Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > In the News - Pet related articles and stories in the press > Newspaper Articles of Interest (animal/pet related) from Around the World

Old September 21st, 2004, 03:09 PM

Read if you want to be sick - goldens in need

Well, here's another sad story that rips out your heart. When will it ever end? This time it involved I believe the story states a 'licensed breeder' and many poor, poor golden retrievers. Wrong neighborhood otherwise I would have wondered if her name was Jenn or Stacy.

Many of the survivors still desperately need help and so if you are from Ottawa or Smith Falls-area

http://www.canada.com/ottawa/ottawac...5-7e6d7636e806
Old September 21st, 2004, 04:02 PM

I SAY HANG ER !!!!
Old September 21st, 2004, 04:22 PM
Senior Contributor

What an absolute horror-story,the official says thedogs were not abused Not feeding the dogs properly,keeping them in absolute filth,not abuse
In my book,neglect=abuse...
Poor,poor dogs
Old September 21st, 2004, 04:34 PM
Senior Contributor

give her to me, i would put her in a room and do some really bad things to her, she deserves it, give me half an hour with her, thats all i would need. karma gets us all in the end and hers will be the worst type of karma of all, i honestly hope she rots in hell
Old September 21st, 2004, 05:04 PM
Senior Contributor

Does an eye for an eye sound appropriate. If I got near her I would probably want to kill her, but put her in a feces encrusted cage no food or water and see how long she lasts and dont forget no human contact. Remember you reap what you sow
Old September 22nd, 2004, 02:47 AM
Crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrie
I SAY HANG ER !!!!
Terrie.. HANG her is too good for her!
Old September 22nd, 2004, 04:40 PM

what they need right now is donations money and foster homes for these dogs. none of them are house broken and are afraid of almost every thing. they chew everything as they ate what they could, walls- plastic anything they could find.they have been investigating them for at least two years but the neighours would not cooperate with authorities
Old September 22nd, 2004, 05:29 PM
Kitty Mum

Angry

Pug Lover -

I was just going to put this article in here! I am so glad to see that someone got to it before me. I had someone from work pass this paper to me yesterday when I got into my office because everyone there knows how much of a pet lover I am. I started to cry at my desk without any shame and the man I sit next to felt so horrible. Me crying is not what is horrible what happened to these dogs/pups is. I have already donated the money that I could. I am thinking about starting a donation cup for them at my office - but I do not know how to start. I am still thinking on how to propose this. We have a charity for children that we put into. We receive free beverages for the company's employees. What we do is everytime we take a drink from the fridge we put .50 in the jar. With the variety of juices, water and pop it really adds up at the end of every month! Everyone is always going to that fridge to quench their thirst and helping lives at the same time. I just need to figure out how to do something like that for these poor dogs. Any suggestions that I could put out there to the head honcho of my office would be much appreciated. I keep thinking of different ways but none of them are any good. I want to help, but I always have the hardest time getting started.

Those poor pups really need the help of their human(e) companions right now. There are 57 dogs and any kind of donation - not just money - is really needed right now. A forever loving home would be the best gift of all though.

I just cannot believe that this womans license was not revoked and that they let her keep 25 dogs - that is just the extra cherry on top! What were they thinking! She is going to make up what she just lost in no time!!!