Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Closed Thread

Old September 6th, 2004, 07:06 AM
charlieboy
Guest (limited permissions)

Lost Siberian Husky - FOUND

undefinedundefinedundefined

I am searching for my 26 month old red and white male siberian husky. he went missing on the second of April this year and is greatly missed by us all. His cousin hasnt stopped crying since he disappeared. He runs to the escape route first thing everyday as soon as he gets outside hoping to see Charlie there.
Charlie was 45 pounds when he left. he was unaltered and has amber colored eyes with erect ears and curved upward tail. he is extremely friendly and loves to go in the car. He likes children and does like to chase other animals but to date hasnt ever hurt any of them.
Wont you please help us become reunited with him again?? there is a REWARD in a very large amount for the safe return of him to us with no questions asked!!!

Last edited by charlieboy; September 8th, 2004 at 12:36 PM. Reason: adding a photo
Old September 6th, 2004, 10:46 AM
Sadie's Chefomatic

I would simply just state 'reward'

Please post pictures

Where are you located (city)and where has the dog been missing from (city)?
Is this dog microchipped? What efforts have you already done? Is this a urban area or rural?

WHY is he not neutered? Thats awful. You do realize that someone may be holding your beloved husky in a cage and use it for breeding, where it could be neglected, malnourished, sick and afraid.

These are some of the dangers of not altering your pet, there is NO excuse!!!

IF and When you get your dog back your main priority should be neutering.
Old September 8th, 2004, 01:26 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

This is really funny considering the initial post didn't indicate your dog was a SHOW DOG!! So why do you send me a private message stating this? Instead of clarifying it on the post??? Don't worry I'll post your mesg for everyone to see, so there is no misunderstanding now. And by the way it's not up to me to ask so many questions, I just opted to...and you obviously could have provided more information and even a picture but you haven't. Why don't you focus your negative energy on trying to find your beloved show ring dog.

Quote:
charlieboy
Junior Member Join Date: Sep 2004

Reply to the horrid comments you left

FYI
My dog for your information isnt altered for a darn good reason!!! It is called the SHOW RING. Perhaps something that you are obviously not familiar with at all. I do not appreciate your rude and uncalled for comments on his unaltered status!!

I would be much more willing to share a ton of information on the website however due to the total lack of care and concern on your part I am more then ready to tell you and the webmaster where to go. I can not imagine someone in your position to be so rude and hurtful especially before taking note of our individual situation and asking any questions before lashing out with such inappropriate remarks and uncalled for comments.

Think before opening your mouth next time, You certainly get more flies with honey then vinegar. I surely hope to heck you never loose your animal because with your attitude towards innocent people no one will be willing to help you!!!!
Old September 8th, 2004, 02:25 PM
Senior Contributor

We are always willing to help but if you would post all the info it would be a lot easier. You have to understand a lot of us deal with rescues day in and day out, a lot of these dogs are born to BYB and Puppymills and if people other than Breeders and people's show dogs there is no reason not to neuter/spay. So give all the facts up front and post a picture, does he have a tattoo and if so where? We don't want the number posted but it will be helpful if we do find a dog fitting his description.
Old September 9th, 2004, 11:38 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luba
This is really funny considering the initial post didn't indicate your dog was a SHOW DOG!! So why do you send me a private message stating this? Instead of clarifying it on the post??? Don't worry I'll post your mesg for everyone to see, so there is no misunderstanding now. And by the way it's not up to me to ask so many questions, I just opted to...and you obviously could have provided more information and even a picture but you haven't. Why don't you focus your negative energy on trying to find your beloved show ring dog.

WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU TALK LIKE THAT TO LUBA SHE IS ONE OF THE NICEDT PEOPLE ON HERE. SHE IS CONCERNED BECAUSE ALOT OF PEOPLE COME ON HERE WITH MISSING ANIMLAS AND THEY ARE NOT FIXED AND THEY DO NOT CARE AND THAN WHEN THE PET COMES HOME WE HAVE 100 NEW PUPPIES TO PILL INTO A SHLETHER. YOU SHOULD HAVE STATED ALL THAT INFO IN THE BEGINNING. AND THAT IS AWFUL TO SAY YOU HOPE SHE LOOSES HER DOG. JUST FOR THAT I HOPE THAT YOUR DOG FINDS A GOOD HOME AND THE PEOPLE WILL FIX HIM AND HE WILL NOT HAVE TO LIVE WITH YOU ANYMORE BECUASE SOMEONE THAT IS THAT MEAN DOES NOT DESERVE AN ANIMAL.

Proud mommy to...
Meat Loaf (Brittany Spaniel) 13 months
CryBaby (5 years old)living with grandpa now
Chino (Doberman mix) 7 months old
2 new kittens (8 weeks old) Felix and Gizmo
Old September 9th, 2004, 12:04 PM
Senior member - formerly Lezzerpezzer

missing husky

Hi there. I am fairly new to this board too, and I personally think you should cut "Charlieboy" some slack and not make assumptions about the sexual status of anyone's dog/cat on this site. Charlieboy did not join in to ask for help only to be berated about the fact that her dog is still intact, rather, he/she, (further referred to as "she"; pls don't be offended if you are male, Charlieboy!), is a distressed owner who was seeking assistance en masse to locate her dog! If you look at her status, it clearly states that she is a "junior", and this may very well have been her first visit to this forum, and with all likelyhood, her last, as you have not welcomed her or offered any kind assistance whatsoever. Instead, some of you seasoned "regulars" have slammed her unnecessarily.

Had I lost my pet, I may not have known exactly what information is required when posting for assistance in locating it. In fact, I would have likely missed some pertinent information, at which point, I would have gladly replied with any information ommitted, but not if you had bombarded me with rudeness in my time of sorrow and need for help. Tsk Tsk.

Charlieboy, good luck in your search for your dog. Let's try this again. Where do you live? Is there any other information you can give about your dog to help us find him?
Old September 9th, 2004, 12:34 PM

The original poster did not make clear why his/her dog was unaltered, and with the previlence (sp?) of puppy mills and BYB, it was a certain fact that a question regarding neuter status would happen.

Luba was certainly justified in stating her dissatisfaction at the unaltered state of the dog without knowing WHY the dog is as it is.

New to the forums, as I am myself, is no reason for an unclear post. If I said "unspayed Seal Point Cat lost" I would expect concerned people to be upset.

I think the two of you owe Luba an apology for jumping down her throat.

At any rate, CharlieBoy, good luck in finding your lost little guy. I would check with neighbours. If any of them know of unspayed females in the area, that's where I'd check first. Local shelters would be next on my list.
Old September 9th, 2004, 12:34 PM
Senior Contributor

If her dog is a show dog she could have stated it and maybe posted a picture or directed us to a site that had one. You do realize that most people on here deal with BYB and dogs that need resucing. We are not breeders or show people, and believe that dogs and cats need to be neutered or spayed. Luba would not have jumped all over them if she stated all the facts and did not send back a really rude email
Old September 9th, 2004, 02:39 PM
Senior Contributor

Who do you think needs to tell Luba they are sorry????

Proud mommy to...
Old September 9th, 2004, 02:47 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

Oh my goodness I've been supported Thanks guys (hugs)

It would have been very simple for this person to say 'oh I'm sorry I didn't clarify but my dog competes in shows and is required under procedure to be unaltered..blah blah blah'

This person hasn't come back so I am assuming that their pride is larger then the desire to get this dog back unfortunately.

However rude you were to me is irrelevant. Please post a picture of your dog and state where it's tattoo is located.

Many of us on here work in rescue and can help you cross post your information.
Old September 9th, 2004, 03:58 PM
Senior Contributor

Luba that is what friends are for we are always here for you like you have been there for me a MILLION times.

