Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old May 2nd, 2008, 09:24 AM

Angel Eyes Questions

I am considering ordering the angel eyes product for Abby, and I know a few people here have tried it. I was wondering if there is any problem because it has to come over the border? Is this a liquid or a powder product. Is there any gaurenttes that come with the product? If you felt it you got what you were expecting and how long it lasted for a small bread? ( figure it has been bought for a small breed since larger breeds don't tend to have this problem as much)
Old May 2nd, 2008, 05:12 PM
Senior Contributor

I use Angel Eyes on both of my dogs, one big and one small. My Boston gets mild tear stains and mouth stains and my GSP gets stains on his feet from licking. I've been using it for about three months now with excellent results. Angel Eyes only works for as long as you use it though, so it's something you are supposed to use permanently. I use it very sparingly though and still see results. Instead of the one teaspoon dosage per 10 pound daily dosage, I give 1/4 teaspoon four times a week and it works just fine. It is in powder form. I'm in the US though, so not sure about your questions on shipping and customs. I can get it right through Amazon.com.

Some pet owners have expressed concern over using the product long term as it does contain a mild antibiotic, but so far, studies have shown it to be safe for long term use. But I still use it sparingly anyway. So far, I'm very happy with it!
Old May 2nd, 2008, 09:19 PM
Senior Contributor

You can buy it in Canada. See this thread...

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=48279

Tyra's before and after shots

There ain't no cure for stupid ...... but we should make sure we laugh and point it out to everyone else
Old May 6th, 2008, 10:24 PM

That is amazing. I looked on line for it and saw that a small bottle would probably only last a month....and over a third of the cost is shipping. I was wondering if it is something that you just give the dog for a short period of time, or if it is a life long investment.
Also, is there anything else that a person can use? I thought I read somewhere that there was a home made version...might be mistaken tho
Old May 7th, 2008, 09:45 AM
Senior Contributor

Have you tried giving your pup bottled water instead of tap? I don't know if there is a health reason for the staining, but my Eskie has very clear eyes - only one week of yellow at 7 months - started him on bottled water and a week later eyes were clear. He is now 4.
Old May 7th, 2008, 09:48 AM

Hmmm, I wonder. Our toilet bowls and water dispenser tray are always yellow. Maybe you have something there.
Old May 7th, 2008, 09:57 AM
Senior Contributor

crochetdiva - When my guy's eyes first started to yellow, I googled the problem on the Eskimo specific site and nearly everyone was giving their Eskies the bottled water with great success - as long as of course there wasn't a medical issue. Those with the most obvious results live in the "granite states" in the US. Since then many people in Toronto have told me that they give bottled water as well. And for people who travel and take their dogs with them in the car, they often take a case of the dog's brand of water with them on the road if it isn't available at the end location just to try and avoid tummy upsets. Same with people - while the tap water in Toronto may be safe and the tap water say in Regina may be safe - a person's system often has to go through an adjustment period.