Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old April 15th, 2013, 10:22 AM
rik's Avatar
rik rik is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 59
Clash !

A 5 months old ridgeback and a 8 months old lab. Two friends

1


2


3
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old April 15th, 2013, 10:26 AM
rik's Avatar
rik rik is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 59
two more photos

4


5
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old April 15th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Longblades Longblades is offline
Senior Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,071
Those are GREAT photos. Just terrific. Look at those two hooligans having so much fun together. Which one is yours?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old April 15th, 2013, 12:36 PM
rik's Avatar
rik rik is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longblades View Post
Which one is yours?
Not one. Friends ask me to make some photos.
This golden retriever (Paco) is mine

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old April 15th, 2013, 02:05 PM
Longblades Longblades is offline
Senior Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,071
WOW! My OH has done some amateur photography. He is standing behind me with his mouth hanging open in awe, saying, "That is FABULOUS." He'd like to know your camera and lens on the last shot? And anything else you would care to share?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old April 16th, 2013, 12:48 AM
Goldfields's Avatar
Goldfields Goldfields is offline
Senior Contributor
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,282
FABULOUS photography again, Rik! I thought I was seeing my pair wrestling for a minute, Jarrah and Roo. LOL. That last photo is extraordinary but I love the expression you caught on the ridgeback's face in the last photo. Please post more of your photo's, I'm sure you have many we'd all love to see.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old April 16th, 2013, 02:27 AM
rik's Avatar
rik rik is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldfields View Post
FABULOUS photography again, Rik! I thought I was seeing my pair wrestling for a minute, Jarrah and Roo. LOL. That last photo is extraordinary but I love the expression you caught on the ridgeback's face in the last photo. Please post more of your photo's, I'm sure you have many we'd all love to see.
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longblades View Post
WOW! He'd like to know your camera and lens on the last shot? And anything else you would care to share?
Thank you. I used a Nikon d2x with the 70-200 VR 2.8. Aperture 4.5, shutterspeed 1/640 and iso 200
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old April 17th, 2013, 02:32 PM
rik's Avatar
rik rik is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longblades View Post
WOW! My OH has done some amateur photography. He is standing behind me with his mouth hanging open in awe, saying, "That is FABULOUS." He'd like to know your camera and lens on the last shot? And anything else you would care to share?
You can practice to make these kinds of photos. It's not really difficult because the dog, or whatever, runs parallel to the axis of the lens. You do not have any "focus" problems. You only need a fast shutter speed and the right moment.

for this photo the shutter speed was 1/1000

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Terms of Use

  • All Bulletin Board Posts are for personal/non-commercial use only.
  • Self-promotion and/or promotion in general is prohibited.
  • Debate is healthy but profane and deliberately rude posts will be deleted.
  • Posters not following the rules will be banned at the Admins' discretion.
  • Read the Full Forum Rules

Forum Details

  • Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
    vBulletin Optimisation by vB Optimise (Reduced on this page: MySQL 0%).
  • All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:06 PM.