Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Rescue (Adopt) a dog - listings

Old July 25th, 2005, 08:24 PM
Adopt a senior dog!!

Walter and Molly-graphic :(

Hi everyone

Here are Walter and Molly. Sadly, they are the result of severe neglect. We will nurse them back to health and then they will be looking for their forever home. They must be adopted together, they have already been through enough and they need eachother. If any of you can open your hearts and homes to them, please go to http://www.boxerrescuequebec.com and click on APPLY. You will also fnd more photos and info on them at our website.

BoxerRescueQuebec.com
Old July 25th, 2005, 08:44 PM
Senior Contributor

Christ!! Are charges being pressed against the scum who did this??? Why is only one starved?

I see you don't have a Petfinder site. Do you want me to list them on mine? Can you tell me age, personality, etc?

I just know they will touch someone's heart so much they'll be adopted.
Old July 25th, 2005, 08:54 PM
Adopt a senior dog!!

Hey Lucky, thanks, we're still waiting for the petfinder site. It would be great if you'd list them for us. They have the best temperaments, have lived with cats, seem fine with other dogs, and have been around kids. They are VERY affectionate and have good manners. They love all people. I personally would hold a grudge if I were them...Molly is 5 yrs old and Walter is 3 yrs old. By the time they leave us they will be spayed/neutered, UTD, dewormed, HW tested, temperament tested.

I am in contact with the SPCA on this one. They were going to seize them originally but called me first and the owner ended up surrendering them to Boxer Rescue Quebec. I am finding out exactly what can be done. I can tell you what I'd like to do though...
BoxerRescueQuebec.com
Old July 25th, 2005, 09:02 PM
Senior Contributor

Is your site down? It doesn't seem to be working for me.
Old July 25th, 2005, 09:06 PM
Adopt a senior dog!!

hmmmmm....works for me, i just tried it...
BoxerRescueQuebec.com
Old July 25th, 2005, 09:09 PM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

How sad and disgusting!! How could you feed one of your pets while watching the other one starve to death!!! I just don't get it?
What goes around comes around, I hope they pay big for what they did to these poor dogs
Walter and Molly look like a very beautiful and loving pair and I hope they find a wonderful loving home

What is man without beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected.

~~Chief Seattle (Duwamish tribe)~~
Old July 25th, 2005, 09:20 PM
Senior Contributor

Its working for me now! How can people be so cruel and heartless??? Molly is a true survivor, she had the will to live. Take this to the media!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old July 26th, 2005, 06:25 AM
Senior Contributor

This is so sad and sick at the same time, I will never understand how ppl can do this sort of thing. I am so glad they have found you they are beautiful boxers, thankyou for helping them.
Old July 26th, 2005, 06:51 AM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

Dear Dog! I hope that the owners get theirs back three fold. Poor sweeties. Thanks so much for helping them!
Old July 26th, 2005, 08:26 AM
Senior Contributor

Let me know if you want anything changed.

http://www.petfinder.org/pet.cgi?act...=0&tmpl=&stat=

I think what is disturbing me more than anything about this, is that one dog was fed, while the other forced to starve.

I'd rather not say what I'd like to see done to this despicable excuse for a human being.

I just hope Molly can recover and doesn't have permanent damage.

Last edited by Lucky Rescue; July 26th, 2005 at 08:29 AM.
Old July 26th, 2005, 08:49 AM
Adopt a senior dog!!

Thank you

Thank you so much, Lucky. Your help is definitely appreciated. Thanks everyone for your kind words

Apparently this guy threw down a cup of food a day, because Walter is bigger, it seems that he got the food for himself.
BoxerRescueQuebec.com
Old July 26th, 2005, 09:09 AM
Adopt a senior dog!!

oops..

I made a mistake, Molly is 4 years old-not 5.
BoxerRescueQuebec.com
Old July 26th, 2005, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxerRescueMTL
Apparently this guy threw down a cup of food a day, because Walter is bigger, it seems that he got the food for himself.
One cup a day! That is ridiculous. One cup isn't enough for one active Boxer let alone two! How would this guy like to live on one slice of toast a day?! It is amazing how animals can be so badly neglected and still love people. I know that Molly and Walter will make someone very happy.

Please do keep us updated on their progress.
Old July 26th, 2005, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxerRescueMTL
Argh I don't understand people at all. :sad: Good luck with these two! Poor things.

http://www.vasavana.blogspot.com
Old July 26th, 2005, 11:10 AM

I was so upset when i saw the pics but then it reminded me of our foster angel. Lucky was found running and he had been running for a while. He looked so much like Molly,like molly he had a mate also which was found a few weeks later running at large. Lucky was given till that morning to survive. He couldnt walk and he had no muscle to sheath his *you know what lol* he was taken to the vets and had it sewn up. After that he was transfered up to me and i was his foster mom for the next 4 months. I am going to post the link to his story and pics(Plz be aware they are graphic) and also will tell you he has been adopted now for over a yr and we have seen his adopted parents at the walkathon for the last 2 yrs and he is a nice 80-90lbs.

When we fostered Lucky boy We had to carry him up and down the stairs as he slept in my room with me. He loved us even when he was sick and would do anything to cuddle with us. After all of the abuse and neglect he still loved humans. We will never know completely what happened to him but we do know he lived most of his life in luxury with a lovely lady who thought she was placing him and his mate in a good home. The last yr or so of his life he unfornately learned the hard life and lived on concrete floor(probally a kennel)

Crystal If Molly needs special food Try and Contact Medi-Cal They were very very generous and supplied Lucky boy with all of his food.

Here is his link *hugs*
http://www.boxerrescueontario.com/sp...ies/Lucky.html
Old July 26th, 2005, 12:36 PM

That is so sad!! Days like this I wish I had the funds to be able to have more doggies!! So sad!! I'm glad they're in better care now.
Old July 27th, 2005, 05:11 PM
Adopt a senior dog!!

Oh BoxerRescueOnt, Lucky's story is brutal. Thank doG he had you guys and BRO to help him out. He looks just like Molly!

Ugh...people are gross.
BoxerRescueQuebec.com
Old July 27th, 2005, 09:19 PM
An Honest Contributor
Fishing the Sea Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, KickUps Champion, Jason's Pong Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Eskiv Champion, Aski Champion, Ping Champion

oh man my inside's hurt!!! :sad: I can't even imagine what this did to you when you 1st seen them. Thank god their now rescued - good luck to ALL of you.
Old July 27th, 2005, 10:54 PM

Yes It was brutual. Especially when we eventually found the breeder who thought she had placed the 2 dogs in an excellant home.

I should get The adopted parents to send me some more new pics. So i can post them. I know when we last spoke i believe he was like 85-90lbs and he came into boxer rescue weighing 45lbs approx
Old July 28th, 2005, 08:14 AM
Senior Contributor

BRO,Heartwrenching stories :sad:but with happy endings thank's to the angels at BRO
Let's hope Molly and Walter will be lucky enough to get a wonderful home together and their former owner gets what's coming to him,unfortunately with our 100yr animal-cruelty laws,it's never enough
But at least Molly and Walter are safe..Thank's BRO!
Ooops,I just noticed Molly and Walter are with BRQ...was going to send their pic and story to friends of mine who just lost thir collie Lassie..

Last edited by chico2; July 28th, 2005 at 08:24 AM.