Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog food forum

Old March 17th, 2006, 09:14 PM
-

Timberwolf Organics

Does anyone know where Timberwolf Organics is milled? I`ve heard that it is manufactured at one of the Diamond plants. I have emailed them but do not answer so if anyone knows please post. Thanks.
Old March 18th, 2006, 12:02 AM

Well, the head guy is in Florida... Otherwise, I've looked and they don't say anywhere...
Old March 18th, 2006, 11:41 AM
-

Yeah, their head office is in Dundee, Florida. If their food is manufactured at one of the Diamond plants, do you think that would be a bad thing? Or do you suppose Timberwolf would have dedicated lines that no other food would use?
Old March 18th, 2006, 07:20 PM

Since they use meats that nobody else does, I would hope they'd be made separately from the others.. Otherwise doggies with allergies would have no benefit at all.
Old March 23rd, 2006, 11:43 AM
-

Timberwolf Organics

I started this thread up again because I did not want to hijack the one about Pumpkin and her food allergy. Poor baby:sad: I feel so sorry for her and hope I never have to go though that.

Prin, you keep saying that Timberwolf Organics is not available or hard to find in Ontario. Is it that way in Quebec too? I am amazed then, that I can get it in B.C. in a small town of 10,000 people. The store I get it from is actually one of the local groomers that decided to bring it in. I originally went in to get Canidae but she said she tried to get it in, but they wouldn`t deliver here.

Anyways, has anyone in Ontario or Quebec ever ASKED their retailers IF they can get it in? It`s not very well advertised (at least not in B.C.) so maybe that`s the reason. The only place I`ve heard about it is on dog forums.

Timberwolf`s head office is in Florida so it must be milled at an eastern plant therefore it should be a lot easier to distribute in the east.
Old March 23rd, 2006, 03:34 PM
Senior Contributor

I can find Timberwolf Organics in Vancouver no problem, but not all the varieties. The allergy one I've been trying to find (Thanks to Prin's input) is the Ocean Blue but the distributor won't bring it in yet.
Old March 23rd, 2006, 10:01 PM

Yeah, the distributor is the problem. It's in BC, so the food only goes to stores in BC. We don't have a hope of getting it here until they start making money in the States with it. Sucks because it's good food.
Old March 30th, 2006, 12:49 PM
-

I contacted Timberwolf Organics to ask them why their food is only available in the province of B.C. in Canada. I received a reply (the same day!!) from Mark Heyward which said:

"We are currently talking to Global Pet but negotiations have stalled for some reason. If we do not sell to Global Pet then we will sell to True Value stores in Canada."

I have just started using their Southwest Chicken & Herbs but am going to try the Wilderness Elk and Dakota Bison as well. I picked up a pamphlet on T.O. and this is what it said about menadione sodium bisulfate:

"Timberwolf does not put Vitamin K3 (menadione sodium bisulfate) in any of their formulas because of health risks to animals, and rely instead on high levels of foods that are high in Vitamin K1 such as alfalfa, kelp, oats, egg yolk, and liver."

Now that it`s soon going to be available across Canada, if anybody wants to check their website which has lots of information:
www.timberwolforganics.com
Old March 30th, 2006, 01:39 PM

I was on the website of the only store in Toronto that supplies Timerwolf - they suggested switching dog foods every few months O.o if the companies get their supplies from the same supplier.

Do people do that? Because they have an impressive number of decent choices so it'll be easy for me to do.

They stock:
1st Choice (dry)
Brightlife (dry)
California Natural
Canine Plus (dry)
Canidae
Chicken Soup for the Soul
Eagle Pack
Evolve
Felidae
Foundations (dry)
Fromm
Genesis (dry)
Go Natural (dry)
Holistic Blend (dry)
Innova
Innova Evo (dry)
Karma Organic (dry)
Lamaderm
Lick Your Chops (canned)
Maxim (dry)
Merrick
Natural Balance
Natural Life
Nature's Harvest (dry)
Nature's Variety Prairie
Nature's Variety Prairie Raw Instincts
Neura (canned)
Nutram (dry)
Nutrience
Nutro Natural Choice
Nutro Ultra
Precise Plus
Royal Canin (dry)
Solid Gold
TechniCal Natural Blend (dry)
Timberwolf Organics (dry)
Tripett (canned)
Wellness
Wysong
Zinpro
Old March 30th, 2006, 02:57 PM
-

What`s the store in Toronto that sells Timberwolf? I know Timberwolf says on their website to rotate their different formulas. I just started feeding it (still mixing it with California Natural) and I will try the other formulas once I get my boys established on it. All their formulas look really good.
Old March 30th, 2006, 03:25 PM

http://site2go.ehosting.ca/getPage.p...=517&mode=view

I got it off of the Timberwolf site. It looks like a pain to get to (I live on the west side) but hey, my dog will be worth it if I ever get him.
Old March 30th, 2006, 06:07 PM

True Value? Isn't that a hardware store? Either way, I don't think I've seen one in Qc.

If I did switch, I'd go for the Ocean Blue.

Maigrey, I'd rather supplement one food than switch often. Some dogs are easy to switch and others get flaming diarrhea for months. Sometimes, even if you switch back, they still have the flaming diarrhea. If I find one that works, I stick with it.
Old March 30th, 2006, 06:34 PM

righto

Changing dog foods regularly didn't sit that well with me either. Its like if I stopped eating pork/beef and switched completely over to goat/lamb every few months - I probably wouldn't be a happy camper.

Thank goodness for Merrick having like 10 different kinds of canned food...