Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old March 19th, 2009, 03:09 AM

pray for jazzmin the collie/cross

Hi there

Just wanted to give an update on what the vet said today. I told Jazz into the vets and they did blood work and xrays. After three long hours they called me and we drove back out there.
The vet stated that her red and white blood count was low. The red blood count meant that she wasn't getting enough blood. Which could mean cancer or advanced phenomia. The White blood cell count could mean infection or Cancer. Sadly that is alot of talk about cancer. Cancer has haunted my family for many years. I have lost my mother, grandmother, Grandfather, many aunt and uncles. And more if we count my husbands family.

Then the Dr showed us the Xrays. It wasn't good. she is having a hard time breathing and lowering her head down to eat her food. I thought that she could have got into the garbage. The Dr showed us that from under her throat down the esophagus all the way to her stomach. You couldn't even see her heart. It didn't even look like her had one. You could see that her food was traveling down the tube and into her stomach. Also see that her food was going through right down to her bowels. All Organs came back in working order with no problems found.

So the vEt stated that it could be Cancer or an infection. We had the choice to pay $400 for an ulersound. That would tell us if it is a tumor or just a mass of fluid, But that could be a waste of money as if the antibiotic works and she gets better. She I picked the antibiotic. The Vet said that I should see a difference by Monday. I'm soo scared. I don't want to loss my best friend. She is only 8 years old. She will be 9 in May. I can't believe that this is happening. I'm so upset. I hate the waiting game. I have asked my self so many questions and are trying to piece everything together. To see if I could have caught this earlier. As she has been breathing rough for about a month now. I really thought that it was just the weather change. I wish I caught is earlier. The vet stated that he doesn't really know if it would have made a diffence. I think he was just trying to make me feel better.
I have taken her to the local dog park, maybe she caught something there. Maybe its just a cold that have got really bad. Do I think the worse and hope the news is better. I don't know what to think anymore. I want just to lay with her. but it makes her hot and then she wants to move away. Now she won't even lay down. She stands up all the time. And wants to be outside. My other dog knows that something is wrong as Jazz won't play with him. He really doesn't even go near her. Just to lick her. I have n ever seen my two dogs love each other soo much, even my cat are trying to get close to her. Jazz wants nothing to do with them. Of course.
I wish the best for her. I wish I had endless amounts of money. But I vet has already told me that if it doesn't clear up by Monday. That is doesn't look good. That there wouldn't be alot of time as of how much space the what ever is taken up in her chest. That part really made me scared. As I don't know if he is just giving me false hope.
Please Pray for Jazzmin.
Old March 19th, 2009, 07:05 AM
Owned by Angus & Brier

I'm praying you Jazzmin and for you. Keep your chin up and think positive.
Old March 19th, 2009, 09:19 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

and for you and Jazz, finallyamommy! You've got all the prayers and good wishes we can send from this end.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old March 19th, 2009, 05:40 PM

HEre is some pics of JAZZ

Attachment 49612

Attachment 49613

Attachment 49614
Old March 19th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Sending some that the antibiotics will clear up what every ails Jazzmin.

I couldn't open your attachments.:sad:

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old March 19th, 2009, 05:48 PM

How do I post attachments or pics on a thread or post.
Please help
Old March 19th, 2009, 07:54 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

When you click "Post Reply" and you get the "Reply to Thread" window, scroll down. Right underneath is an "Additional Options" box, and in that box is a clickable "Manage Attachments" button. Click on that and a dialogue box comes up that will allow you to navigate to images stored on your computer. They have to be 100KB or smaller to upload, though.

Good luck!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old March 24th, 2009, 01:16 AM

Jazz doing better

Hi everyone

Just wanted to let you guys know that Jazz is doing a little better. But not out of the woods yet.
It seems that she is breathing much better. But now she doesn't want to move, eat or drink.
Now talked to the vet and he stated that at least there is improvement. There could be a side affect of her not wanting to eat. She will not eat dry dog food. She is getting really spoiled. I have cooked up liver, tuna, samon. Anything that I can get her to eat. She can now bend her neck down to eat or drinks. She still doesn't really want to yet but at least she still can move it down.
The only thing that is scaring me now is that she has a very hard time getting up. When she is on slippery floor. It is like she is losing her balance. Like she is on Ice. Once she is on carpet or grass she is fine. The Vet stated that we can wait and finish the meds. and hope that she is getting better.

I have had a very hard and long weekend. As my husband was in the hospital for a lump on his neck now. Nothing like what Jazz had. So he had is cut open and now I have to pack it. Now I need to take care of both of them.......
Things have to get better soon....
I should have stayed being a Personal Support Worker. As Im doing it more now then ever......

both
Old March 24th, 2009, 09:33 AM
The Pack's Head Servant

I'm glad to hear she's at least a little better!

for a quick recovery for both Jazz and your husband!

