Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Introduce yourself here - Say hello

Old January 8th, 2013, 09:35 PM

Greetings from an exotic animal lover!

Hey everyone, just wanted to introduce myself a bit. I live in Quebec, and I am a huge animal lover. I especially love canines and felines (the exotic ones in particular) but all animals are welcomed in my home! I love photography too!

I come from Romania, where I grew up along my grandmother's wolfdog, Rex. I've owned, and worked with farm animals of all kinds including horses, donkeys, goats, chicken, geese, , exotic pets including hedgehogs, hamsters, chinchillas, lizards, snake, small birds, a gray squirrel, a mouse, chipmunks, a wildcat hybrid and an African deer I rescued from poachers in Ethiopia (while I was on a trip, I LOVE trips) and of course, the usual cats and dogs. I love

I currently have 4 cats, 2 geckos, a silver fox and will have a NGSD (New Guinea dingo) around, if not on February 1, 2013. This spring 2013, I will get my very own fox kit, of a very rare color morph, either a champagne (with blue or pink eyes) or a cinnamon platinum.

My associate and I are also starting to breed domestic foxes, and we plan on possibly owning a mink and a Canadian lynx in the future. A high/medium high content wolfdog is also on my mind, but for that I will need a license, for Quebec!
That makes a LOT of animals, I'm aware of that, but it's nothing we've never been used to before. We love animals, I could not live without them!

So yeah, this is pretty much it. I will post some pictures and share stories from time to time about my little critters, and help others with their domestic/farm/exotics if they ever need help. I like being there for others, one thing I forgot to mention earlier! Hope it won't bother anyone! I already have some pictures uploaded on my http://www.luccistar.deviantart.com

Can't wait to read stories about your little fur friends!
PS: that little fox in the picture, it's my associate's deceased marble fox named Kira.
Attached Images

Old February 17th, 2013, 02:02 AM

Well, after all, instead of getting the NGSD I initially was going to get, I adopted a Siberian husky.

We are currently waiting impatiently for this spring 2013, when we will adopt our newest fox kits. We will have for sure [at least] one marble, from Kira's mother, as well as other foxes of other colors. We will hopefully be able to have, before this spring 2013 (or this spring 2013) cinnamon platinum foxes (as well as other colors).

We will also have other exotic animals in the very near future, such as a lynx and a wolf (and maybe some others).
Old February 17th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Senior Contributor

This is so sad. Exotic animals should not be pets. Even provinces other than infamous Quebec allow non-native exotics. So sad, so sad.
Old February 17th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longblades View Post
This is so sad. Exotic animals should not be pets. Even provinces other than infamous Quebec allow non-native exotics. So sad, so sad.
I agree with you, I feel that same way that this is sad.
Old March 8th, 2013, 03:51 AM

Exotic animals should not be pets? Well okay, lets ban gerbils, hamsters, ferrets, guinea pigs, parrots, mice, chinchillas, geckos and so many others from the pet trade, since exotic animals should not be pets. Let's ban everything except farm animals and cats and dogs. Seriously... http://www.paw-talk.net/forums/f25/e...rum-54362.html
Old March 8th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Administrator - Pet lover

Welcome to the forum Luccistar,

Breeding in general and breeding exotics has always been a touchy issue around here because many regular members are huge into rescue and there are simply too many unwanted animals in shelters.

When it comes to exotics...we regularly hear stories of the wrong people adopting exotics and then abandoning them. Based on a bit of research Servals and wolves for example make lousy pets for nearly all pet owners. In the quest for newer 'exotica' in general...people make the wrong impulsive pet buying choices. (I don't know anything about foxes though)

So at the end of the day most members feel badly when these types of pets are so regularly abandoned.

But the word 'exotic' is a really wide term. I agree with you that in general people are selective about which pets they deem 'too' exotic. For me, a ferret is an exotic pet but we rarely get people getting excited about people owning ferrets.

This can be an extremely interesting thread if it stays civil.

many thx in advance.
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter

Tags
exotic animal pet love