Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog food forum > Feeding raw food to dogs & cats - B.A.R.F - RMB - Homecooked diet

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 18th, 2007, 12:54 PM
Swift Tribe

Modifying A Raw Diet Temporarily

the next steps in Misters training requires food treats as motivation. we are currently feeding raw but are willing to go to a cooked if it helps for now. a good bit of our reasons for raw versus a cooked is convenience. i dont want to add supplements or hunt down meatless bones for calcium or put together this huge meal for him.... and so on. raw is just EASIER.

so i need some help. id like to keep doing raw but we need this motivation more. anyone willing to work through the logistics of this with me??

we have some treats we can use. we have been using Zukes Mini Naturals which are a big hit, have no grain or soy and are already pretty small. they contain good healthy stuff but i dont know how to compensate with Misters raw food. do i find make something cooked out of the offal?? offer cooked muscle meat and meatless bones (A LOT OF WORK!!!) any other suggestion for very healthy yummy 'treats'? should i not be too concerned with weight gain while he is so young?

we have been pretty blase with his raw diet with the confidence that all things work out if you supply the equipment. i worry abotu adding artificial substances to it. its one thing to Mister Hoover up a few cheerios or cheddar bunnies a day. its totally different when we are filling his tummy up with 'treats' that CLAIM they are great for feeding often.

im rambling.

any suggestions are appreciated!!

-ashley