Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old May 11th, 2003, 07:37 AM

Unhappy Lost grey cat in Montreal

I lost my grey cat in Verdun on April 30. She has nice white markings, pink nose, whitish belly, striped tail. She is spayed, has all claws, was wearing a white flea collar, is very timid. I miss her more than I can express!
Attached Images

Old May 11th, 2003, 01:10 PM

keep on hoping~!

Don't give up hope that you will find her! My cat was gone for 8 days and she came back... and she was always an indoor cat. Cats know thier scent and always come back home. Also, i know the greif that you feel!! i was so sad and depressed when i couldn't find my kitty. Best of luck in finding her!
Old May 11th, 2003, 07:01 PM

Unhappy

Thanks. How did you find your cat? How far away from home was she/he? What were the circumstances of his disappearance?
Old May 11th, 2003, 08:39 PM

Unhappy about my cat

My cat disappeared on April 29th, when my mom opened the door to throw out some garbage at like 1 am (really not good idea, she won't do it again!) and my cat ran outside, when my mom went to grab her she ran under the porch... being 1 am.. my mom couldn't see anything, she called the cat but she didn't come.. my mom just hopped she'd stay there the night.. but when she went to get her in the morning she was gone.

What we did next is notify most of our neighbours that she was missing, and they said they'd keep and eye open for her, we called the humane society, animal control and any local vet hospitals. And we went around the neighbourhood shaking her food and calling her name. If you haven't done these yet, then you should soon!!

On May 8th, we were sitting on our porch and my brother heard a faint meow.. we didnt hear anything so we assumed her had made it up. Then i heard one.. my mom thought we were going crazy... and then last of all my mom heard so we started calling her name and the more we called the louder the meows got.. then she just appeared from under the porch. We have no idea if she was there the whole time (which we don't think she was cuz ppl had seen her in the neighbourhood) so we just assume that she found her scent and came home on her own. Other than loosing a little weight, she's safe and sound.

I do hope that the same happy ending happens for you. Most cats get at least 1 adventure in their lives.. but i hope your cat is safe and saound somewhere. I know it's really sad when you don't know where she is.. but don't give up hope that she will come back. And i hope the advice helps too