Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Introduce yourself here - Say hello

Old November 5th, 2008, 11:18 PM

Smile Another newb... ; ) Ontarian..

I'm from Ontario, Canada and found this forum when I googled for some links and info on the "pit bull" ban here in Ontario. I saw there were A LOT of members from Canada, and Ontario specifically so thought I'd stick around and see what it's like to chat with fellow Canadian dog lovers!

I have a zoo of animals, all rescued in one extreme or another. I guess I'll give the quick bio on all of them (Note, this will be long... I can't seem to keep it short! LOL)

Roxy is a dog. She's the oldest, now 4 years old. An All Canadian, specifically a Rottweiler/Doberman. She came into my life at 6 weeks of age from some friends, of friends of mine parents, that intended to bag them and kill them if they didn't find them homes. She's sassy, full of spunk and loves to work. Trully my heart dog. Loves to learn and excells at almost anything I put in front of her.... She's a major show off too.

Hades is a dog too. A male American Pit Bull Terrier. Now 3 years old. I technically stole Hades from his BYB'er as well as a littermate at 5 weeks old. I intended on rehoming both of them, but ended up keeping him. He's trully a sweetheart, the perfect couch companion but he's no potatoe sack either. He's a hard little worker but doesn't do it because he loves it, he does it all because he loves me and would do anything to please me. A little harder to work with from my training preference, he can frusterate me because he's so darned soft, but his puppy dog eyes always get me.

Ira, Sickey and Mom are a small family of cats we picked up on the side of road last November. Ira and Sickey are the kittens, both males and Mom is well... the Mom. Once again, animals that I intended on helping out (hence the awful names), getting them fixed, then sending them on their way but the bf argued that we couldnt' break the family up... So, here I am with three WILD cats. Must've been meant to be as our whole, odd furry family merged together quite nicely, my dogs never having met cats and the wild cats obviously never living with dogs, yet they all get along famously.

And that's my pack!
Old November 6th, 2008, 01:19 AM

Hi and welcome!
Old November 6th, 2008, 01:27 AM

Hello and welcome. I have a cat we call Big Mama because she was pregnant when we found her and got sooo big. Also Milton who was one of the kittens. My daughter named them all odd names because we also thought we wouldn't have them for long. Of course the names stuck. It sounds like you have a wonderful pack and it's great that they are all rescued. Hope you enjoy the forum.
Old November 6th, 2008, 08:02 AM

Hi and welcome from Zoe, Melvin and I YOu have quite a crew must keep you very busy
Old November 6th, 2008, 09:24 AM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

K9 Love Welcome to the forum and thank you for giving all these poor little ones a wonderful home. ok now i've done the welcomes...ummmm could we get some furfamily pics please, can we, can we huh....
Old November 6th, 2008, 10:08 AM
Senior Contributor

Welcome K9Love - thank you so very much for saving all these wonderful souls. Another to add to our mix!

People are going to start bugging you for pictures.....get ready....
Old November 6th, 2008, 01:01 PM

I'll get some pics together right now

My vet got a new secretary recently and I had to make an appointment for the cats... It was rather embarassing when he read out the cat's name on my file and then asked what in the world made me name them THAT! LOL
Old November 6th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Senior Contributor

Personally I love your pets name. I love Ira....I'm taking it for another foster that comes into rescue...hope you don't mind.
Old November 6th, 2008, 01:55 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Welcome to the forum. You will fit right in. Lots of us have more than a few pets.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old November 6th, 2008, 02:33 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Welcome to the board, K9 Love. We definitely need those pics. You're not really officially a member, y'know, until we've all properly oooooo'd and ahhhhh'd over your babies!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."