Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old September 28th, 2007, 10:22 PM

Exclamation Found Husky - Welland/Pelham

Found a male NON neutered husky dog running free on Rice road in Pelham, Ontario. Fairly young. Found with a prong collar and a short lead leash (owner should be able to describe this leash). If you think this is your dog please call (905) 892 1036 or e-mail allycatz_ca(at)hotmail.com. He's fine, just a bit shaken up I think. Will post an image tomorrow as I can't seem to locate my usb cord. Anyway, until then here is a description: he has a black body with a predominantly white tail... white underbelly and white chest. His ears are black on the outside and white inside. His face is white in a 'w' pattern (if you understand what I mean! haha). He also has a few broken lines of black in the middle of the 'w'. Blue eyes. He knows how to sit and shake a paw. Very sweet dog.

Last edited by allycatz; September 29th, 2007 at 02:24 AM. Reason: added a physical description
Old September 29th, 2007, 12:35 AM
-

It sounds like he got loose from someone if he has a lead on. I certainly hope he wasn't tied out on a short one. Did you contact the SPCA/shelters/pound in your area to let them know in case they get a call from someone.
Old September 29th, 2007, 02:21 AM

Have contacted all the appropriate people, including the local police. ha ha He must have pulled free during a walk or something. He's quite upset and has cried a fair amount. Explaining why I am up at such a late hour. Poor little guy misses his family. Hopefully someone has seen one of the many ads I have posted online and will call in the morning. Otherwise I think I'll be printing up some posters! Thanks for the concern.
Old September 29th, 2007, 02:46 AM
-

I am so glad that he has you to take care of him for now.....thank you. I have a definite soft spot for Siberian Huskies.
Old September 29th, 2007, 08:05 AM
Senior Contributor

Allycatz,so glad he found you,hopefully a VERY greatful owner will surface..I took part in catching a runaway Husky this Sunday,luckily the owner was found.
Please keep us updated!
Old September 29th, 2007, 11:34 AM

Owners came and picked him up just now! Theres one happy little boy out there right now! haha Thanks for the interest and support! I was worried that I would have to bring him to the Spca as he kept trying to mate with my 13 year old neutered male collie!! Eeek! haha
Old September 29th, 2007, 06:42 PM
-

WOO HOO....I love happy endings. Thank you for taking him in and finding his owner.

And, btw, welcome to pets.ca and I hope you decide to stick around. We'd love to see pics of your collie.
Old September 30th, 2007, 07:37 AM
Senior Contributor

great news!!
I hate to think of any animal lost,but then there are caring people like you,good stuff!!