Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old February 12th, 2006, 04:41 PM
AmInaL

Work Cat.

Hey everyone, I haven't been around here very much lately, because I started a new job (yay)!

Well at my new job, there is a cat named Hanna. She is the sweetest, yet sneekiest, cute litte cat! The place where I work is very busy, it's an all natural weight loss program, and herbal supplement store (you probably will guess the name) Needless to say, we are extremely high traffic, with many clients visiting daily.

Hanna was usually quite content with staying indoors and greeting people until this summer. The girls that I work with said that they had to purchase a little harness and leash, because she started to bolt outside. The parking lot is very unsafe, and the business is on the main road. Lately, she has been trying to break out more than usual, and has to be confined to a back room or tied up.

Usually when she gets out, she doesn't go further than 2 feet from the door, and you can grab her to put her back in, but yesterday when I was coming in, she ran out....and ran from me! I eventually got her, but there are so many cars in the parking lot, I almost had a heart attack!

So here's the thing (sorry for being long winded) the talk is that Hanna may have to go home with someone. I've never owned a cat....but I have been considering it. I know she's OK with dogs, because my co-worker has had her dog in before, and she was pretty cool with her....But how do you think she would cope living in a household after 3 years of owning her own business?

Sorry for the long post, but I know so many of you are kitty experts and value your opinions!

"Dogs feel very strongly that they should always go with you in the car, in case the need should arise for them to bark violently at nothing right in your ear." - Dave Barry
Old February 12th, 2006, 06:28 PM
Senior Contributor

Sorry , but I keep thinking of the alternative...cat hit by car I would try the new home and see how it works. Its worth a try. You'll never forgive yourself if she gets hit by a car or runs off and never comes back.
Old February 12th, 2006, 06:31 PM
AmInaL

Oh, I know she's got to go home with someone....I just get sick to my stomache thinking about what could happen to her.

It's just that I've never owned a cat and I'm wondering how the adjustment would be for her.

"Dogs feel very strongly that they should always go with you in the car, in case the need should arise for them to bark violently at nothing right in your ear." - Dave Barry
Old February 12th, 2006, 06:35 PM
Senior Contributor

Every cat is different so you won't know until you bring her home. All the fosters I've brought in have adjusted well and I have a dog and 3 cats. They usually all come along and adjust in their own time.