You Know You Grew Up In The 80's If:
1. You've ever ended a sentence with the word "SIKE".
2. You can sing the rap to the "Fresh Prince of BelAir" and can do the
3. Girls wore biker shorts under their skirts and felt stylishly sexy.
4. Two words: Hammer Pants.
5. You wore a ponytail on the side of your head.
6. You made your mom buy one of those clips that would hold your shirt in a knot on the side.
7. You wore stonewashed Jordache jean jackets and were proud of it.
8. L.A. Gear....need I say more?
9. You remember reading "Tales of a fourth grade nothing" and all the
10. You know the profound meaning of "WAX ON, WAX OFF".
11. You ever wore fluorescent clothing. (some of us...head-to-toe).
12. You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off and his cheeks shifted.
13. You still get the urge to say "NOT" after every sentence.
14. You ever owned a pair of Jelly-Shoes. (and probably in neon colors,
15. After you saw Pee-Wee's Big Adventure you kept saying "I know you are, but what am I?"
16. You remember "I've fallen and I can't get up".
17. You remember going to the skating rink before there were inline skates.
18. You ever got seriously injured on a Slip and Slide.
19. You have ever played with a Skip-It.
20. You had or attended a birthday party at McDonalds. (more like Roy
Rogers or Burger King).
21. You've gone through this nodding your head in agreement.
22. "Don't worry, be happy".
23. You wore like, EIGHT pairs of socks over tights with high top Reeboks.
24. You wore socks scrunched down (and sometimes still do...getting yelled at by "younger hip" members of the family).
25. You remember boom boxes.
26. You remember Alf, the lil furry brown alien from Melmac.
27. You remember New Kids on the Block when they were cool.
28. You know all the words to Bon Jovi - SHOT THROUGH THE HEART.
29. You just sang those words to yourself.
30. You remember watching Magic vs. Bird. (Oh yeah............it will never
be that good again).
31. Homemade Levi shorts.. (the shorter the better).
32. You remember when mullets were cool!
33. You had a mullet!
34. You still sing "We are the World".
35. You tight rolled your jeans.
36. You owned a banana clip.
37. You remember "Where's the Beef?"
38. You used to (and probably still do) say "What you talkin' about
39. You had big hair and you knew how to use it.
40. You're still singing Shot through the Heart in your head, aren't you!!!
TO ALL OF THOSE WHO GREW UP IN THE 80's.....ROCK ON!!!
Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyways. ~John Wayne