Proud mommy to...
Old September 9th, 2004, 11:47 PM
charlieboy

Very uneducated rescuers as you claim to be

First off>>>

Luba, My very sad and very very hurt 13 year old daughter did this post completely on her own while waiting me return from a funeral!!!Obviously she stumbled upon this place in searching for her own missing husky.

Second of all We have been showing these dogs and rescuing all Nordic bred dogs for a total of 15 years now and unlike you folks whom have all day to chat, we are out working our fannies off trying to find the rightful owners of these dogs, puppies , and unborn fetus' with no prejudices to their sexual status and or any other parts but merely to find their owner of record and see to it that they are well feed exercised and groomed and given the love and affection and time that they each need in order to mature into loveable life long companions. I totally was floored to read your attack about his sexual status.

Third of all you claim to be a rescuer, Well then you of all folks should know that in telling the entire world he is a show dog only alerts the not so bright and honest folks of this and then they think they are sitting on a gold mine and we would never see him again, Puppymills and backyard breeders and even fighting rings with pits and other agressive dogs as bait. Not everyone is honest and hell the reward amount ought to interest even the dirtiest of the dirt bags to at least call or make some sort of notion that he is near by.
Old September 9th, 2004, 11:57 PM
charlieboy

Angry Continuing on with number four

I am very surprised that you would even think to give a new poster such a hard time, I thought that these chats were supposed to be for support and some assistance in relocating ones animals and answering some questions that one may have. Why am I so shocked to see that it clearly stated JUNIOR user and then she is attacked??

I will have to hand it to my daughter on this one as she is much much more mature then I have ever given her credit for,( as I ) after what you had replied to her with would have told you where to go!!! SHe was in tears last night and I couldnt think of anything except that she was just thinking about Charlie again as we all have done everyday since 4/02/04!!

Then she showed me what a nice posting that she struggled through to post and didnt know how to upload photos as she never has before, I couldnt understand why someone would be so rude and terribly hurtful especially to a junior member.

I am glad that you are not a member of the four rescue groups in Northern California that we belong to, you would give far to much information to the general public making it far less possible to become reunited again!!!

thanks to the rest whom supported my child in this time of need and we all greatly appreciate your kind words and thoughts. She is a JUNIOR please try to remember this in future postings.
Photos are available upon request only to Searchin4Charlie@aol.com
Old September 10th, 2004, 09:28 AM
Senior Contributor

Your 13 year daughter is certainly very articulate and well-spoken!

I just have to comment on this:
Quote:
Well then you of all folks should know that in telling the entire world he is a show dog only alerts the not so bright and honest folks of this and then they think they are sitting on a gold mine and we would never see him again,
As someone who shows your dogs, you must know that without his papers, he is just an another dog,(how could they prove he is a show dog?) and that the kind of people who would find, keep and breed someone's else's dog don't really care if he is a show dog or not. All they see is a beautiful intact purebred, and that translates into $$$
Old September 10th, 2004, 09:37 AM
Senior Contributor

Everything said and done,I certainly hope you find your dog,red and white Huskies are so beautiful,show-dog or not..
Gone since April,it's a long time and I am hoping if someone took him in,they did it for the right reason,but I still hope you'll get him back.
Old September 10th, 2004, 12:14 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

Seems to me you have a lot of time on your hands

So are you so indicating that the private mesg I rec'd was from a 13 year old??

Wonderful that your pride has taken over the search for this dog which has been missing since April.

I would like to know how someone else can benefit from showing a dog w/o papers? Hmmm little strange.

Huskies are no stranger to shelters there are hundreds of them in shelters across North America. A simple question about the dog being unaltered should never have turned into 'it's all about me me me'! This really makes me wonder how interested you indeed are at finding this dog.

The reality is the dog could be anywhere and since I'm sure you know your breed well you know what great distances they can cover especially if following the scent of an intact female.

It's very unfortunate this dog got loose, because I'm sure there is probably atleast one litter of mixed breed dogs out there that you are now responsible for bringing into this world. Now THAT'S a job well done on your part isn't it!

