Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old September 4th, 2007, 09:03 PM

Lost Devon Rex Cat in Pointe Claire

Lost Devon rex cat. His name is Peedy and he looks like a curly haired brown Siamese cat. He was lost in Pointe Claire, Quebec while being babysat by the in-laws. He is an indoor cat and a little skittish around strangers. He is my best bud and I desperately want to have him back safe at home. My daughter and our other cat are lost without him. He has a green collar with a bell and a yellow message holder that I fear may have opened and the identification inside may have fallen out. Please call 450-424-0754. Also, please check your sheds and garages, my worst fear is that he may be trapped somewhere. Thanks everyone!

Last edited by Larajessica; September 6th, 2007 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Update
Old September 4th, 2007, 09:35 PM
-

I'm so sorry to hear about your cat. that he is safely returned to you very soon. Do you have a picture of him you can post ?
Old September 4th, 2007, 09:59 PM

Thank you

I do have a pic of Peedy but I didn't find anywhere on the page to upload a photo. Maybe you could tell me. Thanks.
Old September 4th, 2007, 10:28 PM
Senior Contributor

When you get on the reply page, scroll down to 'manage attachments', click and browse for your picture. A picture can't be more than 100 KB so you may have to re-size it.

If he is an indoor cat, I'm betting he hasn't gone far; have you been calling for him? Early morning and after dark are the best times, when there are fewer people around and he can hear you.
How long has he been gone?

Here are some websites you can post on:

http://www.petfinder.com/post/classifiedhop.html
http://www.leuleu.qc.ca/
http://www.sergev.com/francais/frampfr.htm
http://www.canadastrays.com/search/...rov=QC&type=cat
http://www.flealess.org/lostpets/quebec.html
http://www.animalrescuenetwork.org/i...lay?PageID=991
http://www.rapt-lfpn.org/en/accueil.html

You could also fax his picture to vets in your area and put up flyers. I wouldn't mention the amount of the reward, there are some crafty people out there.
Old September 5th, 2007, 02:18 AM
-

I'm sorry to hear about Peedy. I hope he is safely reunited with you soon.
Old September 5th, 2007, 12:20 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Was he at the in-laws house when he got out or at home? He is probably not far, and the best time to look for him will be very early morning or late evening when everything is very quiet. A scared cat may not come out even if it hears it's owners calling. He may be coming out at night wondering why you aren't letting him in.

You can try putting a box outside with some of his stuff in there and see if he goes in at night.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Old September 6th, 2007, 12:40 PM

My lost little man, Peedy

Here is a picture of my little man. I've been going to my in-laws everynight when it's quiet to call for him. Whenever he has gotten out before he has always come to me when I've called him. He is either definitely lost, because he doesn't know the area, or he is caught somewhere and can't get out. I'm canvassing with pictures and doing all the stuff you guys suggest. Thanks for the support.
Attached Images

Old September 6th, 2007, 12:50 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Poor little guy! Do your inlaws live far from you, he may be trying to find his way back home!
Old September 6th, 2007, 02:38 PM
Senior Contributor

From where he got lost to your home is quite the distance. I still think that he is either in the area or someone brought him in. Is there alot of traffic in the area that he got out.

I don't live far from your inlaws live. Please let me know if you need people to search. I called your sister in law and she knows my number....I won't mind coming out at night to help you look.
:sad: You might want to call the city and see if anyone has picked up a hit and run victim...I hope he's just hiding and afraid to come out.
Old September 7th, 2007, 09:53 PM

advice I once got

Hello--

I'm new to this site-- was just checking the web about Devon Rex's and came across your ad. I'm getting a Devon shortly so that's why the interest. I feel for you!
Anyway--
My cat got lost after we moved a few years ago, and some great advice I received from a vet was to put a well-worn (slept-in?) shirt outside in the yard, in case he was within a few blocks but lost, it was possible that my cat would be able to follow the scent and know where home was. I'm not sure how accurate that is but after a few frantic days, and my slept in shirt hanging outside-- he appeared again! Looking scared and happy to see us.
I just wanted to share that because it worked for me.
I really hope you find your cat soon.
Old September 17th, 2007, 06:33 PM

Peedy Is BACK!!!!!

I did the worn shirt thing and also brought over one of his blankets and put them both out on my in-laws' deck. A day and a half later he showed up at their doorstep. I really think he was lost and your advice helped him smell his way back. Thank you!!!! He's a little thin and was dirty but definitely his old self. He was gone for 2 weeks and I just wish we had a "Peedy Cam" to know where he's been this whole time. We are so blessed for such a happy ending and I want to thank all of you for your support and great advice. You guys rock!!!
Attached Images

Old September 17th, 2007, 06:52 PM
Senior Contributor

What a relief it must be.....peedy peedy where were you???? well glad all worked out.
Old September 17th, 2007, 07:38 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

I am so glad he is back. Another person found their cat after a few weeks by keeping a box with his stuff in it outside. They found him in the box one night.
Old September 17th, 2007, 09:08 PM
Administrator - Pet lover

Gosh we love happy stories! So happy you found little P! I lost one of my furbabies a few years back for only 36 hours and went batty...so I know how scary it is.

Thanks for the great advice and support offered
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter
Old September 18th, 2007, 11:31 PM

Smile

I am very happy to read that you found your Peedy! I know how special the rex cat is, so sensitive and attached to their family and vice versa. I have a sphynx and I really felt for your loss and prayed you would find him. This is wonderful news. Welcome Home Peedy! Thank you for sharing!

What a great (and effective) idea about the worn clothing to put out for the scent.