Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 13th, 2008, 12:53 AM
Slave to Dogs and 1 Angel

Spencer has been adopted.
Ginger is being fostered at the moment.
Shadow has been transfered to the Burnaby SPCA shelter.

Yellar, the chubby fellow who was in ISO last week has also gone to a forever home.

Today I got to walk Cane, he is an American Bulldog Mix. He is pretty big and solid. Looks all tough and mean but is really just a big softie. Pretty smart too, got sit, down, wait and some other stuff all squared away. I had thought that Shadow was easy to walk since I didn't have Cane to compare to, well boy was I wrong. Compared to Cane, Shadow would be like a bat out of hell. Cane, so far is the only dog that has even remotely shown that he understands the concept of heeling. Most easy going dude, no pulling at all but loose leash for the whole walk. Didn't want to chase cats like Spencer or take me for a run like Cracker. Only thing was that near the end of our walk, he rolled around in some dried up cat poo!!
Should have seen the face of the volunteer who started petting Cane when we got back after I told her what he was just doing five minutes ago.

There were too many volunteers and not enough doggies (which is a good thing) so I just walked Cane, then took an ISO dog out again. This time it was a Rottie mix named Cappy. He is quite a handful and shows quite a bit of aggression towards other dogs. In the end we had to cut our walk off at 40 minutes because of my bladder, kind of envious of these guys that can just pee here and there all they want.

Anyways, it was a goodnight all in all.

PS. Cane drools quite a bit, but I think it gives him character.
Attached Images

Last edited by Scuba; May 13th, 2008 at 12:55 AM.