Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old July 10th, 2005, 01:52 PM

Lost Siamese Cat - Ahunstic

Siamese Cat - Grey, brown, white tiger stripes named Squeak, male, 2 1/2 years old, neutered. Lost on July 7, 2005 in Ahunstic, Montreal near Bruchesi/Sauve. Thank you!

CHAT Siamois Tigré gris, brun et blanc nommé Squeak, mâle, 2 ans et demi, opéré, perdu le 7 juillet 2005 à Ahunstic, Montréal pres de Bruchesi/Sauve. Merci!

[IMG]squeak2.jpg[/IMG]
Attached Images

Old July 10th, 2005, 01:55 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

What a beautiful beautiful cat!

Check out the this link, and cross post your information to as many places as possible. It would maybe be helpful to let some cat rescues in your area know too!
Very best of luck:

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=17093
Old July 10th, 2005, 05:03 PM

You have to GO to the SPCA, and the Berger Blanc. They won't tell you over the phone (they're not too eager to find owners-- especially in this incredibly busy time). I'll keep my ears/eyes open when I'm at my dog park on Sauvé.

I hope you find your beautiful kitty.
Old July 10th, 2005, 05:28 PM

Thanks for your support.

We went to both but no luck. Of course that's not going to stop us, we'll keep going back and trying every available resource and methods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prin
You have to GO to the SPCA, and the Berger Blanc. They won't tell you over the phone (they're not too eager to find owners-- especially in this incredibly busy time). I'll keep my ears/eyes open when I'm at my dog park on Sauvé.

I hope you find your beautiful kitty.
Old July 10th, 2005, 05:32 PM
Senior Contributor

As one who shares my life with a Siamese (See Yin Yin 1, Bears 0), I sooo hope you find your gorgeous kitty!! Have you read the web site http://www.pet-detective.com/(I think that's the url). Many cats begin to act like ferals not long after they go missing - and they can get out of the house by accident and the next thing loose their scnet. Most never are too far from home but hide even when they see their person. Some of the stories on that site are so heart wrenching!!! But many happy endings too so there is some excellent advice on it. Post as many fliers. Search your neighbourood widely - find any place he may hide.

Good luck!!
Old July 10th, 2005, 05:43 PM

http://www.pet-detective.com/

The URL works, so I think it's the right one. Thanks for the link, I'll go through it.

What's heart wrenching about my adorable missing cat is that he's the "daddy" of this adorable family (see attached pic). Does anyone know if cats can sense loss of family members?

[IMG]squeakfamily.jpg[/IMG]
Attached Images

Old July 10th, 2005, 06:13 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh my!!! You have indeed a most beautiful family! I personally believe other cats miss their sibs and other family members. They wander around , looking for the missing member. That's been my experience anyway. Even my little bunny would spend time in my bedroom when I was away, somehow thinking he might find me there.

I love that picture - he is a very special daddy. I have a Seal Point so am partial to them - tho am in the process of adopting a blue point Siamese. Since he is Siamese, surely people will HEAR him but he is most likelty hiding somewhere. Have you considered a humane trap - when pets are missing, they sometimes revert to a feral nature (tho they don't hunt necessarily, especially indoor kitties) but might be attracted by food with a stong smell in a humane trap (You can borrow or rent them from the SPCA). Ask all your neighbours, put up as many flyers as posible, keep looking!!!! And good luck!!
Old July 10th, 2005, 09:30 PM
Senior Contributor

beautiful family!

When I was looking for my cat a few people told me that a cat is usually within a 2 block radius of where they have gone missing, unless they have been picked up by someone. Go out late at night with treats and call for him. Good luck, I really hope your's is a happy ending.
Old July 11th, 2005, 11:31 AM

Smile Happy ending!

As you all can expect, I haven't been sleeping much the last couple of days. So when I heard a little "crash" in the backyard at around 4am this morning I got up rather quickly. Ran to the window and there was my little adventure cat on the roof of the nearby shed. Squeak's a great "talker" (as most Siamese cats are) and it sounded like he was saying "sorry guys for getting you all worried, but I'm fine so can I come in?"

Anyways, he's a little pooped now, lost a tiny bit of weight, injured both his dew claws and wore down his back paw claws so a trip to the vet will be on order today.

What I am most relieved about it is that he isn't skiddish or frightened and still wants to go outside. Can you believe that over the last couple of days this little guy's been through a thunderstorm, thousands of people (most in cars) attending a weekend festival two blocks away and a fireworks display that concluded the festival!!

Thank you all for your words of encouragement and advice. Squeak's family, Caliope, Magellan and Portia are grateful as well
Attached Images

Old July 11th, 2005, 11:43 AM
Sadie's Chefomatic

YAAAH yippie I love happy return home endings!!

Ahh so glad to have you back home you silly kitty!!!!
Now stay inside thats an ORDER
Old July 11th, 2005, 11:59 AM

YEY!!! Wow, that is so great!!!
Old July 11th, 2005, 01:42 PM

He is such a beatiful kitty !!
I'm sooo glad he found his way home again!!!
Old July 11th, 2005, 02:12 PM
IHeart Marty&Minou's Paws

congrats!

I just wanted to say how beautiful your cats are! It must be awfully loud at your house with all those siamese!

Please post some more pictures. . .please!
Old July 11th, 2005, 02:22 PM
Senior Contributor

I am thrilled he managed to find his way home, that is wonderfully happy news! Thx for the update.