Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog training - dog behavior

Old November 14th, 2010, 08:41 PM
Senior Contributor

Tellington TTouch

I am a practioner in training for TTouch. This works, just ask Sasha, before her last surgery I did TTouch on her ears and her body, after surgery I had to transport her from my Vet to the overnight Emerg Clinic, on the drive there I did Ear work on her, after she was settled in the kennel I did more earwork, the Vet Tech told me that she would be ready to go home late afternoon or early evening the following day....the vet called me at 9:30 am and said she is fantastic come and get her.

Wow, 18 hours after a 2 and a half hour surgery she is up, eating and ready to come home. She jumped into the truck (little one) and jumped out of it at home. I made her a nice bed on the floor and did TTouch off and on all day, she also did not cry or whine during this time. Her recuperation from this was much quicker then she recovered from the same type of surgery 3 yrs ago.

SOOOOO, I just completed my 2nd week of classes to become a practioner, the touches, bodywraps, groundwork and more is in my toolbox and if I can pass any info to others I am happy to do so. Now, the closer you are to me the better or please contact a practioner in your area because it really does work for behaivor, confidence and so much more.

PS: rgeurts, my last week in Calgary was so worth it. Sasha was pretty tired becausse we worked with our dogs alot. patti
Old November 15th, 2010, 12:05 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Very interesting. Does it just deal with the circles or are there other touches too? I just watched a video on Utube. Might be a good thing to try to practice on cats that are a little upset by being in a new situation. Or even some that are a little shy.
Thanks for sharing.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old November 15th, 2010, 01:57 PM
Senior Contributor

Sounds so interesting, I'm sure it's very calming for the animals. to you for learning this, I hope you are able to make a career out of it (if that's your plan) and helping animals along the way.
Old November 15th, 2010, 03:23 PM
Senior Contributor

The majority of the touches are circular but there are also "slides,lifts" they do help to calm your pets and provide a healthy alternative to just meds...yes you still need to see your vets.....the classes teach pretty much the same thing every time but we (people) only pick up what we need at the time. This past week when our instructor went over mouthwork it really stuck with me. This technique really helps to release tension in the mouth, jaw, lips and neck areas.

One of the things the instructor showed us about Cats is the way to hold them without causing a lot of stress on them. If you use a towel like a cape around their necks and let them stand on their feet they are going to be way more relaxed then if you wrap them in a towel and try to confine them.

I am taking the training to become a practioner and plan on working with many pets/animals in the future. If you research Linda Tellington-Jones you will find that she has touched animals all over the world, including Boa Constrictors and Cockroaches, she has also worked with animals in zoos around the world. patti
Old February 2nd, 2011, 10:14 AM
Senior Contributor

TTouch Clinics

For anyone interested and close by these are the dates that have been set up for 2011 Seminars/Clinics. From BC to Que.

Canadian Clinic Dates 2011

www.ttouch.ca

Companion Animals

Calgary, AB Feb 22-27 Robyn Hood Foundation & Ongoing Companion Animal Practitioner course Cdn Office 1 800 255-2336 ttouch@shaw.ca

Vernon, B.C. April 16-17 Robyn Hood TTouch for Dogs workshop Cdn Office 1 800 255-2336 ttouch@shaw.ca

Coberg, ON March 18-20 & April 22-24 Lucie Leclerc Foundation offered in two – 3-day courses Cdn Office 1 800 255-2336 ttouch@shaw.ca

Rupert, Que. May 7-12 Lucie Leclerc & Edie Jane Eaton Foundation & Ongoing

Companion Animal Practitioner course Cdn Office 1 800 255-2336 ttouch@shaw.ca

Vernon, B.C. July 7-12 Kathy Cascade / Robyn Hood Foundation & Ongoing

Vernon, B.C. July 15-17 Kathy Cascade & Robyn Hood

Advanced Training for Practitioner to Update – will include a shortened version of Kathy’s S.A.N.E. solution workshops which works with reactive dogs.

Rupert, Que. July 23-28 Edie Jane Eaton Foundation & Ongoing

Calgary, Alberta August/ Sept - Kathy Cascade Foundation & Ongoing

Rupert, Que. Oct 29 – Nov 3 Kathy Cascade Foundation & Ongoing

Centre canin de Montréal, Montreal, QC

Fevrier 25,26,27

Mars 25,26,27 a confirmer (To be confirmed)

Mai 20,21,22

Contactez Lucie Leclerc 819 837-2888, luciewleclerc@gmail.com.

Horses

Dawson Creek, B.C. Mar 4-6 Mandy Pretty Introduction to TTouch www.intouchwithyourhorse.com

Vernon, B.C. April 23-24 Robyn Hood / Mandy Pretty TTouch For Your & Your Horse - your horse or ours, learn TTouch to help your horse & your family Cdn Office 1 800 255-2336 ttouch@shaw.ca

Red Deer, AB Apr 29-May 1 Robyn Hood Mane Event Expo – Booth and Demos

Vernon, B.C. May 28-29 Mandy Pretty TTEAM Connect Riding clinic - 2 day clinic with 3rd day (May 30) optional private lessons Cdn Office 1 800 255-2336 ttouch@shaw.ca

Peachland, B.C. June 4-5 Mandy Pretty Connected Riding Lesson Days with an Intro to TTouch

Vernon, B.C. June 24-27 Mandy Pretty Icelandic Riding clinic including TTEAM Connect Cdn Office 1 800 255-2336 ttouch@shaw.ca

Vernon, B.C. July 16-17 Mandy Pretty TTEAM Connect Riding clinic - 2 day clinic with 3rd day optional private lessons Cdn Office 1 800 255-2336 ttouch@shaw.ca

Vernon, B.C. July 24-29 Robyn Hood/ Mandy Pretty Starting Young Horse clinic Cdn Office 1 800 255-2336 ttouch@shaw.ca

Vernon, B.C. August 6-11 Robyn Hood TTEAM Connect Cdn Office 1 800 255-2336 ttouch@shaw.ca

Peachland, B.C. September 17-18 Mandy Pretty Connected Riding Lesson Days with an Intro to TTouch

patti
Old February 4th, 2011, 11:21 PM
Pro Poop Scooper!

I went to a horse workshop years ago with Robyn. It was awesome, we got to actually work hands on with the horses. I should look into getting back into it. It works on people too!