Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old April 26th, 2008, 07:03 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
Yes, I actually just started feeding Legacy, and I don't know what you'd want me to write.
Sorry, I thought you had been feeding it for a while as you said in this thread that you were starting "very shortly".....

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=48018

I'll have to go bug OC Spirit now.
Old April 26th, 2008, 07:04 PM
-

Cute pics, btw, and Core is very handsome. I love his colouring and his freckles.
Old April 26th, 2008, 07:11 PM
Flyball Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
Sorry, I thought you had been feeding it for a while as you said in this thread that you were starting "very shortly".....

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=48018

I'll have to go bug OC Spirit now.
Sorry, I had to wait for it to come in. I'm just starting my second bag.

www.dogster.com/dogs/563959

If you learn one new thing from each person you meet, you will be a fountain of knowledge and your life complete. --Me
Old April 26th, 2008, 07:20 PM
-

Well, it sounds like a "so far so good" situation. I hope it continues to work out well as it's great to have another Canadian grain-free brand available that is made in their own facility.
Old April 26th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Flyball Mom

Yeah, so far so good. I'll have to buy the large bag next time.

If you learn one new thing from each person you meet, you will be a fountain of knowledge and your life complete. --Me
Old April 26th, 2008, 07:31 PM
-

HA HA....for sure, now that you've got two mouths to feed.
Old April 26th, 2008, 07:35 PM
Flyball Mom

Yeah, and he's a good eater. I gave them their food and both of them just scarfed it down, I've never seen her eat so quickly.

Old April 27th, 2008, 12:29 PM
Flyball Mom

Ah, what a morning. LOL

He slept in the evening on top of Willow's kennel, quite comfortably I must say. I don't know where they slept during the night, but nothing got destroyed. She's still following him whenever he moves, she doesn't get it. If he does something she doesn't think is right, she growls at him.

This morning I let them out and she wanted him to play so I let him off the line and no sooner done than he found the only opening in the backyard and off he goes down the street. I'm yelling "Kor, Kor, Kor, JIMMY!!!" he doesn't answer to that either. So, I squat down and make the silly noises that make him come to me in the house and he comes running to me. *whew* Willow ran out front too, but she just stood there staring at us like we were silly and then led us back into the backyard. He was instantly put back on the tether and won't be off it again until we move to my mom's where the yard is fully fenced, or we get that recall.

I just came out of my room and got a big Kor hug (yeah I changed the spelling, I found out the Luck Dragon's name was spelled Falkor not Falcore), he actually jumped up on me and gave me a big kiss. Then Willow went into a play bow and so did he, but as soon as they started to play she got chatty and he ran and hid. She so badly wants him to play tug-o-war but she growls while tugging and this scares him. I guess he'll get the idea eventually.

He's really comfortable, and he seems to know that I'm the one to listen to. OH, and he's already learning "down" (all he currently knows is 'sit' and 'outside').

Old April 27th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Mom of Cody and Nova

I definitely would have had a heart attack when he ran down the street! I'm glad he came back, but that is scary nonetheless. It sounds like the two of them are getting along well, and I'm sure he'll figure out that growling in tug of war = more fun!
Old April 27th, 2008, 04:41 PM
Flyball Mom

Oh, I thought I was gonna puke right there!

He's a smart boy, won't take much time to firgure stuff out. He's figuring out how things are done around here, like when they come in from outside they get a treat, he already comes in and sits for his treat.

It's nice that whenever I look at him or say something to his he wags his tail. He's knocked a few things down with it, I'm not used to having a dog with a tail. LOL

Old April 28th, 2008, 10:37 PM

How did I miss this?

I love BCs

Kor is gorgeous good that he came when called w/silly sounds - that's some recall anyways

Willow & Kor look great together too

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying

Vindication ~ For all those pets who became sick or lost their lives from tainted pet food
Old April 30th, 2008, 08:19 PM
Flyball Mom

They make a cute pair don't they. She knows who I'm talking about when I say his name. Best of all, I caught them wrestling and having a grand ole time this morning.

We're going to take the Radical Recall class to work on the recall. We started him in flyball last night and it didn't work out so well because you can't really do recalls with a dog that doesn'tknow his name.

Old April 30th, 2008, 09:55 PM

He's a BC he'll catch on quick

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying

Vindication ~ For all those pets who became sick or lost their lives from tainted pet food
Old May 1st, 2008, 07:51 PM
Flyball Mom

Oh for sure... he's nearly learned "down" already.

Old May 1st, 2008, 09:28 PM
Mom of Cody and Nova

I had to come look at the pictures again, they are just too cute and I'm still so happy that Kor ended up with you, I really did have my eye on him in the rescue, so now I still get to see him . I really really wish I could get another dog, I've been watching a few in rescue and have their photos pinned to my fridge. If only plans would play out in life like I have them in my head.
Old May 1st, 2008, 09:36 PM
Flyball Mom

Spatx that's awesome!

I really loved how he and Cody were french kissing...LOL Too funny.

Old May 1st, 2008, 09:48 PM
Mom of Cody and Nova

LOL, that was funny Cody loved Kor, the only other dog he kisses like that is a female Border Collie named Maggie that goes to the same park as us. He used to kiss my older dog, but because of his arthritis and medical issues, they no longer interact with each other, but everytime I'm outside I can see Cody wants to play with him. If only my parents would let me adopt another dog.. I still have my hopes that in a few months they may let me, but I don't know. Hehe, its driving me crazy wanting to know if they will say yes or no, but for now I have to wait as patiently as I can... it seems like it would be so easy to send in an application to BCRO, but I can't yet.
Old May 1st, 2008, 09:57 PM
Flyball Mom

I've just posted some more pics of Willow and Kore.

I think I would wait before asking, after all they are taking you an hour away for classes. LOL

Old May 1st, 2008, 10:24 PM
Mom of Cody and Nova

Ohh, I'll have to check out the new pictures.

I completely agree, I'm waiting before asking, as hard as it is. I figure once I learn to drive and have saved up some money it may be fair game, plus I already have my hands full training Cody, lol. Something spooked him on Tuesday and I've never seen him that distracted before, all he wanted to do was get out of the building. It happened about halfway through the class, and I have no idea what set him off. I'm hoping next week will be better as he's doing great at home, but still has a lot of things we need to work on. Once we get a better idea of his problem areas I'm hoping we'll be able to focus on improvement.
Old May 5th, 2008, 09:09 PM
Flyball Mom

Kore had his first class tonight, the Radical Recall class. We mostly worked on attention, and he did really well. He's very smart and I think that's what half of his issues are caused from. I have the most confidence that I can bring this dog around.

See you tomorrow Spatx, I'm sure he'll be fine this week... lots of positive reinforcement.