Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog food forum

Old August 21st, 2012, 07:45 AM
banned user

Question dog food

Please help, my dog Harley has to eat this brand of food Medi Cal Gastro Intestinal Fibre response, with plain yougurt too. I found that I have been increasing bone dust to his diet and adding more plain yogurt and his stools have remained solid. My question is this food is extremely expensive and I would do anything for my dogs have two. The issue is why this brand could I not just slowly introduce him to another and just keep on giving him the yogurt my poor boy is always so hungry because he is only allowed 1 cup per day so when he eats ( he has always chowed down his food) but being mommy I only want what is best for him any suggestions would greatly be appreciated thank you very much
Old August 21st, 2012, 09:45 PM

I personally think Medical is a horrible food, it is full of corn and byproducts. There are many much much better foods out there at similar price.
Is there a Global Pet Foods store near where you live?
Old August 22nd, 2012, 10:37 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by minmin12 View Post
Please help, my dog Harley has to eat this brand of food Medi Cal Gastro Intestinal Fibre response, with plain yougurt too. I found that I have been increasing bone dust to his diet and adding more plain yogurt and his stools have remained solid. My question is this food is extremely expensive and I would do anything for my dogs have two. The issue is why this brand could I not just slowly introduce him to another and just keep on giving him the yogurt my poor boy is always so hungry because he is only allowed 1 cup per day so when he eats ( he has always chowed down his food) but being mommy I only want what is best for him any suggestions would greatly be appreciated thank you very much
How much does your dog weight, is he a small dog? Can he have a treat in the middle of the day , I give my small dog a cookie as he only get one cup of food a day too.
Old August 23rd, 2012, 07:16 AM
banned user

Unhappy

Choochi I live in winnipeg at this is what was given for him I would prefer to return him to his original dog food but vet warned me that he would have diarrea again. I have noticed others complaining about this food so should I just wean him off and return to normal food thank you.
Old August 23rd, 2012, 07:19 AM
banned user

Unhappy

barking dog he is a medium large dog
Old August 23rd, 2012, 07:21 AM
Senior Contributor

One of my dogs did not do well on grain free so I went to a lower protein "Acana" and now my other dog is on Addiciton. An inactive dog I think does better on lower protein, saying that I still add some of my own cooked meats anyway. Global foods are very education in the dog food business. Vets sell what they stock to make money on it. Just beware the ingredients!
Old March 4th, 2013, 06:22 AM
banned user

Sorry

I have been busy with other puppy I tried to wean my dog off and diarrea returned. I found out that I could give him acidiphollus capsules 10 billion and slowly wean him off and in reply no I do not have a Global market here
Old March 7th, 2013, 08:53 AM
banned user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choochi View Post
I personally think Medical is a horrible food, it is full of corn and byproducts. There are many much much better foods out there at similar price.
Is there a Global Pet Foods store near where you live?
I have no Global food here and aside from that sorry took so long as I reposted it. I want to wean him off so I figured he still has 2 large bags of this food which I have to give him yogurt too. I thought once weaning and diarrea returned, now I have jameson acidopollus 1 billion figuring I could wean him off when he is into his second bag.
Old March 7th, 2013, 12:42 PM

Just try any super premium product and add it gradually to existing food (extend replacing for 7-10 days). You always have an option to come back to your medical diet
Old March 7th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by minmin12 View Post
I have no Global food here and aside from that sorry took so long as I reposted it. I want to wean him off so I figured he still has 2 large bags of this food which I have to give him yogurt too. I thought once weaning and diarrea returned, now I have jameson acidopollus 1 billion figuring I could wean him off when he is into his second bag.
Have you tried looking on line , you can order pet food and have it shipped to your home. I know this could cost more with shipping and handling fee but I guess it work out as the cost of gas for your car.