Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Thank you - Heros big and small

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 7th, 2004, 10:44 PM

This Forum....

I have always loved animals and have often been told that I have a big heart because I am always trying to help animals in one way or another. I even wrote my research paper for my college english class on Animal Rights.....I was innocently searching the web one day and came accross pets.ca....This forum is the best thing that has ever happend to me. I am in awe at the fact that so many of you are just like me....You love and care for your pets in a way that so many have forgotten...I am constantly on rescue sites reading about abandoned animals and thinking, "doesn't anyone believe in commitment to their animals?!?" I read about a malamute rescued by the Alaskan Malamute Help Legue. She was 9 months old and taken to her vet to be euthanized because she was too big, or they got bored....the vet called the Help League and they rescued her. A lady I know that volunteers with me for the Animal Rescue Foundation was fostering a dog, and she had 2 of her own. One is a boston terrier and the other is a mini schnauzer. She and her husband wanted to keep the one they were fostering, and gave up the schnauzer....How can people do that? You can;t just trade them in when something better comes along!! They're animals, not cars!!! I love my dogs more than ANYTHING and I would sell my kidney on the black market to save them...and then I hear about people just dumping them....I am so glad to have found this forum where I can be open, honest, and best of all, UNDERSTOOD. I just wish I could do more....Thank you all for being such great pet owners....I'm so thankful to all of you who care enough to open yourselves up to these creatures that can not speak for themselves.....God bless you all!!!!!