Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Introduce yourself here - Say hello

Old August 21st, 2005, 01:02 AM
Not-so-senior member

Greetings from NY

Howdy folks! I think you have a great forum here and I'm glad to join in. I'm a sucker for animals--I'd have more, but the hubby is just so darn STUBBORN!

Our latest addition is Lucy, a 3-ish year old DSH with bad teeth, luxation of the hind knees/patellas and a bit of a weight problem. She was taken in by the SPCA d/t neglect along with 12 other cats a whole year ago--and all the other cats had been adopted but her. She fattened up a bit too much while at the shelter, so we have a bit of weight to lose! She also had forgotten how to be a pet while at the shelter, but she's warming up quite nicely and can be extremely vocal when she wants attention.
Attached Images

Old August 21st, 2005, 01:06 AM
Not-so-senior member

This is my Ruby, who must be about 7 or 8 years old now. We adopted her about 5 years ago, and what a great companion she turned out to be! I would never have guessed it was possible to bond so closely with an adult animal. I just adore her.
Attached Images

Old August 21st, 2005, 01:07 AM

She's so beautiful. I think the grey ones are the best ones. You are so great to have taken her in and given her a home.

Welcome to the board!

LOL I was posting while you were posting the second one!! She's beautiful too!! Yeah, the torties are the best too.
Old August 21st, 2005, 01:13 AM
Not-so-senior member

This is our baby, a 6yr old GSD with many names and the only pet we didn't adopt. We bought him from a breeder with whom I wish we had never done business. Live and learn--next time, I will only buy from a breeder with a proven track record, and I will check references!

He answers to Rommelstilsken (his AKC name), Rommel, Rommy, Skeeter, Jerkface and a few others that are not appropriate to print here. He's a handful and permits only about a 10 people out of the billions on earth to enter our house. Alas, I love him though.

Heehee, I noticed after uploading that he's in the act of shedding in the very moment in time I took the pic---notice the clump of hair. Do all GSD's shed so much???? He just never quits....
Attached Images

Last edited by shannonRN; August 21st, 2005 at 01:16 AM.
Old August 21st, 2005, 01:21 AM
Not-so-senior member

Last, but certainly not least, is MooShu, another adoptee of uncertain heritage. The shelter called her a dobie mix, which I feel is hogwash. She is horrendously frightened of lightening, and it didn't take her long to learn to fear cameras--the flash sends her flying under the nearest piece of furniture. We have few pics of her, which is unfortunate, b/c it is so fun to try to decide what the recipe was for making her!
Attached Images

Old August 21st, 2005, 01:47 AM

Quote:
She is horrendously frightened of lightening
My dobie was horrified... From that pic, I could see dobie. In the narrowness of the muzzle? Maybe Dobie/lab? The eyes look dobie to me.
Old August 21st, 2005, 03:00 AM
Not-so-senior member

Quote:
LOL I was posting while you were posting the second one!! She's beautiful too!! Yeah, the torties are the best too.
Ahh, they're all the best...I agree. Personally, my preference are calicos or white with black markings, but I pick based on personality so I end up adopting fat grey cats with gimpy knees!

I wish that dog wouldn't run every time the camera comes out! She has the body of a greyhound, the color of a chocolate lab, a hint of weimer in the head/face, the eyes of a dobie...she is truly a Haagen-Dazs dog: 31 flavors and then some

Last edited by shannonRN; August 21st, 2005 at 03:26 AM. Reason: Because I can't type for squat!
Old August 21st, 2005, 06:56 AM
Senior Contributor

Shannon,welcome to the Forum,you certainly have your heart in the right place... :love: Love the pics of your beautiful animals and yes,this is a great place to gush about your fourlegged family,talk about problems and learn a whole bunch,when you thought you knew everything!
Old August 24th, 2005, 04:46 PM
Not-so-senior member

Quote:
and learn a whole bunch,when you thought you knew everything!
Whoa, you'll never catch me claiming to know it all!
Thanks for the comments on my babies. I'm just so proud...

My Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/allezany/
Rommel at www.dogster.com/?229253
MooShu at www.dogster.com/?229250
LucyLoo at www.catster.com/?229801
Ruby at www.catster.com/?229807
Old August 25th, 2005, 07:47 AM
Senior Contributor

Well Shannon,at my age and 100yrs(seems like it!)of life-experience,I thought I knew especially about cats,but I was wrong
Pets.ca has taught me about the wonderful efforts of private rescuers,whom I did not even know exsisted and that I am not"nutty"like some people say,for loving animals the way I do,there are soooo many more people out there just like me.