I still see no picture so again this thread has turned into a 'me' (meaning YOU thread)

www.petfinder.com
Lost and found
Old September 10th, 2004, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieboy
Luba, My very sad and very very hurt 13 year old daughter did this post completely on her own while waiting me return from a funeral!!!Obviously she stumbled upon this place in searching for her own missing husky.
Another 13 year old/mistaken identity post? Haven't we heard this song a couple of times before??
Old September 10th, 2004, 02:58 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Haven't we heard this song a couple of times before??
Yep. We have.
Old September 10th, 2004, 08:35 PM

Sometimes I can't believe what I see written here. The person came here looking for help finding their lost dog. Once again it turns into a battle. Come on!
Old September 10th, 2004, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Writing4Fun
Another 13 year old/mistaken identity post? Haven't we heard this song a couple of times before??

And what if its not????
Old September 10th, 2004, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenmom
And what if its not????
What if it's not a troll? If it truly is a 13 year old child who began this post looking for her lost dog, then I feel very sorry for her and her dog, and I hope they find him soon. I understand that people can get "touchy" in times of stress like these, and that might be why both she and her mother responded so confrontationally.

You have to admit, though, that there seem to be A LOT of distraught 13-year-olds posting here and then turning very insulting in later posts, only to be exposed as trolls. Any wonder folks would get a little suspicious?
Old September 10th, 2004, 11:51 PM

There was a post here by Bugsy, that was deleted, about Charlie being on Petfinder. It was posted at 10:16 pm.

Can someone tell me why it was deleted?

Heather
Old September 11th, 2004, 12:12 AM
banned user

Hi GoldenMom

I to originally felt bad for the 13 year old that lost her dog. So much so that I spend an hour after reading it searching rescue sites in California "just in case". Then I came across the Petfinder ad.... Which kind of upset me. So I deleted my posting.

Who puts up "HOT WIRE FENCING" . So in all honesty...my theory was " Maybe (hopefully) he found a
a GOOD home."

So now I'll just sit tight and wait for Charlieboy's backlash.

Here is the Petfinder Ad

768310- Dog:Siberian Husky
vacaville,CA 707-449-0213 staci Searchin4Charlie@aol.com 09-04-2004
Name: Charlie
Sex:M
Size:M
I am a medium (unaltered at time of disappearence) red and white male husky with amber to brownish colored eyes and erect ears and a curved upward tail. I am very friendly and miss my family terribly. I have a cousin only 6 months younger then myself and I miss him very dearly!! My human mother says that the children are devastated and so is she. There is a very large REWARD for my safe return only. I disappeared on 4/02/04 from my own well fenced off property by pulling down the hot wire fencing. Then my momma thinks that I was immediately picked up at the bottom of our dirt road. I really miss everyone in my family very much and want to see their loving faces again..WONT YOU PLEASE HELP ME and MY FAMILY?? Photos are available on www.Shrrca.com under the lost section he is the first one listed. Thanks very much.
Old September 11th, 2004, 06:18 AM

Don't ever assume, criticize, or condemn anyone for any reason without first asking for clarification.

I don't know about the Hot Wire Fencing, but maybe they live on a big property where they need that to keep the wild animals out, not in. Ask them why they have it and the purpose. Easy as that...

A simple "Can I ask why your dog was not neutered" would have prevented this entire post.

I feel bad for this person and their family and then coming here for help and getting bashed.
Old September 11th, 2004, 11:40 AM
banned user

Hi GoldenMom

You are right. I cannot control my thoughts though just my actions. This is why I had deleted that post originally.
Old September 11th, 2004, 11:57 AM
Senior Contributor

Bugsy, a "hot wire" is just used to keep livestock on their property, and it's also useful for dogs who are escape artists/runners. It's just an electric wire that runs along the top of bottom of a fence. Nothing inhumane about it!
Old September 11th, 2004, 12:56 PM
Administrator - Pet lover

Charlie was found

At the request of an upset Charlieboy, this thread is closed and Charlieboy's membership terminated.

Good news is Charlie was found.
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter
Closed Thread