Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old December 17th, 2004, 09:03 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss. Perhaps you'd like to creat a memorial for her here.
Old December 17th, 2004, 09:13 AM
Senior Contributor

Hallie, please don't feel silly or embarassed for feeling grief! Stardust was part of your life and family for 22 years! There would be something seriously wrong if you did NOT grieve.

I bawled like a baby each and every time I've had to do what you did. Even my vet, who knew all my pets for years, cried too.

People who have never had pets, or see pets as disposible objects, do not understand and can make you feel like you're a little nutty to be so upset, or they can say very disturbing things like "Well, just get another cat!".

But WE understand perfectly, so feel free to post whenever you like. We'll listen!
Old December 17th, 2004, 11:37 AM

Unhappy

I cried just reading about this poor baby, and I didn't even personally know her. I must agree with Lucky, that I would be concerned if you were not upset over losing a child.
Stardust is waiting at the rainbow bridge for you to join her, she will watch over you everyday, and as long as you always remember her with a smile, she will never be apart from you. Where she is now, she feels no pain, and she see's everything. Find comfort in the fact that you will one day be re-united. We all understand your pain, and we are hurting for you & Stardust. When you are ready to give your heart again, maybe you'll get another cat, maybe by helping one in a bad situation to know the love that stardust knew, will help you cope with her loss. But, no rush, take your time. There is plenty of love in you to give another animal, but they will never replace your precious Stardust. When I lost my cat many years ago, it helped me greatly to talk to him when I needed him, even though I knew he wasn't there.
We feel your pain, and hope you know we understand, and we're here if you need to talk.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox to Stardust - Godspeed little one
2 Medium Haired All Black Cats:
Robert Age 1 1/2
Mango Age 2 1/2
"PIT-BULLS ARE LIKE POTATO CHIPS......YOU CAN NEVER HAVE JUST ONE"
Old December 17th, 2004, 03:06 PM
~Cat Servent~

I think I can safely say that most of us here have shed a few tears with you... and how brave and loving of you to stay with her to the very end, I know how hard that can be. May your heart heal soon, and Godspeed little Stardust,

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old December 17th, 2004, 03:41 PM
Senior Contributor

Boy,this thread really clears your sinuses,tears are flowing...I've had 1 dog and 4 cats put down and it never gets any easier... :sad:
When a cat or dog has been a part of your life for such a long time,they are just that,a part of your life...a part that will be empty for a long time :sad:
Old December 20th, 2004, 05:42 PM

To everyone who said such kind, comforting words;Thank you so much! I didn't even know that there was such understanding cat people out there in the world. You all are so nice and it truly helps so much to know that you guys know what my little Stardust and I went through. Unless it is my imagination even my large boy Petey seems to know that Starry is gone. So now Petey rules-well not exactly-my 7 month old Keeshond puppy 'Wolfy' is trying hard to be top dog. Actually he is kind of rough with Petey and will bite him if I don't make sure he doesn't catch him. I have never had a puppy who tried to bite my cats so it is kind of shocking, really, that this gentle puppy tries to go after Petey. Petey is 11 years old and kind of a fatty so I have to watch the puppy around him. Wolfy even jumped up on the dining room table to try and get Petey. I was shocked at that but Petey is really a tough guy so I think he can handle this dog. But I really wish I had my little Stardust girl back again. Of course I know it makes me sound kind of batty to care so much about one's pets but I guess that is okay. And thank you all again for understanding, and caring! Quote: Cats are people, too!
Old December 20th, 2004, 06:31 PM
Senior Contributor

Actually, cats are special little people in fur coats! And yes, dogs and cats do grieve. I saw this in my Den-Den when we lost T'Grrr, although Puss actually seemed to rejoice. We love them so much! The amazing thing is that there's no limit to love. No matter how much love you pour into your pets, there is always more left to give. Our pets are like perpetual children, only they never grow up, just get older. It hurts so much when we lose them, yet, for all the pain, weren't the last 22 years well worth it!? Shedding a few tears here with you!
Old December 20th, 2004, 06:34 PM
Senior Contributor

(((((Glassgiel)))))))

I am so very sorry for your loss!

You should just know that you gave her a good and LONG and HAPPY life and concentrate on all the fun things you did with her, all the good memories!

I know what it is like. And crying is good for the soul. We become so close to them that it is often hard to let go. So take care of yourself and allow yourself to mourn!
Old April 5th, 2009, 03:59 AM

this

made me cry.

My sweet little one is 19 and has the same thing wrong with her.. plus she also has kidney disease. I really don't want to get her put down - I can't imagine life without her. I know she's in pain but I just can't bring myself to do it to her.. I figure if she's meant to go she'll go.. y'know? It's been so hard with her the past year or 2, but she really hasn't had a good trot for a while.. it makes me sad to know her time is coming to a close and I wish it didn't have to happen at all and that she'd just recover from it.. but I know it's not going to happen that way.
I don't want to have to call the vet and schedule in a time for them to put her to sleep.. the mere thought of it just makes me break down.
Old April 5th, 2009, 07:35 AM
Senior Contributor

brotagaia I am sorry but,this is a time in your poor kitties and your life,where her pain has to come before your own.
Yes, it's a terribly sad experience,a huge loss,but you will take comfort in knowing she's not in pain anymore.
Most of us here have been through this,it's never easy,but letting her pass on in pain at home is not the right thing to do.
If there is no chance her pain and discomfort will end,you have to do the right thing for her,your final act of love.