Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Rescue (Adopt) a dog - listings

Old April 15th, 2005, 12:38 PM

Can anyone help?

I just found this on leuleu ... don't get me started on the stupidity of people although maybe this ad is from someone trying to help ... who knows.

CHIOT (4/15/05)
DESCRIPTION:

fox croiser male et femelle 6 mois pas operer 150$/2 region lanaudiere faite vite sinon spca demain ou echnage contre chien hyppoalergique

Last edited by Trinitie; April 18th, 2005 at 09:24 AM. Reason: removed contact information
Old April 15th, 2005, 01:06 PM

My French is a little rusty. Can someone tell me what it says?

According to the Humane Society of the United States:
There are an estimated 3-4 million dogs and cats euthanized each year in the US alone! PLEASE - spay and/or neuter your pets!
Old April 15th, 2005, 01:06 PM

Oh, come on! (not at you, Trinitie - at the person who took out this rediculous ad!)

Loosely translated:
(presuming they mean fox terrier) cross, male and female, 6 months old, not spayed/neutered, 150$/2, lanaudiere region, hurry or else they'll go to the SPCA tomorrow, or will exchange for a hypoallergenic dog.

Last edited by Writing4Fun; April 15th, 2005 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Oops! Saw Trinitie's post & wanted to clarify where my anger was directed.
Old April 15th, 2005, 01:18 PM

LOL - it's ok if it was meant at me. I can take it! :sad:

At any rate, that doesn't sound like a "I want to help" type of post. It sounds like an ulimatum type of post. "help me or I'll harm the dog".

According to the Humane Society of the United States:
There are an estimated 3-4 million dogs and cats euthanized each year in the US alone! PLEASE - spay and/or neuter your pets!
Old April 15th, 2005, 01:35 PM
Senior Contributor

I guess the person who placed the ad does not understand there is no such entity as a hypoallergenic dog. Gawd! That qualifies as abuse in my book - give me $150 or I'll go to the SPCA. (I mean, unless she finds someone as stupid as her, she won't be exchanging this animal who is unfortunate to have fallen into her grasp!)
Old April 15th, 2005, 02:15 PM

Email

Loosely translated, the email address is "little ones refuge" at hotmail.com. This is why I think that whoever placed the ad is trying to act as a mediator or helper to the dumb individual who wants to get rid of his dogs or exchange them. I doubt the dumb individual would be creative enough himself to register a hotmail address like "little ones refuge" when he obviously treats animals no better than trash.
Old April 15th, 2005, 08:04 PM

Sorry, I didn't realize the e-mail belonged with the ad - I thought it was who to call if we could help these poor dogs.

Well, on the bright side, if they end up at the "right" SPCA, at least they'll be speutered before being adopted out, and the idiot who's giving them up won't profit from it! (Happy thoughts, people! )
Old April 16th, 2005, 04:37 PM
Senior Contributor

Why someone would put up an intact male AND female for adoption is just beyond me...150$ is a great deal for a byb or puppymiller... :sad:

Deep thought, by Jack Handey : "I think my new thing will be to try to be a real happy guy. I'll just walk around being real happy until some jerk says something stupid to me."