Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum > Tech talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old September 12th, 2007, 11:09 AM
breeze's Avatar
breeze breeze is offline
Half Way To Crazy
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 10,716
using more than one quote in a post??

I have always wondered how people quote so many quote in one reply??

I have seen the icon on the bottom right but I still can't figure it out :sad:
I tired yesterday but failed.

Can someone guide me on how to do this??
__________________
Have a heart that never hardens, and a temper that never tires, and a touch that never hurts."
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old September 12th, 2007, 11:31 AM
mummummum's Avatar
mummummum mummummum is offline
-
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: The Hammer
Posts: 8,535
You do it in a series of cut and pastes.

Go to the first post you want to quote. Click on Quote. When in the reply dialogue box, "copy" the quote including the [quote] [ /quote] (not sure how you do it in Vista, I either right click to get a menu or use my browser's edit function). Either click on back or just close the reply dialogue box. Go to the next post you want to quote, click on Quote. In the reply dialogue box, the 2nd quote is already visible. Put your cursor before the 2nd quote [Quote] thingy (I like to put a line between the two by hitting enter) and "paste" (again, I'm not sure how Vista works but I have to either right click or use my browser Edit function) your first quote in place. And so on and so on.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old September 12th, 2007, 12:10 PM
marko's Avatar
marko marko is offline
Administrator - Pet lover
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Montreal Quebec Canada
Posts: 11,018
This is just a test for the new multiquote feature
__________________
Please tactfully EDUCATE or IGNORE posters you don't agree with.
Please PM me & Include URLs and post #'s for any issues and it's my pleasure to help.
I'm firm - but fair. Mind the Rules and enjoy your stay.
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old September 12th, 2007, 12:12 PM
marko's Avatar
marko marko is offline
Administrator - Pet lover
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Montreal Quebec Canada
Posts: 11,018
There is also the new multiquote feature, that we've had trouble with in the past...but seems to be working now. We wanted to test it with some new code we'll be adding soon but since this thread came up, here goes:

The icon at the bottom right of the reply box (attached here at the very bottom of this post) is the multi-quote button. If you click on more than one of those icons (ie one from member a, one from member b etc.) and THEN click the post reply button, you can quote multiple people.

As a test I did it in this very post with the quoted posts below my text here.

Hope that helps,

Marko



Quote:
Originally Posted by marko View Post
This is just a test for the new multiquote feature
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze View Post
I have always wondered how people quote so many quote in one reply??

I have seen the icon on the bottom right but I still can't figure it out :sad:
I tired yesterday but failed.

Can someone guide me on how to do this??
Attached Images
 
__________________
Please tactfully EDUCATE or IGNORE posters you don't agree with.
Please PM me & Include URLs and post #'s for any issues and it's my pleasure to help.
I'm firm - but fair. Mind the Rules and enjoy your stay.
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old September 12th, 2007, 12:16 PM
breeze's Avatar
breeze breeze is offline
Half Way To Crazy
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 10,716
[QUOTE=mummummum;476957]You do it in a series of cut and pastes.

Go to the first post you want to quote. Click on Quote. When in the reply dialogue box, "copy" the quote including the [quote] [ /quote] (not sure how you do it in Vista, I either right click to get a menu or use my browser's edit function). Either click on back or just close the reply dialogue box. Go to the next post you want to quote, click on Quote. In the reply dialogue box, the 2nd quote is already visible. Put your cursor before the 2nd quote
Quote:
thingy (I like to put a line between the two by hitting enter) and "paste" (again, I'm not sure how Vista works but I have to either right click or use my browser Edit function) your first quote in place. And so on and so on.
Hope this works

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko View Post
This is just a test for the new multiquote feature
This is a test from Breeze to see if it works... keeping my fingures crossed
__________________
Have a heart that never hardens, and a temper that never tires, and a touch that never hurts."
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old September 12th, 2007, 12:19 PM
breeze's Avatar
breeze breeze is offline
Half Way To Crazy
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 10,716
It does It does

<--------- Breeze doing the happy dance

thanks Marko and MX3 this is a very cool feature
__________________
Have a heart that never hardens, and a temper that never tires, and a touch that never hurts."
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old September 12th, 2007, 02:14 PM
rainbow's Avatar
rainbow rainbow is offline
-
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Beautiful BC's Kootenay Country
Posts: 34,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko View Post
There is also the new multiquote feature, that we've had trouble with in the past...but seems to be working now. We wanted to test it with some new code we'll be adding soon but since this thread came up, here goes:

The icon at the bottom right of the reply box (attached here at the very bottom of this post) is the multi-quote button. If you click on more than one of those icons (ie one from member a, one from member b etc.) and THEN click the post reply button, you can quote multiple people.

As a test I did it in this very post with the quoted posts below my text here.

Hope that helps,

Marko
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze View Post
It does It does

<--------- Breeze doing the happy dance

thanks Marko and MX3 this is a very cool feature

WOO HOO....I did it too and I'm quite computer challenged.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old September 12th, 2007, 02:15 PM
rainbow's Avatar
rainbow rainbow is offline
-
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Beautiful BC's Kootenay Country
Posts: 34,759
Just wanted to say THANKS MARKO .....that neew feature certainly saves alot of cutting and pasting.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old September 12th, 2007, 02:16 PM
breeze's Avatar
breeze breeze is offline
Half Way To Crazy
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 10,716
isn't great.. what a great thing to have. now we don't have to copy and paste copy and paste...


no if only someone could come up with something to help me spell
__________________
Have a heart that never hardens, and a temper that never tires, and a touch that never hurts."
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old September 12th, 2007, 09:28 PM
growler~GateKeeper's Avatar
growler~GateKeeper growler~GateKeeper is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 17,277
I love this function thanks Marko!!
__________________
Avoid biting when a simple growl will do

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying

Vindication ~ For all those pets who became sick or lost their lives from tainted pet food
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Terms of Use

  • All Bulletin Board Posts are for personal/non-commercial use only.
  • Self-promotion and/or promotion in general is prohibited.
  • Debate is healthy but profane and deliberately rude posts will be deleted.
  • Posters not following the rules will be banned at the Admins' discretion.
  • Read the Full Forum Rules

Forum Details

  • Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
    vBulletin Optimisation by vB Optimise (Reduced on this page: MySQL 7.69%).
  • All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:14 AM.