Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 9th, 2003, 02:09 PM

Can anyone tell me what is going on with my cat? Has anyone experienced the same?

I have a 7 month old female cat who was healthy as could be when I got her at 8 weeks. She has had all her shots , the first one was a bit much for her and she shook all day .
For the past month she has displayed what the vet calls upper respiratory problems. I got some amoxicilin to give her, which I did. It didn't work. I called the vet back and he gave me chlor palmitate suspension, which worked for the duration of that antibiotic. A few days after we were done, her respiratory problem came back.
I am getting desperate! I can't afford to keep going to the vet, I don't know why she is sounding this way again, I can't seem to match her symptoms with anything on the computer , plus our other cat ( who's 3) has not gotten sick.
The kitty's breathing sounds rough and when she licks herself it sounds wet, but other than that she is playing, eating , coat is shiny, eyes are ok, poops well..
Does anyone have experience with this and do you know what I can do , either with medication or herbs to help her?