Sunflower Cookies (vegan)
these cookies are to die for...and 100% vegan!
Ingredients (use vegan versions):
1 cup softened non-hydrogenated vegan margarine
3/4 cup vegan brown sugar
3/4 cup unbleached flour
1-3/4 cups rolled oats
1 cup sunflower seeds (all raw, or 1/2 & 1/2 raw and roasted)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1-1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt (omit if using roasted and salted seeds)
- Combine margarine and vegan sugar and mix well until blended.
- Combine all dry ingredients, then add to margarine and vegan sugar mixture. Mix well. The mixture will be quite stiff.
- Drop by teaspoons onto lightly greased baking sheet.
- Flatten and spread slightly with finger or the back of a spoon (dipped in flour so the cookie dough doesn't stick.)
- Bake 10 - 12 mins at 350 degrees until lightly browned.
Serves: 2 dozen cookies
Preparation time: 10 minutes to make/10 to bake