Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 17th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Vet Visit and Vaccines

Tabitha and Bomber went for their annual check up and all went well! We had a good discussion with our vet about vaccinations and he agreed that I no longer likely need to vaccinate. Based on a few things though. They never have been outside and never will be, I do not have other cats coming into the home, they have been vaccinated every yr for the past 13. I was going to opt for the Titer test to confirn what they have in them but the vet said that it will really only tell you 100% if a particular vaccine is off the charts and the cost is 125.00 per cat. He said if the test was descriptive enough and told you exactly what amounts etc are in the cat it would be more useful.

Tabitha weighed in again at 6.6 lbs and Bomber again at 8.5 lbs. Same weight they have been all their lives??

We have had some more inappropriate peeing in the house lately by Tabitha and her vengence against all things DOG has not changed. I thought by using the pheremones it would help her with her issues but alas it has not! It may have had the opposite affect because I caught Bomber peeing twice in the past couple of weeks! But what drives me absolutely CRAZY is they still use the box too! So my only other option as this time is to put her on some form of behaviour drug. We discussed pilling as NOT being an option and the vet said I could use the cream in the ears! (I think AG's Czari used this!) I asked about the drug and funny enough it is Amitryptaline (sp??) in a cream form. I actually take the same thing for Fybromyalgia. I opted to wait and see how things go for the time being. As long as there are no beds of the dog aroound and access to his crate is restricted then she wont pee??

Bomber didnt have enough urine in him for a sample to be taken to rule out any urinary issues so we have to go back for that. He hasnt done it again for over a week?? All in all teeth had some tarter but nothing to worry about, and he said their coats and eyes and all looked well for 13 yr olds!

The only bad thing that happened was when I placed them back in the carrier Tabitha let Bomber know she was pissed off! THe last couple of visits she seems to attack him when I put them in the carrier together maybe I will have to consider dividing it or seperating them!
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown