaints but if you happen to get an animal loving officer they can get our MSPCA to seize the dog (no p-42 required)

It's a sad reality here in Quebec, laws need to change.

As Winston said many times the caring people look like the bad guy but we know otherwise, thank you for all your doing to help this woman.

The other thing I'm thinking, is anyone willing to approach this guy (without accusations) and ask if he'd be willing to surrender this trouble maker of a dog?

Last edited by Golden Girls; May 14th, 2009 at 08:47 AM. Reason: spelling
Old May 14th, 2009, 08:58 AM

Thanks GG! The police was involved last febuary,the guy went to court but in court they say the video was not good enough to be a proof.The guy was release.

Maybe the SPCA there, try to get Anima-Québec interrested in the case.
Old May 14th, 2009, 09:31 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Girls View Post
Anima Quebec is the only organization who has the mandate to seize animals should they see/feel an animal is being abused (and then that's a big IF because of our lack of laws) but they do not have the man power to follow up on complaints.

It's great you (she) contacted AQ and the SPCA but neither IMO can do anything to help this dog. Maybe the MSPCA inspector will go visit this place but I highly doubt anything will be done. I'd file another complaint with the police department. Even the police dept can and have refused to accept animal complaints but if you happen to get an animal loving officer they can get our MSPCA to seize the dog (no p-42 required)

It's a sad reality here in Quebec, laws need to change.

As Winston said many times the caring people look like the bad guy but we know otherwise, thank you for all your doing to help this woman.

The other thing I'm thinking, is anyone willing to approach this guy (without accusations) and ask if he'd be willing to surrender this trouble maker of a dog?
GG is absolutely right. Her and I have tried to work on even worse cases to no avail.

Let me be very blunt - the SPCA nor Anima Quebec will act on this. There is not enough evidence. It is harsh for me to say this but it's the truth.

We have been working on something far worse (believe it or not) and we are not getting anywhere.

Let me put it this way: The MSPCA has ceased dogs (or dogs were surrendered) from an unethical breeder AKA puppymill. Not all dogs were surrendered. There is enough evidence to prove that the dogs they have are in distress medically and physically. Why can they not cease the remaining dogs then considering the apparent mental abuse inflicted on what they have and also the medical findings on these dogs? Why not? The answer goes back to what GG states - the laws stink to high heaven.

If they are working on 'paperwork' it will seriously surprise me. Please keep us updated. And if they are pissed with you - screw it! You are concerned people who are trying to expose what is going on here. They are paid to entertain complaints period. Now let's see how they approach this and if there is a resolution to this. Fingers crossed!