Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants > Pet Stories - anecdotes - jokes

Old November 18th, 2003, 10:40 AM
Senior Contributor

Sounds like a great party,wish I'd been there
Old January 3rd, 2006, 04:06 PM

Tarragon & Cilantro's New Year's Eve Party

Robyn & Michael, two vets in Toronto and their kitten Skittles, invited us to their place for a small New Years Eve get together - small to them is 40 to 45 people.

Tarragon was ecstatic to see Michael, after all they’ve been separated for 8 complete days, and decide he was going to be his co-host. So, while Michael & Tarragon were at the door to meet and greet, Robyn and I had Skittles & Cilantro, who were quite content to sit on our laps, and have everyone come to them to be adored & fussed over.:queen:

Tarragon was so excited all these people came just to see him to wish him a Happy New Year – he didn’t know what to do first, he was running from person-to-person, lap-to-lap, shoulder-to-shoulder and then he discovered the bar! (It’s sad to say, but my little Tarragon is turning into a lush…I’m starting him in a rehab program if this keeps up.) The bartender, not knowing any better, gave Tarragon a wine cork to play with. The next think we knew Tarragon had dropped it in a Martini that was on the bar and was “bobbing for apples” trying to get it back out. The owner of the drink took it out for him, but it was too late – Tarragon wanted the cat toy (olive) at the bottom of the Martini. When he wasn’t allowed, Tarragon picked up his wine cork and went on to the next unsuspecting person.

While Michael was trying to follow Tarragon to get the wine cork, Tarragon merrily went on his way dropping it in every drink that was available. This was a great new game for him and he soon figured out that if he was on someone’s shoulder he could use his paw to bring the drink closer to him, give the person his angelic look and drop the cork into his or her drink. Finally, Tarragon tired of this game, wrapped himself around Michael’s shoulder, dropped his wine cork in his pocket and went to sleep, snoring extremely loud. (OK, I think he may have been feeling the effects of the drinking and passed out!)

When midnight hit Tarragon was still sound asleep so missed out on all the party hats, noisemakers, horns, and balloons, but Cilantro & Skittles didn’t. Having been so good all evening seeing all the ribbons hanging from the balloons, paper with feathers flowing in and out of people’s mouths, and bouncing puffballs attached to people’s heads they couldn’t contain themselves – now was their turn!

People couldn’t believe that these two sweet docile kitties upon the sight of paper and ribbon turned into mad attack cats! They destroyed every noisemaker, hat, and balloon they could lay their paws on, squeaking at the top of their lungs while doing so! At last, they completed their mission and sat back down as if everything they had just done was a figment of our imagination.

I of course, just sat back, shook my head and said to the woman next to me…you’d think as vets they’d know how to control their pets better!

FurryPerson
Old January 4th, 2006, 03:21 PM

It was a really good party - it's not often that people are invited to bring their pets. Although, Tarragon didn't feel to well the next day:sad: He did bring his wine cork home with him and now I can't get it away from him

FurryPerson
Old January 4th, 2006, 04:49 PM
Senior Contributor

I would love to see some more pics,Cilantro is beautiful but Tarragon exceptionally so:love:
Old January 4th, 2006, 06:38 PM

Here's a picture of what Tarragon and Cilantro looked liked at the end of New Year's Eve.

FurryPerson
Attached Images

Old January 4th, 2006, 07:15 PM
Senior Contributor

Nothing worse than a hang over poor babies. Well live and learn. Never mix alcohol. Always make sure you drop your cork in the same drink
Old January 5th, 2006, 09:56 AM

Only Tarragon was hung over, but at least this time he didn't get his head stuck in a wine glass

Heres a picture of Cilantro and her favourite climbing tree .

FurryPerson
Attached Images

Old January 5th, 2006, 09:58 AM

And not to leave Tarragon out here he is showing off him curly tail and long legs.

FurryPerson
Attached Images

Old January 5th, 2006, 10:51 AM

What pretty kitties! Terragon has a really special look.
Old January 5th, 2006, 12:07 PM

Thanks, they both have ego's to match their looks. Whenever we go out for walks everyone always stops to admire them.

Cilantro being a little lady :queen: sits pretty and puts out her paw for them to shake. When they bend down to shake her paw Tarragon jumps on their shoulder and hangs his head upside down to look at them.

This is a picture of Tarragon giving me the evil eye - he didn't want to have his picture taken.

FurryPerson
Attached Images

Old January 5th, 2006, 12:09 PM

Can't leave out Cilantro - she loves to have her picture taken! :love:

FurryPerson
Attached Images

Old January 5th, 2006, 12:17 PM
Senior Contributor

Thank's for the pics,they are both gorgeous:love:
Tarragon must be a strange mix,his narrow head tells me something Siamese or I am totally off the mark and he is a purebred I've never seen before
Cilantro is beyond sweet..
One of my cats(Vinnie) likes to hang on my shoulder since he was a baby,he still does except now he's 15lb's
Old January 5th, 2006, 12:58 PM

Tarragon is a LaPerm and Cilantro is a Norwegian Forest Cat they're both showable in the CFA, but I don't show.

I'm lucky both Tarragon & Cilantro only weigh 9 pounds - I can't imagine having a 15 pound kitty on my shoulder all the time. One of Tarragon's greatest joys in life is riding around on peoples shoulders. He also enjoys helping out in any way he can. Right now he is sitting on my shoulder helping me type this message.

FurryPerson
Old January 5th, 2006, 01:24 PM
Senior Contributor

So sorry,I must have insulted Tarragon..of course I remember now you said LaPerm
pawprint:

Last edited by chico2; January 5th, 2006 at 01:26 PM.
Old January 5th, 2006, 02:16 PM

No need to apologize it takes a lot to insult Tarragon - there's not that many LaPerms in Canada so he's used to getting a lot of strange looks and comments. One lady actually asked if I'd had his fur permed.

FurryPerson
Old January 6th, 2006, 02:43 PM
PeachesnSimon'sMamma

Absolutely gorgeous kitties and great tale Could you even imagine TRYING to give a cat a perm??

~Those who KNOW better are responsible to TEACH better~

Jenn, Simon and Peaches
12/14/03
Old January 6th, 2006, 03:56 PM

Thank you, Tarragon does like to be the centre of attention.

Just the thought of giving a cat a perm makes me cringe - bathing them is enough trouble, all the screaming, crying and blood...mine of course.

FurryPerson