Old March 26th, 2009, 06:10 AM

As she is breathing much better but now she as a swelling face. she has two lumps on both sides of the mouth, They look like fluid build up./ I don't know what they can do for her. I don't want her to suffer,

I'm sooo scared that they will say that I need to put her down.
Old March 27th, 2009, 02:06 AM

Sadly Jazz needs to be put down.How do I do it.

Jazz has Canine Lymphoma. Is what the Vet has stated that she has. He would need to do many tests. I don't want to put her thru that.; I can't belive this is happening. I don't know how to deal with this. I can't get over the feeling that there is or was something that I could have done. I know that the other owner of her puppies will be calling and asking questions. I don't know how to answer them. 8 years is just not long enough time with her. I couldn't put her down today. As I had to have more time with her. I don't know what to do with my other dog and animals. Do I take my other dog to the vets as well. To say good bye. He already know something is going on. As everyone that comes over is cryong and very upset.
What do you guys think? What can I do to make this greiving process better for me and everyone?
Old March 27th, 2009, 07:58 AM
Senior Contributor

I'm so sorry....Never blame yourself when it comes to cancer....this small part of an article I read may help you understand....

"Cancer starts with one or a small group of cells that have “gone wrong.” It appears that such cells arise in our bodies all the time and we have an assortment of natural mechanisms to destroy these cells before they get out of hand. Sometimes these cancer cells escape our natural mechanisms and cancer develops. It is important to realize that cancer is not contagious and that, as a pet owner, you should not feel that you caused this or brought it on your pet somehow. (Many people feel a need to find blame and latch onto the idea that a household cleaner or pesticide was the cause. This is a natural part of grieving but it is important not to focus on cause unduly. Cause is not relevant to treatment; further, there is no way to verify cause. It is best to concentrate on treatment. At this time, there is no way to know what caused lymphoma development in a given patient."
Old March 27th, 2009, 12:42 PM

jazz is is gone as of 12:45am

Thanks She is gone as of 12:45am.
Old March 27th, 2009, 02:29 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Oh, I'm so sorry, finallyamommy. It's never easy to do, but you give Jazz a wonderful gift by easing her way.

Best advice for your other animals is just try to keep to routine and make sure they're feeling loved. Take it a day at a time.

Jazz

Old March 27th, 2009, 03:12 PM
Kitty pimp

you gave her a great life and a peacefull ending you are an angel
Old April 13th, 2009, 02:22 AM

I'm doing a bit better.

Well I miss Jazz so much. I didn't think it was ever happen this way. I thought that our Cat fritz would go first. As he is going on 12 years old....

Well Charlie is doing much better. A couple of days after we put Jazz down. I knew that I had the room for Tubby..... He is Jazz and Charlie's pup from there first litter. So I made my hubby bring home tubby. So that he can play with Charlie....

Charlie didn't really remember him but got used to him... Tubby doesn't want to lay down... he is always chewing on Charlie.... Charlie is ok about it for a while then he wants to go and be with me. When I'm sleeping. Tubby doesn't know how to stop and just lay down. He is always on the go... Want to chew on everything. I have got him is own toys, Bones, Sticks. Anything that I wouldn't mind him chewing...

He is getting better and now knows that he isn't aloud to chew on Candace's stuff animals. (Candace is my daughter) Only that ones that I give him. We cage him only when we are sleeping or go out. Sometime if charlie get really mad at Tubby, then I will put him in the cage, just to get him to settle down.

I can't believe that Tubby can chew thru a dog toy in 5 minutes. I got him a Tennis ball on a rope. He had is gone before I could start to play with him with it. He's quick...... charlie never played. I couldn't never get him to want to. He would just drop the toy and rather want to be patted....

He is a really great huger and loves kisses... The bad things is Tubby is all Black and Charlie is White with tan ears.... So when they go out an play in the backyard,... Charlie comes in Black too.... I don;t like it... It took Jazz about 4 years to turn into a great dog.... I didn't think that I would be dealing with Puppies over again.

Now my friend that got one of Jazzand Charlie's puppy from there second litter. Can keep her. Her name is Bella. She looks just like Jazzmin. I can't get over it. I have found great house for all my puppies... I know that I need to keep there guys.
As Tubby was the first pup:: born. Right on my pillow. Then Bella was from the second litter and she looks so much like Jazz. It is like I look right in her eyes and see her mother. I will post some pics of my newest members of our Family. I don't like not having my Jazz but these puphelp me more then any body would know.

Mommy to
Dogs
Deanta R.I.P April 2000 - July 10, 2002
Jazzmin R.I.P May 13, 2002 - March 27, 2009
Charlie D.O.B Aug 2007
Jazz and Charlie Pups
Tubby Feb 21, 2008
Bella September 3, 2008
Catz
fritz feb 1999
Chub chub June 2004
Teddy 2007